News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

[Tip] Remove Images from Quotes!

Started by heavyccasey, February 15, 2009, 03:13:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arantor

Ah, my bad. I just figured the two used the same method - I didn't check, but it's usually the case that if a mod is written where there is an existing tip/trick, that the mod may well have used the code from the tip.

nwobhm

Has anyone tried if this works with RC2 :)

Arantor

I see no reason why this wouldn't work on 2.0 RC2. The BBcode listing wasn't touched IIRC.

Antechinus

I'll definitely be wanting this on RC2 so if it doesn't work now I'll find a way to make sure it does (if nobody beats me to it). AFAIK though it should work.

Costa

Hugo "Costa" Fernandes - PT SMF
Todas as MP's a pedir ajuda são sujeitas a radioactividade, microondas, queimadas e atiradas borda fora.

"At least someone appreciates the fact that I am doing and not thinking..."
"Laziness is counter-revolutionary."

Scratching my Head

Does not appear to work for 1.1.11  :-[

Arantor

No, there was a rewrite of the img tag in 1.1.11.

Scratching my Head

Thanks Arantor. Is there a fix/mod that achieves the desired result?

Arantor

Nope, it's a complete rewrite of the tip :S

Scratching my Head

I'm not sure I follow. As I understand it there is nothing now available that hides images in quotes?

Arantor

Correct. The tip is based on the old img tag code that was in versions prior to 1.1.11. It will need rewriting to work on 1.1.11.

Scratching my Head

Very good. Thanks muchly, Arantor.

gbsothere

Quote from: Arantor on March 10, 2010, 04:14:18 PM
Correct. The tip is based on the old img tag code that was in versions prior to 1.1.11. It will need rewriting to work on 1.1.11.

I've used the old Remove Images From Quote mod v1[1].0 for a long time; we have it now on my 1.1.11 board.  I can't remember, but I don't think I had to tweak anything for it to work. 

:-\

But then, I don't remember what I had for lunch, so....

:)

My apologies, but I am taking a break from accepting PM requests for support.  If I am not currently assisting you, please do not ask as long as this notice is posted.  Thank you.

I Don't Want To Grow Old Alone

It has been proven that Steely Dan reduces the occurrence of road rage, according to an independent study.

A reminder about admin / ftp passwords etc.

Chas Large

I've written a mod for SMF 2.0 RC2 based on this tip but it's not been approved yet.

It also works for RC3.

It's title will be "Remove images from Quotes" I'll post here again when it's released.
My Modifications :)  My Forum

Please DO NOT PM me with support requests. Post the problem in the appropriate Support Board so everyone can benefit from the advice given.

gbsothere

My apologies, but I am taking a break from accepting PM requests for support.  If I am not currently assisting you, please do not ask as long as this notice is posted.  Thank you.

I Don't Want To Grow Old Alone

It has been proven that Steely Dan reduces the occurrence of road rage, according to an independent study.

A reminder about admin / ftp passwords etc.

Antechinus

Works in 1.1.11 for me too. Never changed a thing.

In fact I want to tweak it to remove the quotes from quotes. :D Having quotes collapsed by default and expandable onclick would be rather handy I think.

waruna

I'm using SMF2.0 RC2. Just a quick question, is there any way to remove images from quotes only at the same page of the images? I mean the function will not work if the images are quoting from another page.

Thanks in advance.
Trust of Lust

Advertisement: