SMF Support > Server Performance and Configuration

Twenty-four things you can do to make SMF go faster (Updated June 16th, 2010)

<< < (79/79)

Arantor:
It prunes one set of tables and outs records in the other because if the way SMF works. It just so happens that for you it made it bigger, this is not universally true.

albertlast:

--- Quote from: vbgamer45 on July 09, 2017, 04:58:44 AM ---Another tip just discovered that the smf_sessions table last_update should have an index to add one run

--- Code: ---alter table smf_sessions add index last_update (last_update);

--- End code ---

--- End quote ---

Don't do this kind of advice based on your wrong setup smf.
index slow down dml actions.

MobileCS:

--- Quote from: Arantor on August 06, 2017, 06:27:28 AM ---It prunes one set of tables and outs records in the other because if the way SMF works. It just so happens that for you it made it bigger, this is not universally true.

--- End quote ---

Ok, after going through the code more carefully, I can see what you're talking about.

In my opinion, this script should ignore users with 0 posts. I've modified my version to do just that. On my forum, I have lots of registered users that just want to access members only content.

This will clear up more than 750,000 entries in the smf_log_mark_read table alone.

Arantor:
In my opinion, the script is fine for normal use, and your use case is atypical, such that changing the script generically will hurt more people than it would help.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version