News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

[Preview] Graphica v1

Started by EternalSorrow, February 13, 2009, 11:05:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EternalSorrow

My soon-to-be-released forum.  It's a first try in modifying the SMF default theme.  The only snag I've hit is running the theme in Internet Explorer, which doesn't order the images as well as in Firefox (my preferred browser).

I did get lucky and validate it in XHTML, though.

View the theme [nofollow]
[nofollow]

ameo

Though I dislike green color - it's to bright, I really like what you did with other things on forum.
It's very nice any unique. My favorite thing is MENU - well done!
antechinus:
QuoteIf you are dying for a solution it may be wise to seek medical attention.
Get some Awesome Smileys for your forum

|±(ಠ_ಠ
)±|

bullbreedluverz

nice theme just 1 problem i see using firefox is the text for affiliates/copyright is aligned to the left

Antechinus

Great theme. Really nice. I like it.  :D

Personally I think it'd be even nicer if the category headers (the grey ones) had their top corners rounded to match the menu and top of the theme. I'd also be inclined to either carry the footer to the bottom of the page or round the corners if you want it floating. To me it looks a little unfinished the way it is.

The drop menus could be compacted slightly for a cleaner look too, without losing any usability, and a rounded corner on the bottom would set them off nicely.

Bloody nice piece of work, though. You really should release it for RC1 as well.

You still have one tiny validation error on that page. It's only a typo on one of your anchor tags.

<li><a href="http://animara.org/tutorial">Tutorials &raquo;</a>
    <ul><li><a href="http://animara.org/tutorial/type.php?type=Articles">Articles</A></li>

Should be lower case </a> of course. ;)

Quote from: stikkki on March 18, 2009, 08:26:55 AM
nice theme just 1 problem i see using firefox is the text for affiliates/copyright is aligned to the left
Fine on my box with XP/FF3. Are you running Vista?

bullbreedluverz

Quote from: stikkki on March 18, 2009, 08:26:55 AM
Fine on my box with XP/FF3. Are you running Vista?
[/quote]

yeah im using vista (please dont hate me it was already on my new pc lol)

Antechinus

Doesn't faze me, but it might annoy EternalSorrow. ;D

It should be possible to sort it anyway with the old if statement up in <head> trick, or perhaps even just a css tweak. Better to find out now before he goes live with it.

EternalSorrow

Quote from: Antechinus on March 20, 2009, 10:36:39 PM
Doesn't faze me, but it might annoy EternalSorrow. ;D

It should be possible to sort it anyway with the old if statement up in <head> trick, or perhaps even just a css tweak. Better to find out now before he goes live with it.

It doesn't bother me too much, mostly just irking.  What sort of if statement would I use against the beast known as Vista?
[nofollow]

Antechinus

I can't remember where all the $context's for SMF are listed. I know it's in one of the Sources files but I'd have to ask or go searching. I remember a thread about it a while back. What I'm getting at is I'm not sure if SMF will sniff Vista without a mod or not.

I'm thinking of this sort of thing:

// IE7 needs some fixes for styles.
if ($context['browser']['is_ie7'])
echo '
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="', $settings['default_theme_url'], '/css/ie7.css" />';

Akyhne

Nice theme. Just one thing: Your username/password fields looks a little to much like buttons. It's not easy for people to see they can write in those ones.

Advertisement: