News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Fatal error after upgrade from Beta 4 to RC1

Started by philwojo, February 10, 2009, 11:38:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

philwojo

So I upgraded my new site from 2.0 Beta 4 to RC1 today, or I should say I tried.  Everything went smoothly in the upgrade process, no kinks or anything.

But when I clicked on the link to go to my home page, I now get this message.

Fatal error: boardindex() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/philw3/public_html/4nflpicksforum/Sources/Subs-MembersOnlineToday.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/philw3/public_html/4nflpicksforum/Sources/BoardIndex.php on line 78

Any ideas?

thanks,
Phil

aED

Its the MembersOnlineToday Mod that is giving you that errors did you. Did you unninstalled your mods before upgrading? Are you using a custom theme?

philwojo

Ahh shucks, no, pretty new to this, so didn't uninstall them first and yes I am using a custom theme.

Is there anything I can do to fix it?  Small board, just starting it up.  Have a 1.18 board up and running fine, this on at 2.0 was a new board with nothing on it yet to speak of, so not to worried about losing it, but would still like to resolve it if I can.

aED

try to use the large upgrade and see if it will solve your problem.

philwojo

No luck, just tried that and get the same error.  Am I stuck with starting over then?  Or is there any way to remove the MODs and at least get the forum back up?

aED

Did you overwrite all the files? As overwriting them would also mean uninstalling all your mods (Not sure hehehe).

philwojo

I did overwrite all of the files when I uploaded them, yes.  But I am not sure that would actually uninstall the MODs, but I am not sure of that.

Phil

philwojo

OK, so I commented out the section in the file pointed out and then I was able to at least access the board.  I then reinstalled the updated version of that MOD and the board was still fine, but not showing the people online.

I then had to uncomment that section and it all is working fine now.

Thanks for the help.
Phil

Advertisement: