News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Edit Languages not working properly

Started by HecKel, April 03, 2009, 05:31:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HecKel

Hi!

One user told me that we had a "mistake" in one translation, so I decided to go to the Admin Panel to change that.

Admin > Configuration > Languages > Edit Languages

Then, I clicked on the Portuguese_PT "link".

I went to the template and I found the mistake, until now everything fine.

Then, I changed what was wrong and I had clicked in "Save".

BUT...

When the page reloaded, that "mistake" was back again, that just didn't change the file.

I don't know if is not saving or if I have any problem with file permissions, but even if it is the file permissions, some warning should occur, so I think that can be considered as a bug.
Quote from: Eliana Tamerin on August 23, 2008, 04:10:10 PM
SMF 7 is where it gets good. That has time travel. You can go back and post before the guy who flamed you. :P

SleePy

Was there any single quotes in the text?

Does changing the permissions on the file make it work?
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

HecKel

Nop, and changing the permissions didn't work as well.

The file is the Profile.portuguese_pt-utf8.php

The ACTUAL string is the showMessages with this text:
QuoteMessages

And I want to change to
QuoteMensagens

After changing, I click on the save button and after the refresh stills the "Messages" text instead of the new one "Mensagens".
SMF 7 is where it gets good. That has time travel. You can go back and post before the guy who flamed you. :P

SleePy

Is the file writable?
Tried 0777?
Did the changes get made to the file itself?

This still worked for me, I wasn't using the potuguese language file, but it shouldn't make a difference.
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

karlbenson

Tested in latest svn. We're definately clearing the lang cache now after altering language strings.

HecKel

I forgot about this, I tried again and after the submit, I saw again the same incorrect string...

Are you saying that the latest svn already has that solved?

Advertisement: