Yet Another Global Announcements Mod (YAGAM)

Started by Nibogo, February 11, 2009, 12:47:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mgrmgr

Quote from: NIBOGO on February 14, 2009, 08:34:31 PM
NEW v1.2 Version Uploaded

Thank you - works like a charm now (for me at least:) )

again thanks for your quick and good work :)

Nibogo

@fords8-edi67: The mod works pretty cool in my test site with SMF 2.0 RC1 fresh installation , also I don't have any error in the error log.

I will try to find the error but the code is fine for me.

@mgrmgr: Glad to hear that :)

edi67

Quote from: mgrmgr on February 15, 2009, 07:46:14 AM
Quote from: NIBOGO on February 14, 2009, 08:34:31 PM
NEW v1.2 Version Uploaded

Thank you - works like a charm now (for me at least:) )

again thanks for your quick and good work :)

please mgrmgr you can attach your message.index.template.php here i want control your file with mine for din the error.
and also you can give me link of your forum?
thx

this is your forum ?
http://forum.michgeyer.de/index.php
CrazyZone - My SMF Forum

From the difficult the hardening of the man you can see

drhamad

I haven't finished installing 1.2, but great work on making a better ManagePermissions installer.

One comment so far:
The last edit in it should be swapped with the 2nd edit, as it is above it in the file.  I don't know if this matters to the automated package installer, but it sure confused me at first (since I didn't have the search starting again from the top).

I know that's picky, but hey, just trying to help.

Edit:
Just finished installing.  I didn't notice any changes in this version, unless perhaps they were in the files that come along with it?
FMVperformance:  3.51m posts, 63k members, 11 boards, 1 database

Mazda3Forums - SmallVolvos - MazdaSpeeders Mazda Club - FordFusionClubMazda CX-7 Club - MyMazda6
Now introducing: MKSdrivers.com - FocusDrivers - TaurusDrivers

fords8

Quote from: NIBOGO on February 15, 2009, 08:25:49 AM
@fords8-edi67: The mod works pretty cool in my test site with SMF 2.0 RC1 fresh installation , also I don't have any error in the error log.

I will try to find the error but the code is fine for me.

@mgrmgr: Glad to hear that :)

It is more than likely a conflict with a mod I have installed. Once I have a chance to figure it out, I will post back.

Mods installed on my test site are:
1. Yet Another Global Announcements Mod 1.2
2. AjaxChat Integration 2.5
3. Active Members In Topic 1.7
4. Share this topic SMF Mod 1.1
5. Downloads System 1.1.5
6. RSS Feed Icon 1.1
7. RSS Feeder 1.1.1
8. PortaMx v0.955 0.955
9. SMF Media Gallery 1.5.4
10. Aeva ~ Auto-Embed Video & Audio 5.2.56

I will remove them one at a time and hope that helps. I did check each edit the installer makes, and everything looked fine and the same as if I did it manual.

EDIT: So I took out all the mods on my test site and I still get the error. I guess my next step will be to look at the database.

EDIT: Cleaned out the database. Replaced the Load.php with the one from the install package. And still no go. Only thing left is a fresh install.

drhamad

Quote from: karanima on February 15, 2009, 02:38:24 PM
1.1.5 Is it to be adapted?

No.  Use the Global Announcement mod that has been out for quite a while.  Also, you should update to 1.1.8 immediately.

Mazda3Forums - SmallVolvos - MazdaSpeeders Mazda Club - FordFusionClubMazda CX-7 Club - MyMazda6

mattchewone

I have RC1 and i have this coming up - Fatal error: Cannot use string offset as an array in /home/SMF2/Sources/Load.php(2021) : eval()'d code on line 292

willerby

me too. I've just installed through package manager to RC1 and same error on Load.php line 292...

Evrything installs fine and appears to work but adding a standard announcement to a board results in this error in the global announcement text

W
What type of washing machine is September?

An autumnatic. :)

Özgür

I test my 3 site..
And I test ie7.
1 - If i enable the comment and open the any announcement, get "Operation aborted" error. (in ie7) Look attachments..

2 - Editor resizer not work in comments area. (i test firefox and opera)
3 - If you are viewing announcement, linktree announcement link not working..

My Community > Announcements > Test
Link go to : http://www.rockayseri.net/test/index.php?action=announcements;sa=announcement;id=1
Correct : http://www.rockayseri.net/test/index.php?action=announcements;sa=view;id=1

http://www.rockayseri.net/test/index.php?action=announcements;sa=view;id=1
user : test / pass : 123456
If you want to admin account or ftp detail i can send you..
So Long

willerby

edi67

Quote from: willerby on February 16, 2009, 12:35:36 PM
What about the 292 error?

we are in 3 users with that error :( you have mod installaed? write your mod list so we can check for control which mod cause that error
CrazyZone - My SMF Forum

willerby

1. Show Local Url Titles 1.1
2. eFloating Bar for Guest & Members 0.1 
3. Recent Topics On Board Index 1.01   
4. Bakers Dozen Pages 1.1   
5. SMF Gallery Pro 1.4.5     
6. Bookmarks 2.2.1
7. Internal_Links_Use_Same_Window 1.2   
8. Latest Members 1.1 
9. SMF Articles 1.0.1.7   
10. Custom Fields On Memberlist 1.0   
11. Users Online Today 1.5.4
12. SMF Links 1.8.1 
13. PM Popup - Uses Active Window 1.4   

edi67

me too i unistalled all mods but nothing always that error 292 :( so pity i wanted so much this mod thx anyway Nibogo for mod
CrazyZone - My SMF Forum

drhamad

Quote from: edi67 on February 16, 2009, 03:15:37 PM
me too i unistalled all mods but nothing always that error 292 :( so pity i wanted so much this mod thx anyway Nibogo for mod

edi67:  Have you tried it on a fresh board, or only on a board with mods uninstalled.  I ask because uninstalling mods may not return a board exactly to stock specifications.

In tracking this down it'd be useful to know if anyone has experienced this problem on a stock board.

Obviously I'm not the mod author, but we'll see what we can figure out.

willerby

I understand. I thought you'd missed the posts.

I run my forum on bluehost.com which is advertised here. It says PHP 5.

I suspect its a mod or change to a template file somewhere. I've had to uninstall for now but if you find a way of replicating or get clues from further posts it would be really useful for my site.

Thanks for trying nibogo

fords8

I get a chance I will do a fresh install and see if it does it still.

Nibogo

I check the bug with IE 7 and happend because IE Sucks (yep IE 7 Bug) this bug has been fixed on IE8 , I check the Microsoft page:

http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2008/04/23/what-happened-to-operation-aborted.aspx

I know how to fix that bug , but I have to remove the Javascript window when you try to remove an announcement or comment , I am checking how to fix this , but one solution is just say "Please don't use IE" . Anyway I am trying to find a better solution , this is the YAGAM priority now.

Thanks microsoft for an horrible Explorer ^^

Bug fixed in my localhost , Will be ready in the YAGAM v1.3

Advertisement: