News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Yet Another Global Announcements Mod (YAGAM)

Started by Nibogo, February 11, 2009, 12:47:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nibogo

I already test it on my localhost and I don't have the redirect issue, the mod give me an error page (in blank I will fix this) only if the doesn't have the permission to see it so it's working good for me.

http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?action=announcement;aid=3

I have an error, not a redirect, unless as guest

drhamad

Yeah I'm seeing that now as well.   Either way, not working though ;)
FMVperformance:  3.51m posts, 63k members, 11 boards, 1 database

Mazda3Forums - SmallVolvos - MazdaSpeeders Mazda Club - FordFusionClubMazda CX-7 Club - MyMazda6
Now introducing: MKSdrivers.com - FocusDrivers - TaurusDrivers

drhamad

Quote from: NIBOGO on August 10, 2009, 10:25:55 PM
Quote from: drhamad on August 10, 2009, 09:40:17 PM
Yeah I'm seeing that now as well.   Either way, not working though ;)

Yep, but it's just a missed string not a fatal bug, if you have permission to see the announcement you will see it

As an admin I get the same error you're getting.

Mazda3Forums - SmallVolvos - MazdaSpeeders Mazda Club - FordFusionClubMazda CX-7 Club - MyMazda6

Verso

I am using SMF 2.0 RC1.2

I have installed Yet Another Global Announcements Mod      2.0

Everything is fine until I go to view ANNOUNCEMENT. Then I get a white screen...........

zeroandone

Quote from: Verso on August 20, 2009, 06:00:40 PM
I am using SMF 2.0 RC1.2

Everything is fine until I go to view ANNOUNCEMENT. Then I get a white screen...........

I have the same problem. I use PROF theme and I installed YAGAM for the theme.
ASP.NET developer
Drupal fan
Joomla fan
Ubuntu newbie
http://www.codingbeaver.com

lexa90

Hi guys i have a problem..
In my error log there are some errors:

Quote]http://balkanwarez.org/forum/index.php?/board,4.0.html
8: Undefined index: yagam_sticky_bar_index
File: /home/balkanwa/public_html/forum/Themes/default/MessageIndex.template.php (main sub template - eval?)
Line: 267

Here's that problematic code line:

Quote// Add the sticky bar
         if ($topic['is_sticky'] && !$sticky_bar && (isset($modSettings['yagam_sticky_bar']))){         
267 =>>>         echo'<tr class="titlebg"><td colspan="', empty($options['display_quick_mod']) ? '7' : '8', '" style="padding:8px 4px;"><b>'.$txt['yagam_sticky_bar_index'].'</b></td></tr>';
            $sticky_bar = true;

And also i have this error

Quotehttp://balkanwarez.org/forum/index.php?action=announcement;aid=7
2: Illegal offset type
File: /home/balkanwa/public_html/forum/Sources/AnnouncementView.php
Line: 79

And the code line:

// Load all the author info including the Color Link
loadMemberData($announcement['author']);
loadMemberContext($announcement['author']);
$context['announcement']['author'] = $memberContext[$announcement['author']];
79=>>>     $context['poster'] = (!empty($color_profile[$context['announcement']['author']]['link'])) ? $color_profile[$row['author']]['link'] : $context['announcement']['author']['link'];

So if anyone knows pleaseeeeee help me. I resolved the permissions error but know i have those problems.

Thanks in advance

drhamad

I am using SMF 2.0 RC1.2

Welcome to the club :(

devil_jin

Quote from: drhamad on September 02, 2009, 05:22:30 PM
I am using SMF 2.0 RC1.2

Welcome to the club :(

LOL drhamad you got that one right..

Almost everyone has similar problem :(

Mr_Dark

I've solved the permission error

Open "sources/AnnoucementView.php" (if you don't have this file, you have to manually upload it because it doesn't get installed when you install it via the packet manager)

Find the following line:
'comment_total' => $row['comment_total'],

Past this line beneath it:
'permissions' => $row['permissions']

----
Find this line:
$permissions = explode(',',$row['permissions']);

Replace it with this:
$permissions = explode(',',$announcement['permissions']);

----
Find this line:
if ($announcement_permission == false || !$user_info['is_admin'])

Replace it with this:
if ($announcement_permission == false && !$user_info['is_admin'])

----
Now it should work fine :)

glennk

Hi there,

I am getting some strange behaviour with this mod. When I sticky a topic it is getting included in the glopbal announcements section.

glennk

Im getting an error now when I click on my announcement :

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/glennk/public_html/forum/Sources/AnnouncementView.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/glennk/public_html/forum/index.php on line 356

Mr_Dark

Quote from: glennk on September 27, 2009, 04:21:32 PM
Im getting an error now when I click on my announcement :

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/glennk/public_html/forum/Sources/AnnouncementView.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/glennk/public_html/forum/index.php on line 356

Manually upload the AnnouncementView.php file to the /Sources/ directory.. This file is not copied if you install this mod through the packet manager.

haerde

NIBOGO bro, there is an error in ./Themes/default/MessageIndex.template.php:

Quote// Add the sticky bar
         if ($topic['is_sticky'] && !$sticky_bar && (isset($modSettings['yagam_sticky_bar']))){         
            echo'<tr class="titlebg"><td colspan="', empty($options['display_quick_mod']) ? '7' : '8', '" style="padding:8px 4px;"><b>'.$txt['yagam_sticky_bar_index'].'</b></td></tr>';

should be:
         // Add the sticky bar
            echo'<tr class="titlebg"><td colspan="', empty($options['display_quick_mod']) ? '7' : '8', '" style="padding:8px 4px;"><b>'.$txt['yagam_sticky_bar'].'</b></td></tr>';

Bolded one is an error.

Also the fix of permission bug by Mr_Dark is correct, thx mate !

Nibogo

Finally the release of the 2.1 version of YAGAM, I leave the development of this mod for a couple of month for my school but now I have time to fix all the bugs, take a look to the changelog, please upgrade it's really important btw thanks to Mr_Dark for the solution to the permission bug and haerde for report the wrong string, if you find any other bug please let me know it, I will fix and if you have any additional idea (I don't have any idea for this mod) please comment it maybe I can include it in a future release.

Changelog:

Version 2.1 - Oct 08, 2009
- Fixed permission bug (Thanks to Mr_Dark)
- Fixed blank page bug
- Fixed wrong string on messageindex (Reported by haerde)
- Fixed issue uploading the AnnouncementView.php and AnnouncementView.template.php files

Smog

Quote from: NIBOGO on October 08, 2009, 04:18:39 PM
Finally the release of the 2.1 version of YAGAM, I leave the development of this mod for a couple of month for my school but now I have time to fix all the bugs
Great to hear!  :)

ralliart

Hi Nibogo,

Thanks for the latest version.

However, there's a bug when I enabled  Enable Force Read Announcement on Login? option:

An Error Has Occurred!

Unable to load the 'main' template.

Help please. thanks!

Maxtor

I found another bug, at "Global Announcements Settings" if i enable "Important Topics" everything is ok, BUT i cant disable it. Can you check it?

Im using 2.0 RC.1.2

Advertisement: