Hide the member group?

Started by fricky, February 11, 2009, 10:40:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fricky

Is it possible to hide the member group name below someone's name? I don't mean the post based group like newbie and jr. member but the name of a member group I made. Instead of the stars, I made a button for people in that group with the name, so the group name doesn't need to be there. Any help is greatly appreciated =).

Tyrsson

It will make it difficult to keep up with which one is which but you can remove the membergroup name in the edit membergroup area. However the name will no longer show in the list of groups which is the downside.
PM at your own risk, some I answer, if they are interesting, some I ignore.

fricky

Ohw thanks! Silly me didn't even try that or think that would be allowed. I'll give it a go and if I just get confused I'll put the name back. Thanks for your help! =)

Oldiesmann

It would be better to edit the template files instead.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Tyrsson

@Oldies I agree. Will work that out tomorrow.... Its late/early here.

Rumbaar

But they want the badge to display, but not the actual title.  So that would help assigning it to the secondary membergroup.  Editing the title display from the Display.template.php, Profile.template.php will most likely be the best solution.  But for the most part it's and all or nothing deal.

Remove from Display.template.php
// Show the member's primary group (like 'Administrator') if they have one.
if (isset($message['member']['group']) && $message['member']['group'] != '')
echo '
', $message['member']['group'], '<br />';
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

Tyrsson

I knew there was something I was forgetting to do.... Dang it..

Advertisement: