News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Modify post problem

Started by ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ, February 07, 2009, 12:38:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

ok, i though a hide tag was responsible for the problem i was having and found some other information indicating that this may not be the case.

anyway the problem..

The problem was discovered when i was using the hide tag mod, when i would edit posts using the top modify button it would load the hidden replacement text instead of the data from the post in database.

i found away to test if its the mod or not and found that it may not be the mod, i tested a post with no hide tags and got the same thing.

This is kinda difficult to explain without writing an essay, so if anybody wants a login to my forum you can see exactly what i mean.

ok i will try to explain everything here, using images

ok i want to modify this post:

as you can see it uses the hide tag, but im aproved to see it as im administrator

ok the post box images:

Using Quick modify the blue circled one :

Using Normal Modify circled in Red

Now, does anybody know why this is happening

its happening on posts without hide tags too

Thanks
JohnCcCcCc

SMF 2.0 RC5

Webhost to New Webhost file transfer service, PM me - Fast transfers

karlbenson

It would probably be a bug with the hide mod.

The hide protection doesn't appear to cover when the content is loaded via ajax
(and it might not cover other things like Search, Rss either. You might want to check).

You might want to raise this issue with the author of the hide mod, in the mods support topic.

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

even with the hide tag mod uninstalled the both modify buttons behave differently though,

its as if the quick modify button reads from the database, and the modify button is reading from thr current page, IDK how this is possible, but its quiet a problem, as quiet a few members forget the warning i issued about using the correct modify button to edit hide tag posts

SMF 2.0 RC5

greyknight17

johncccccc, is this issue resolved now?

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

actually yes, it was a bug in the mod which caused the issue when using modify it does sxomething different with WYSIWYG editor, which has now been fixed :)

SOLVED

SMF 2.0 RC5

Advertisement: