awesome theme !!!

DarkGênesis

codebirth

Beautiful  :)

netco

There is no need to think or choose . just smf

TheLegend

Paracelsus

Curious thing, this new theme look threatens to become the most awaited "feature" in SMF v2.0, even more than the real new features. ;D

GravuTrad

Quote from: Paracelsus on February 19, 2009, 06:33:30 AM
Curious thing, this new theme look threatens to become the most awaited "feature" in SMF v2.0, even more than the real new features. ;D

We are a little tired of the actuel default theme lol...
On a toujours besoin d'un plus petit que soi! (Petit!Petit!)

Think about Search function before posting.
Pensez à la fonction Recherche avant de poster.

Xarcell

I know this is just screenshots and you can't judge a book by it's cover.

I just wanted to voice my opinion on what I've seen so far. I am very disappointed with the fact that it uses round corners(images). Yes it makes the theme look smoother, but customizing it looks like it's going to alot of work for designer's that really want to switch things up. I know it was said that a "theme kit" will be created to help with designs, but that should be the first warning that it isn't the right route to go.

I hate the drop-down menus, especially when it goes from a single column to a secondary column. Using a touchscreen with it is a b*tch. I see it being used in places where I think it shouldn't(admin areas), and not used in places where it should be(message.index).

I work with alot of new-age electronics getting a good idea of where consumers are heading. Things like 65" monitors and touch screen PC's. Full HTML browsers in smartphones. I can't help but wonder how the curve theme will hold up in these?

There are other "little things" that I feel need detailing, but I know it's a WIP.

I have considered creating an "unofficial default" for some time now. I will admit my coding skills(php) aren't where they should be, but I think it can be done. After seeing screens of the curve, I know I definitely will. It's just going to take so much time and work, that I dread doing it.

I just try to be grateful that I have SMF, which is still the best forum software out there.

青山 素子

Quote from: Xarcell on February 19, 2009, 12:04:45 PM
I just wanted to voice my opinion on what I've seen so far. I am very disappointed with the fact that it uses round corners(images). Yes it makes the theme look smoother, but customizing it looks like it's going to alot of work for designer's that really want to switch things up. I know it was said that a "theme kit" will be created to help with designs, but that should be the first warning that it isn't the right route to go.

The corners are all CSS-driven, so you can remove them if you like. The kit will be, afaik, sources of the images and gradients going into this theme, which will make it really easy for those that want a quick color change.

I hate the drop-down menus, especially when it goes from a single column to a secondary column. Using a touchscreen with it is a b*tch. I see it being used in places where I think it shouldn't(admin areas), and not used in places where it should be(message.index).

Luckily, you can switch between the drop-down menus and the older sidebar. The drop-downs were shown as they do look different than the same old sidebar look.

I work with alot of new-age electronics getting a good idea of where consumers are heading. Things like 65" monitors and touch screen PC's. Full HTML browsers in smartphones. I can't help but wonder how the curve theme will hold up in these?

We are considering how best to handle smaller screens, and the advantage is that with a semantic design, we can work well on these and on larger screens. Want to handle a large screen? Either use part of it, or scale up the design. It should work well, we are putting effort into making sure things will handle scaling reasonably well.

I have considered creating an "unofficial default" for some time now. I will admit my coding skills(php) aren't where they should be, but I think it can be done. After seeing screens of the curve, I know I definitely will. It's just going to take so much time and work, that I dread doing it.

I've been considering using the new semantic code to build look-a-likes of classic at the very least, as some of my forums use that as their base theme. Given the care I see being put into things, I don't think it will be all that bad. Remember, we're not talking mounds of tables here.
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

billy2

simply beautiful..................!!!!

you must be soooooooooo proud.

well done all.......and thanks

cheers

Antechinus

Quote from: Motoko-chan on February 19, 2009, 12:58:11 PMI've been considering using the new semantic code to build look-a-likes of classic at the very least, as some of my forums use that as their base theme. Given the care I see being put into things, I don't think it will be all that bad. Remember, we're not talking mounds of tables here.

I think semantic versions of Babylon and Classic would be a worthwhile project at some point. Some people still like those themes.

Acans

Now theres a wave of destruction thats easy on the eyes.
"The Book of Arantor, 17:3-5
  And I said unto him, thy database query shalt always be sent by the messenger of $smcFunc
  And $smcFunc shall protect you against injections and evil
  And so it came to pass that mysql_query was declared deprecated and even though he says he is not
  dead yet, the time was soon to come to pass when mysql_query shall be gone and no more

Dejv

Thank you, a very nice theme, looking forward for 2.0 final release so I can finally upgrade :)

What I like the most is the highlighted "new topic" and "reply" button.  Maybe I would make these two a little bit bigger.
I wouldn't highlight the notify button.
SMF 1.1.20

Minare

I didn't see anything extraordinary, it is just smf and a normal theme

But since everyone liked it, the problem is me then ! Cangrats :)

Meowwang

dekay

Nice theme.

Quote from: Dejv on February 19, 2009, 11:44:54 PM
What I like the most is the highlighted "new topic" and "reply" button.  Maybe I would make these two a little bit bigger.
I wouldn't highlight the notify button.

!!!

Comparing to the (old) phpbb look I always thought, SMF comes with too many options/buttons for users that have only little or no experience in using forums.
So make things more SIMPLE and hide the additional stuff like "send to" "unread" or "print" to some place where users can find them if needed.

phpMyTony

So this is the thing I was seeing everywhere!!!

searchgr

ascaland

eclipsenow

Quote from: dekay on February 20, 2009, 10:00:48 AM
Comparing to the (old) phpbb look I always thought, SMF comes with too many options/buttons for users that have only little or no experience in using forums.
So make things more SIMPLE and hide the additional stuff like "send to" "unread" or "print" to some place where users can find them if needed.

Again, I absolutely agree. I like the FX themes for the fact that they hide the extraneous functions.... I'd have "Reply", "New Post" very prominent, with a slightly lower level of emphasis on "Quote" and "Notify"
* Please don't PM me for help, I DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ANYWAY!
* Please tick your thread as "resolved" when after you have implemented solutions to your problem

Eclipse Now predicts...
2015: Airlines bankrupt, freight routes collapse, agricultural crisis and the "Greater Depression" begins. Welcome to the end of the oil age!  (We had better leave oil before it leaves us!)

Advertisement: