[tip/trick] Logo and Banners in 1.1.x

Started by coucnilhomeswap, February 14, 2009, 08:54:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coucnilhomeswap

leave it the way it is. whats the name of your site and i will knock some up for you. only do 6 designs

TDNY

Quote from: my S-M-F mods on March 02, 2009, 04:33:57 PM
leave it the way it is. whats the name of your site and i will knock some up for you. only do 6 designs

Really? Thanks so much. it's new and my first ever site so be easy on me :D

it's www.treasuredigging.com a metal detecting forum.

TD

coucnilhomeswap

try this. when you click the link you can right click and save it to your desktop

TDNY

Quote from: my S-M-F mods on March 02, 2009, 04:50:54 PM
try this. when you click the link you can right click and save it to your desktop

I have it on the desktop, you did that quick wow

coucnilhomeswap

TDNY

Quote from: my S-M-F mods on March 02, 2009, 05:12:31 PM
hehe is it ok for you

Ha Ha.....lmao it's GREAT man. You DID see what's there now right?

How do I post it to the site?

coucnilhomeswap

firstly upload it to your image file in either your root directory or the images folder in the theme directory and then in current theme in admin you need to add the full url and click save for it to show

TDNY

Quote from: my S-M-F mods on March 02, 2009, 05:24:12 PM
firstly upload it to your image file in either your root directory or the images folder in the theme directory and then in current theme in admin you need to add the full url and click save for it to show

OOH That's a big to do for me not being so computer savvy but here goes, wish me luck.

TD

TDNY

Uploaded succesfully into the default theme images folder ;), let me try the rest.

TDNY

I don't know where on my site in Admin I am supposed to add the full URL.
still looking.

TDNY

Quote from: TDNY on March 02, 2009, 05:38:53 PM

I don't know where on my site in Admin I am supposed to add the full URL.
still looking.

I got it but lmao it's sooo tiny :D

coucnilhomeswap

go back to page 3 were the logo is. now click it and another window will open. a bigger version will apear then you can save that one

TDNY

Quote from: my S-M-F mods on March 02, 2009, 05:47:45 PM
go back to page 3 were the logo is. now click it and another window will open. a bigger version will apear then you can save that one

Looks great but it's a little too big now and over to the right too far any way to fix that?

TDNY

Forget my last post, I had the screen res enlarged for something else so I did Ctrl and scrolled the mouse wheel.

That Banner is GREAT thanks so much I really appreciate it.

I went to donate on your site but says I need to join, I'm off to join. Thanks again for the help I couldn't be happier.

TD

crazy2002

tried it on my site and it worked great thanks Duncan ,,,I'm looking for more tricks from you

coucnilhomeswap

it wasnt duncan that did this post. duncan only cleaned the code up so people didnt get errors

crazy2002

Quote from: my S-M-F mods on March 03, 2009, 09:41:02 AM
it wasnt duncan that did this post. duncan only cleaned the code up so people didnt get errors
ok thanks to who did ,,,,

Morrell

Chas Large

Thanks for the great tip, found it by accident in Hints and Tips. Have been looking for this for ages.
My Modifications :)  My Forum

Please DO NOT PM me with support requests. Post the problem in the appropriate Support Board so everyone can benefit from the advice given.

Geargarious

I want to do this for my forum but when I go to the adminsection it doesn't give me the option to mod core, only classic yabb and babylon. Am  i missing something here, I'm pretty new at this.

Advertisement: