News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

A question about smf banner

Started by coucnilhomeswap, February 11, 2009, 07:07:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coucnilhomeswap

hi guys can some one tell me how big a banner needs to be to stretch from one end of the default header to the other and how do i impliment it.

i want rid of the smf logo (Sorry SMF no offence) And i want a banner to stretch the lenght of my default sites header

glennk

Default template works in percentages. So there is no definitive answer. It all depends in what size resolution your viewers have their monitors set at.

You might be able to conjour somthing up with a repeated image.

coucnilhomeswap

:D you've lost me now. im a total newbie at design stuff

Antechinus

The default theme is set to a percentage of screen width. This means that if you want a full width banner you need a different one for every screen resolution that your members will use.

Alternatively you can set the theme to a fixed width or recode the header section to give hidden overflow on a wide banner.

coucnilhomeswap

it sounds a bit complicated so unless someone has a quick fix i'll just leave it

glennk

You could replace the default logo with one of your own. Make it the same size etc.

Antechinus, is it easy to change the default theme to fixed width ? I never thought of doing that.

coucnilhomeswap

i did that but it was so small i couldnt read the writing id put on it

Tyrsson

If this is solved feel free to mark it as solved otherwise reply with some details of what isn't working.
PM at your own risk, some I answer, if they are interesting, some I ignore.

nikku

Tyrsson

PM at your own risk, some I answer, if they are interesting, some I ignore.

Advertisement: