News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

yabb font size tags not converted

Started by Groundhog, February 18, 2009, 09:05:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Groundhog

Hi Guys

Thanks for making it possible to convert YaBB files to SMF. Pretty impressive really.

All appears to have converted well except for the text font size tags. In Yabb these are just numbers size=10 but I believe that SMF requires these to be like size=10px.

I have run a few searches here but didn't find a solution to the problem. If the messages had just been flat files then I would have probably been able to fix the problem but as I understand, you can correct me if I am wrong, the messages will have been converted/imported into the SQL database but I don't know enough about editing the database to be confident that I won't break it.

What do you suggest that I do here?

1. Find a way to convert the messages in SMF so that all the tags that have [size=**] are changed to [size=**px]
2. Find a way to have SMF accept the text size without the px.
3. Is there already a fix for this here that I have missed.

Lastly. Can I run the convert multiple times without producing multiple copies of the messages etc? I ask this in case there is another convert file that I should be using. Also as I will probably keep my YaBB board live until I have SMF setup properly, I may want to run the convert from time to time to keep the two boards synchronized.

Sorry for a long winded message  :)

ThorstenE

you can re-convert without issues. our converter cleans SMF before inserting the old YaBB Content.

you can use phpMyAdmin and a short SQL query to fix the size issue:
UPDATE smf_messages SET BODY = replace( BODY, 'size=10', 'size=10px' );

replace the 10 with all other used sizes and repeat the query.

Groundhog

Quote from: TE on February 18, 2009, 01:17:40 PM

you can use phpMyAdmin and a short SQL query to fix the size issue:

TE

That was perfect. Thanks for the help. It's all good now  :)

Advertisement: