News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

2.0 RC1 : Unable to logout with Firefox 3.0.6

Started by Sirius OCTeam, February 09, 2009, 03:42:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sirius OCTeam

Hi,

Just upgraded from the beta4 last week, with the Large upgrade Package.

Everything is fine except that under Firefox 3.0.6 we can't logout.

I've made some test under Safari 3.2.1, IE8 (8.0.6001.18372) and Opera 9.63 (10476), the logout is OK with all of them.

Seems that FF doesn't want to clear the cookie or something like that.

Any idea please ?

Thanks

Tyrsson

PM at your own risk, some I answer, if they are interesting, some I ignore.

Sirius OCTeam

All caches already cleared.

Same thing.

In fact after full clean of caches, If I login the first time, I can logout.
But the second time I login, I can't logout at all. I must erase the cookie from firefox by myself.

b4pjoe

I'm not sure if this is related to your issue but I had some similar login/logout issues. My problem was that I had 3 separate copies of SMF running. My live site and two test installs that I had just copied the live site and changed databases and paths using "repair_settings.php". The problem was that I did not change the SMF Cookie name so all 3 were using the same cookie and when I would log out of one it logged me out of all three. Once I changed them so all 3 were using a different cookie name the issues went away. So if you have more than one install of SMF make sure they are using different cookie names in "Admin:Configuration:Server Settings:Cookies and Sessions".

Sirius OCTeam

OK

So you suggest to not follow the repairsettings recommendation for the cookie...

But why the issue is only with Firefox ?

Anyway I will test that

Thanks

b4pjoe

I think if you use the "recommended" name in repair_settings.php they will be different. I had overlooked changing that setting and I ended up with all 3 being the same and when I logged out of one it logged me out of all three using Firefox 3.0.6 on a Mac. I did not try testing it on any other browsers or OS platforms.

Rumbaar

What are you AdminCP->Server Settings->Cookies and Sessions details?

Can you supply a test account to test it with Firefox?
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

Advertisement: