Installing SMF PROBLEM.. i need help..tnx

Started by piojunbabia, February 15, 2009, 05:16:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

piojunbabia

I ruined the index.php files and it ruined everything... :( so now i have reset my forum and have to install again... i deleted all the files in "public_html" and downloaded SMF installer. then when I am about to install it, i got error message.. what could have happen? can anyone help out? this is the error message i got!

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cannot connect to the MySQL database server with the supplied data.If you are not sure about what to type in, please contact your host.
Access denied for user 'hionline'@'localhost' (using password: NO)
Click here to try this step again.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

anyone please?  ???
[/]

Vekseid

You need to supply your database password to the install script : )
Adult Role Playing Forums - - Over five million posts - - Elliquiy's LAMP configuration (maybe NSFW)

Blog about Forums and Servers - - Twenty things to make Simple Machines Forum go faster

Private/Instant Message requests for free support will be ignored.

piojunbabia

i already provided password for that database.. but that is still the error message I recieve... anything else?

Vekseid

Is your password set correctly in Settings.php?

It's difficult to diagnose without more details in general.
Adult Role Playing Forums - - Over five million posts - - Elliquiy's LAMP configuration (maybe NSFW)

Blog about Forums and Servers - - Twenty things to make Simple Machines Forum go faster

piojunbabia

oh. do i have to set the password correctly? i just put a random password, i entered it in the install.php i have no idea about that settings.php

Vekseid

Oh... yes, you will need to use the same password you configured the database to, whatever that is in your control panel.

piojunbabia

i did set only one password once... i entered the password during on install.php what should i do with the settings.php? do i do some editing there? to get it fixed?

Vekseid

install.php needs the password to your database. Your database password is something that you set in the control panel your host provides, not in install.php

piojunbabia

:'( nosebleed....... what should i do then? i dont know php codes......

Vekseid

This doesn't have anything to do with php...

Find a technical friend who can walk you through your setup? I need to get going for the day here : /

piojunbabia

ok thank you sir... i will ask from some one who host my forum.... :) thank you again.... :)

FORUM ADMIN this thread can now be locked... thank you..

Rumbaar

I know you asked to be locked.  But I'll give details for future searches.

You need to create a database on your host, then assign a mySQL account to that db.  Then use those db, username & password to access and create the contents of the forum inside the database.

The Online Manual should cover all this:
Installing SMF
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

Advertisement: