Need help setting up SMF/Mambo bridge intergration

Started by krom_stormbrow, February 10, 2009, 11:14:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

krom_stormbrow

Hi folks

I'm not one to come and plead for help... but I'm here doing so. Why? Because I'm just not good enough at this admin lark.

One the site I run, we have come to the decision we would like to create a site that's more than just a forum, but a resource of information as well. A CMS system seemed perfect for the role. And from my minor fudge finger button pressing, it definately seems the way to go.

The problem is none of us are quite up to the job. I managed to set the forum up and customise it enough - but that's where my skill ends.

So I'm asking if anyone wouldn't mind doing a little mentoring for me? I'm happy to go and click/bash the buttons and do everything asked - I just need pushing in the right direction.

I think once I have things set up so they work, I can fudge my way through doing a skin.

I have currently have both mambo and smf in the same database. However, I thought I had got the users ported over, but they don't seem to be able to login to the site. I think I've not done something here?

Also the forum still has the header at the top. I've just not a clue on this one

So for some information about the site:

Official site: www.minus1mod.com/smf/index.php

Testing ground site: www.minus1mod.com/test/mambo

And my versions / settings:

PHP Version:

Web Server:
Apache/2.2.11 (Unix) mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 mod_perl/2.0.4 Perl/v5.8.8

WebServer to PHP interface:
apache2handler

Mambo Version:
Mambo 4.6.2 Stable [ Zeppy ] 24-April-2007 03:00 GMT

SMF Version:
v2b4

Bridge Version:

Bridge configuration:

SMF forum integration: Wrapped

Use SMF CSS in other pages: Yes

Synch language from Mambo to SMF: Yes

Bridge Registration:

SMF forum integration: Use Bridge registration

Use SMF CSS in other pages: Yes

Synch language from Mambo to SMF: Yes

Require Registration Agreement: Ticked

Ask for ICQ, AIM, YIM, MSN?: Ticked

Send a SMF PM to the user on registration?: Ticked

Use real name or username as display?: Username

Also register into Community Builder?: Un-Ticked
(You must have Community Builder already installed, and be using Bridge Registration)

Use the CB profile instead of the SMF profile?: Un-Ticked 
(You must have Community Builder already installed)

I have synched members from SMF to Mambo and clicked the synchronize Mambo/Joomla groups accourding to saved settings.

Modules:
mod_smf_login: Unpublished
mod_login: published

mambots:
SMF_login: published
SMF_logout: published
SMF_register: published
SMF_user_ban: published
SMF_user_change: published
SMF_user_delete: published
SMF_user_unban: published
SMF_header_include: unpublished

If you need more information. If you want a previous forum member I do have a test account, more information... anything, just ask.

Any and all help is very much appreciated by this novice.

Piers

Orstio

If you have migrated your users from SMF to Mambo, you need to use the bridge login module (mod_smf_login) and not the Mambo default login module.

krom_stormbrow

I have just un-published the mambo login and published the mod_smf_login and it seems to have crashed the site: see pic

These are the modules published:

ANy ideas why it might have crashed it?

Orstio

If you publish the mod_smf_login module, you need to unpublish the SMF_login and SMF_logout mambots.

krom_stormbrow

Right, unpublished those and now I get the following error code come up:

ERROR
The requested URL could not be retrieved

While trying to retrieve the URL: http://minus1mod.com/test/mambo/index.php?

The following error was encountered:

* Zero Sized Reply

Squid did not receive any data for this request.

Your cache administrator is webmaster.
Generated Wed, 11 Feb 2009 13:34:21 GMT by pxy1 (squid/2.7.STABLE5)

I have re-published and tried logging in and I still seem to have managed to get the same error message. ???

This is a test site. Is it worth deleting all the users I have ported over and start this stage again?

*Edit*

OK, gone back and unpublished SMF_login and SMF_logout mambots. Site didn't crash this time phew. However, I'm still getting the same error :(

Is there any sort of thing I can do to provide anymore information?

This image is of my mod_smf_config in phpadmin:

And this is my users on phpadmin:

Thanks Orstio for all your help so far

Orstio

Orstio

Another problem that you'll have is your URL.

QuoteTesting ground site: www.minus1mod.com/test/mambo

When you installed Mambo, you told it that it was installed at http://minus1mod.com/test/mambo .  Mambo needs for your browser to be at the EXACT URL that you told it that it was installed at.  So, if you access it at http://www.minus1mod.com/test/mambo you will never be logged into Mambo.

krom_stormbrow

The path to the smf is: /home/minusmod/public_html/test/mambo/smf

If you click on the forum link it does find the forum though (It's a duplicate of the main forum from a week or two ago)

Is there any way to change that?

I'll have a play and see what result I get tonight. :D

krom_stormbrow

Right I changed the site location to http://www.minus1mod.com/test/mambo/ in the global configuration panel.

Unfortunately this hasn't worked and still results in the same error message appear on the browser.

Would it help Orstio if I set a super admin account for you to have a look at the back end?

I wouldn't want you to make the changes as I think it's better if I make them so that I actually learn what is going on,but you might be able to understand what is happening behind the scenes better.

Let me know.

Many Thanks

Piers

krom_stormbrow

Interestingly, I tried to re-send the activation email to a user I have been testing with incase it might have been that.

However, the email didn't get through and the browser just went blank.

Ok got these from the firefox error console when trying to login with a transferred user account:

Error: syntax error
Source File: javascript: http://www.minus1mod.com/test/mambo/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=39&action=login2
Line: 1, Column: 84
Source Code:
http://www.minus1mod.com/test/mambo/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=39&action=login2

Error: uncaught exception: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80070057 (NS_ERROR_ILLEGAL_VALUE) [nsIWebNavigation.loadURI]"  nsresult: "0x80070057 (NS_ERROR_ILLEGAL_VALUE)"  location: "JS frame :: chrome://global/content/viewSource.js :: viewSource :: line 141"  data: no]

Orstio

krom_stormbrow

Orstio

QuoteSynch language from Mambo to SMF: Yes

Do you have Nokkaew installed?

krom_stormbrow

No. Just installing now!

*crosses fingers*

Installed. Any setting in particular I should look to adjusting?

Orstio

I wasn't suggesting that you install it.

If you don't have it installed, there is no reason to attempt to synch languages, because you'll only have one language to work with.  The bridge language synch depends on Nokkaew being installed, since Nokkaew is Mambo's multi-language component.

krom_stormbrow

Ah right. I don't really need it there. Probably why it didn't have any effect. :)

I get the feeling that this should be something simple, is there a code I can run to give a full run down of settings and installations?

Orstio

Do you still have language synch turned on?

Do you still have Nokkaew installed?

krom_stormbrow

Synchronize Language from Mambo/Joomla to SMF?: Yes

Nokkaew installed: yes, but not published.

*EDIT*

This might be of interest in tracking down the issue.

If I try and login through the login module presented in the mambo interface the site crashes.
If I login via the forum login (within the wrapped smf site) it logs in and displays the users information on the login information module with the mambo skin.

heres the test user details

user: newb
password: minus1mod

Orstio

Find this line in modules/mod_smf_login.php:

<input type="hidden" name="lang" value="', $configuration->get('mosConfig_lang'), '" />

And delete it.

Advertisement: