News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Multiple Rank Route's

Started by lupus, March 01, 2005, 09:19:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lupus

Not sure if this is an available option but one i used to be able to use in phpbb.

We have multiple groups wanting there own rank system for post count.  Can it be done currently or could someone create it...More than willing to supply the phpbb mod info if someone could give it a go...I know its massivly popular with my oen board member's...

Cheers

Lupus

Oldiesmann

Unfortunately, this currently isn't possible in SMF.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

lupus

Quote from: Oldiesmann on March 01, 2005, 09:50:49 AM
Unfortunately, this currently isn't possible in SMF.

Really thats a shame, i just most mods were a slight manipulation of the php code to show other thing's...

Oldiesmann

It could probably be done, but it wouldn't be a simple modification. You'd need to have some way to tell SMF which groups to use where. If you want though, I can take a look at the phpBB mod and see exactly what it does.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

lupus

Quote from: Oldiesmann on March 01, 2005, 10:55:00 AM
It could probably be done, but it wouldn't be a simple modification. You'd need to have some way to tell SMF which groups to use where. If you want though, I can take a look at the phpBB mod and see exactly what it does.

That would be graet...I'd be more than willing to tell you where the phpbb mod can be found...I'd have a bash myself but i'm just learning php and too be honest adding mods is about as complicated as i can get at the moment...

Oldiesmann

I'll see what I can do. I know my way around the phpBB site pretty well.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Oldiesmann

Looks like you're going to have to show me where it is... 15 minutes of searching and I haven't found anything except an old mod for phpBB 2.0.4 that isn't available anymore
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

lupus

Quote from: Oldiesmann on March 01, 2005, 12:06:31 PM
Looks like you're going to have to show me where it is... 15 minutes of searching and I haven't found anything except an old mod for phpBB 2.0.4 that isn't available anymore

No worries there is a link on the phpbb site to this but its hosted by phpbbhacks...

Here's a direct link for you...

http://www.phpbbhacks.com/download/3163

Oldiesmann

Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Oldiesmann

Hmmm... Well, this probably could be done in SMF, but it would still mean quite a bit of modification, although most of it would be in Load.php (that's the file where all the $context['user'] stuff is loaded). If I get a chance sometime soon I'll see what I can do with it.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

lupus

Cool thanks mate...Its a great mod that keeps people doing what they do best posting...

Its always strange that such simple things keep poster's happy, but hey it makes an admins life easier i say...

Oldiesmann

Yeah, it does make life easier for us admins sometimes :)
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

lupus

Hi Bro wondering if you'd had a look to see if this was possible... ;D

Advertisement: