News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

SSI = blank page

Started by robinrobin, February 18, 2009, 12:48:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

robinrobin

Ok, so i've read the basic SSI FAQ and found the correct path to my SSI.php file by using the ssi_examples.php. I created a new php file and added the code according to the FAQ page to see the menu bar, but visiting that file in my browser only shows a blank page. I've searched this forum without finding any help.

What's wrong?

2.0 RC1

Kermit

What kinda codes did you use then in your .php file ?
My Mods
Please don't PM/mail me for support,unless i invite you
Formerly known as Duncan85
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."

A. Einstein

robinrobin

<?php

require("[dir_structure]/SSI.php");

ssi_menubar();

?>

I added regular HTML tags and a few lines of text to see if that worked, and not even that did. Still blank.

Kermit

require("[dir_structure]/SSI.php");

What is the dir_structure ?  ::)

it should be like this

require(dirname(__FILE__) . '/SSI.php');
My Mods
Please don't PM/mail me for support,unless i invite you
Formerly known as Duncan85
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."

A. Einstein

robinrobin

Um, well the website i want to add SSI functions to is on a completely different domain than the forum.

Rumbaar

You wont be able to call the SSI.php from a different domain. This is a security issue, so that not just anyone can access your core functions.

Is the different domain on the same hosted server?
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

robinrobin

Thank you for the clarification, Rumbaar. I have changed my folder set-up according to the way it "should" be while moving everything to a new server (website/forum rather than them both being in root), so i guess it should be fine now.

spearfish

Yeep, should work now.  If you need anything else let us know :) .

robinrobin

Advertisement: