Is there a mod for 2.4 that will hide all the IP's

Started by AnotherDimension, February 14, 2009, 03:17:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnotherDimension

I had a mod on my board before I tried to upgrade to 2.4 RC1 which I regret doing and had to go back to 2.04 beta, but I had a hide IP mod active and now that I had to re-install one I can't find it again. Can someone please post the link to the hide IP mod that works with 2.04beta...having the ip's displayed on boards with questionable subject matter is a bad thing...Thank you for your time...

aishaweb

Only admins and global moderators can see the IPs.

babjusi

Quote from: AnotherDimension on February 14, 2009, 03:17:29 PM
I had a mod on my board before I tried to upgrade to 2.4 RC1 which I regret doing and had to go back to 2.04 beta, but I had a hide IP mod active and now that I had to re-install one I can't find it again. Can someone please post the link to the hide IP mod that works with 2.04beta...having the ip's displayed on boards with questionable subject matter is a bad thing...Thank you for your time...

Do you mean this mod?

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1532

Rumbaar

Removing the IP from display doesn't/wouldn't remove it from being recorded in the database.  So any actual security isn't security at all.
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

DragonballZ

so the best solution is to remove or stop it storing ip address right?

Rumbaar

I do not know why such an action would be required, but yes you would have to remove them from the db.  But I'm sure IP recording is linked to many features of the forum and would reduce the functionality of these features.
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

Advertisement: