News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Yet Another Global Announcements Mod (YAGAM)

Started by Nibogo, February 11, 2009, 12:47:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nibogo

I already test it on my localhost and I don't have the redirect issue, the mod give me an error page (in blank I will fix this) only if the doesn't have the permission to see it so it's working good for me.

http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?action=announcement;aid=3

I have an error, not a redirect, unless as guest

drhamad

Yeah I'm seeing that now as well.   Either way, not working though ;)
FMVperformance:  3.51m posts, 63k members, 11 boards, 1 database

Mazda3Forums - SmallVolvos - MazdaSpeeders Mazda Club - FordFusionClubMazda CX-7 Club - MyMazda6
Now introducing: MKSdrivers.com - FocusDrivers - TaurusDrivers

drhamad

Quote from: NIBOGO on August 10, 2009, 10:25:55 PM
Quote from: drhamad on August 10, 2009, 09:40:17 PM
Yeah I'm seeing that now as well.   Either way, not working though ;)

Yep, but it's just a missed string not a fatal bug, if you have permission to see the announcement you will see it

As an admin I get the same error you're getting.

Mazda3Forums - SmallVolvos - MazdaSpeeders Mazda Club - FordFusionClubMazda CX-7 Club - MyMazda6

Verso

I am using SMF 2.0 RC1.2

I have installed Yet Another Global Announcements Mod      2.0

Everything is fine until I go to view ANNOUNCEMENT. Then I get a white screen...........

zeroandone

Quote from: Verso on August 20, 2009, 06:00:40 PM
I am using SMF 2.0 RC1.2

Everything is fine until I go to view ANNOUNCEMENT. Then I get a white screen...........

I have the same problem. I use PROF theme and I installed YAGAM for the theme.
ASP.NET developer
Drupal fan
Joomla fan
Ubuntu newbie
http://www.codingbeaver.com

lexa90

Hi guys i have a problem..
In my error log there are some errors:

Quote]http://balkanwarez.org/forum/index.php?/board,4.0.html
8: Undefined index: yagam_sticky_bar_index
File: /home/balkanwa/public_html/forum/Themes/default/MessageIndex.template.php (main sub template - eval?)
Line: 267

Here's that problematic code line:

Quote// Add the sticky bar
         if ($topic['is_sticky'] && !$sticky_bar && (isset($modSettings['yagam_sticky_bar']))){         
267 =>>>         echo'<tr class="titlebg"><td colspan="', empty($options['display_quick_mod']) ? '7' : '8', '" style="padding:8px 4px;"><b>'.$txt['yagam_sticky_bar_index'].'</b></td></tr>';
            $sticky_bar = true;

And also i have this error

Quotehttp://balkanwarez.org/forum/index.php?action=announcement;aid=7
2: Illegal offset type
File: /home/balkanwa/public_html/forum/Sources/AnnouncementView.php
Line: 79

And the code line:

// Load all the author info including the Color Link
loadMemberData($announcement['author']);
loadMemberContext($announcement['author']);
$context['announcement']['author'] = $memberContext[$announcement['author']];
79=>>>     $context['poster'] = (!empty($color_profile[$context['announcement']['author']]['link'])) ? $color_profile[$row['author']]['link'] : $context['announcement']['author']['link'];

So if anyone knows pleaseeeeee help me. I resolved the permissions error but know i have those problems.

Thanks in advance

drhamad

I am using SMF 2.0 RC1.2

Welcome to the club :(

devil_jin

Quote from: drhamad on September 02, 2009, 05:22:30 PM
I am using SMF 2.0 RC1.2

Welcome to the club :(

LOL drhamad you got that one right..

Almost everyone has similar problem :(

Mr_Dark

I've solved the permission error

Open "sources/AnnoucementView.php" (if you don't have this file, you have to manually upload it because it doesn't get installed when you install it via the packet manager)

Find the following line:
'comment_total' => $row['comment_total'],

Past this line beneath it:
'permissions' => $row['permissions']

----
Find this line:
$permissions = explode(',',$row['permissions']);

Replace it with this:
$permissions = explode(',',$announcement['permissions']);

----
Find this line:
if ($announcement_permission == false || !$user_info['is_admin'])

Replace it with this:
if ($announcement_permission == false && !$user_info['is_admin'])

----
Now it should work fine :)

glennk

Hi there,

I am getting some strange behaviour with this mod. When I sticky a topic it is getting included in the glopbal announcements section.

glennk

Im getting an error now when I click on my announcement :

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/glennk/public_html/forum/Sources/AnnouncementView.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/glennk/public_html/forum/index.php on line 356

Mr_Dark

Quote from: glennk on September 27, 2009, 04:21:32 PM
Im getting an error now when I click on my announcement :

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/glennk/public_html/forum/Sources/AnnouncementView.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/glennk/public_html/forum/index.php on line 356

Manually upload the AnnouncementView.php file to the /Sources/ directory.. This file is not copied if you install this mod through the packet manager.

haerde

NIBOGO bro, there is an error in ./Themes/default/MessageIndex.template.php:

Quote// Add the sticky bar
         if ($topic['is_sticky'] && !$sticky_bar && (isset($modSettings['yagam_sticky_bar']))){         
            echo'<tr class="titlebg"><td colspan="', empty($options['display_quick_mod']) ? '7' : '8', '" style="padding:8px 4px;"><b>'.$txt['yagam_sticky_bar_index'].'</b></td></tr>';

should be:
         // Add the sticky bar
            echo'<tr class="titlebg"><td colspan="', empty($options['display_quick_mod']) ? '7' : '8', '" style="padding:8px 4px;"><b>'.$txt['yagam_sticky_bar'].'</b></td></tr>';

Bolded one is an error.

Also the fix of permission bug by Mr_Dark is correct, thx mate !

Nibogo

Finally the release of the 2.1 version of YAGAM, I leave the development of this mod for a couple of month for my school but now I have time to fix all the bugs, take a look to the changelog, please upgrade it's really important btw thanks to Mr_Dark for the solution to the permission bug and haerde for report the wrong string, if you find any other bug please let me know it, I will fix and if you have any additional idea (I don't have any idea for this mod) please comment it maybe I can include it in a future release.

Changelog:

Version 2.1 - Oct 08, 2009
- Fixed permission bug (Thanks to Mr_Dark)
- Fixed blank page bug
- Fixed wrong string on messageindex (Reported by haerde)
- Fixed issue uploading the AnnouncementView.php and AnnouncementView.template.php files

Smog

Quote from: NIBOGO on October 08, 2009, 04:18:39 PM
Finally the release of the 2.1 version of YAGAM, I leave the development of this mod for a couple of month for my school but now I have time to fix all the bugs
Great to hear!  :)

ralliart

Hi Nibogo,

Thanks for the latest version.

However, there's a bug when I enabled  Enable Force Read Announcement on Login? option:

An Error Has Occurred!

Unable to load the 'main' template.

Help please. thanks!

Maxtor

I found another bug, at "Global Announcements Settings" if i enable "Important Topics" everything is ok, BUT i cant disable it. Can you check it?

Im using 2.0 RC.1.2

Advertisement: