News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Change username = lost permissions

Started by FrEaK@ZoiD !!!, December 04, 2007, 09:18:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FrEaK@ZoiD !!!

Hi all !!

I´m using SMF 1.1.4 with Joomla 1.0.12 and Joomla-SMF bridge v.2.0.
This is the site: www.clubepeugeot.com

When I change the username or/and the nickname by admin panel (http://...&action=profile;u=XXX;sa=account)
this user lost his permission to star new topics...
When i check the user permissions into his profile, i can see that he has this permission by "members" group. If i try to change his username or/and nickname back, the permission still messed up....

I try to change the user/nick name directly in the data base using phpmyadmin, in that way this change work, but the bridge can´t synchronize te database anymore.....

Someone can help??

Regards

SlammedDime

I'll move this to the portals board, but you'd probably get better support at JoomlaHacks.com as we do not support their bridge here.

Something to check though: is the user part of any other membergroups other than 'members'?  If so, are there any Deny permissions in effect for those groups that may affect it?
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

FrEaK@ZoiD !!!

Quote from: SlammedDime on December 04, 2007, 10:31:21 PM
I'll move this to the portals board, but you'd probably get better support at JoomlaHacks.com as we do not support their bridge here.

Something to check though: is the user part of any other membergroups other than 'members'?  If so, are there any Deny permissions in effect for those groups that may affect it?
Thanks !
I´ll post this same question in joomlahacks.com
I check the all membergroups that the user is inside. No denyed permissions. By the way, i set all groups with that permission, and the problem continue...

I Think I will uninstall all mods that I have, make a fresh copy of all the SMF theme files (dilbermc) and re install one by one...

Thanks for the tips !!

Advertisement: