YaBB 2.1 Converter stops working, but pretends to still be working

Started by pqx, February 12, 2009, 09:52:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pqx

**** Update ****

Please click here to download an updated converter that does not have this problem. (Same link as the file in post #11 below.)

There may still be one small problem: Polls may all seem to have the 'Maximum votes per user' set to 0. To fix this, use this SQL query in phpMyAdmin:

UPDATE smf_polls SET maxVotes = '1';

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi there,

I've been trying to convert my YaBB 2.1 forum into SMF 1.1.8 with the latest converters, but when it gets to the stage called:

"Converting polls and poll choices... Incomplete"

The database stops changing in size, and the converter runs forever, always showing the message above, refreshing after a while like it normally does.

Is there anything that can be done? I noticed this is one of the last stages, so maybe it won't be too hard to fix? I hope  :o

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By the way, when I convert I also get three other errors, and they appear consistently on every attempt. But I have found ways to fix them. I'm just going to post the solutions here just as extra info:

"Duplicate entry '0-0' for key 1"

I fixed it by removing duplicate keys manually, adding incremental numbers starting from 1, in one of the key columns. (both columns have all-zeroes). The records involved are always around 15 or so.

UPDATE smf_log_topics set ID_TOPIC=1 where tempID=1181708943;
UPDATE smf_log_topics set ID_TOPIC=2 where tempID=1181706364;
etc...

"Unknown column 'temp_filename' in 'field list'" (#1)

Fixed by creating the missing column with alter table smf_messages ADD COLUMN temp_filename tinytext NOT NULL default ''

"Unknown column 'temp_filename' in 'field list'" (#2)

Error above will not go away with the previous solution, because it will re-delete the column and try to access it immediately, and it occurrs when converting attachments. Since I have never used the attachments feature, I simply blanked the variable uploaddir in Yabb's Paths.pl [nofollow] file. I don't know why it was even set, but it looked like a default value.

Any help will be EXTREMELY appreciated!! My host is ready to kick me out due to Yabb's high CPU usage...

ThorstenE

pqx

Thank you for pointing me to this converter. I tried with that one and here's what happened:

-None of the previous errors appeared, and it all appeared to run a whole lot faster. However, the conversion stopped at the following step:

"Converting polls and poll choices (part 2)... Incomplete."

And it was still pretending to be working, as it happened with the other converter. This time the substep number kept going higher and higher, (I stopped it at 2933000) but the size of the database had already stopped changing altogether when it got to the step above. The table smf_log_polls is empty, while smf_polls and smf_poll_choices contain thousands of records each.

The size of the database this time is significantly larger (164.4 MiB versus 133.0MiB). Though it did go one step further than the other converter.

What should I do now?

ThorstenE

have you re-installed SMF before using the "new" converter? the old converter drops some indexes from the database tables and this may be the problem during the polls conversion.

pqx

yep, I always reinstall SMF on every conversion attempt, always using a new blank database for it. I am using SMF 1.1.8.

JMB

I have the exact same issue with the 'Converting polls and poll choices (part 2)...'.

It's currently at step=1&substep=617400&cstep=15&start=0.

The rest of the conversion took about 5 minutes, it's been stuck on the polls for over an hour!

Converting from YaBB2.1 to SMF 1.1.8, using the 'new style' converter and a clean SMF install...

ThorstenE

I'll check this later today and post a modified version from the converter..

ThorstenE

JMB

Used the modified version. Completed conversion. No getting stuck this time.

Problem now is that no polls have been converted! The posts are there in the threads that had polls but the polls themselves are missing...

EDIT: Looking a phpMyAdmin, smf_polls has 9 records, smf_poll_choices has 106 records. The forum I was converting has about 250 polls and many thousands of votes...

pqx

Here are my results:

-Conversion went smoothly and nicely with no errors or warnings.
-I cannot find any polls either, just the threads that had them. (I could see polls and poll results just fine with previous converter)
-Size of database: 164.6MiB (there have been posts since then, so essentially same size)
-smf_log_polls contains 3,342 records, smf_polls contains just 5, and smf_poll_choices contains just 36. (they contained thousands with previous converter)

Also, found the following when running the built-in maintenance scripts (only relevant text included):

Find and repair any errors:
The following errors are fouling up your forum:
A vote was cast by member #1 on a non-existent poll #0.

Optimize all tables to improve performance:
Optimizing smf_log_polls... 25.367188 kb optimized.

-----------

One thing that I forgot to mention in my original post (and which keeps happening) is that the moderators for each forum section all get clumped together into one forum section, making them all mods of only that section. This however is easily fixed through the control panel.

ThorstenE

ok, next version attached ..if this still doesn't work: can you zip the whole YaBB folder and PM me a link where I can download it?

JMB

That version worked great, all polls seem to be there! Thanks a lot for fixing that!  8)

One small issue with the polls is that they all seem to have the 'Maximum votes per user' set to 0, so you no one can vote!

ThorstenE

ok, I'll check this later ..
a quick and easy fix: use phpMyAdmin and set the maxVotes to 1 for all polls.

UPDATE smf_polls SET maxVotes = '1';

JMB

pqx

Advertisement: