News:

SMF 2.1.2 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

SMF Quiz

Started by Diego Andrés, February 18, 2009, 01:08:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

edi67

one question quiz in package are everything in english language as i think there is way for add quiz in different languagE? i means i have italian forum so will be nice to have quiz in italian
thx for all
CrazyZone - My SMF Forum


From the difficult the hardening of the man you can see

Arveles

Quote from: S_M_F_Modding on February 19, 2009, 03:49:26 AM
I assume you hadn't already played the quiz over the maximum times? This error could also occur if the returned XML is invalid (it retrieves the quiz information and questions that way).

I could look into this further but would need a login to your forum and the quiz you were having problems with.

ok..thanks..
http://www.egitimforumu.com
http://www.egitimforumu.com/index.php?action=SMFQuiz
user: testuser
pass: testpass
Elveda SMF...

islam2hamy

nice mod , thank you.

Arabic Translator - Web Designer
My Mods / My Themes  //  GfxLand





Sudhakar Arjunan

HI SMFModding,

Such an excellent mod.

Quiz mod, i was searching for someone to embed  a years back.

So i have used the quiz separately out of forum.

this is an excellent concept. All the Best.
Working on New Mods & Themes for SMF... Will update soon... My Blog page
My Smf forum : Discuss ITAcumens :: My SMF Forum

quiz_modder

Quote from: casp3r on February 19, 2009, 05:13:51 AM
Looking forward to using this but just one problem :(

./Themes/default/languages/ManageScheduledTasks.english.php     File not found

Where do I get this file from?

It should have been installed as part of the mod install. Check the download to make sure it is in there.

quiz_modder

Quote from: mforum on February 19, 2009, 05:43:25 AM
i hope someone will make a similar mod for smf 1.1.x ,,,,, after all is the only stable version right now  :-\

It takes up a huge amount of my time as it is, I am not sure I am going to find any time to do a version for 1.x I am afraid.

quiz_modder

Quote from: ethankcvds on February 19, 2009, 07:51:02 AM
I keep getting this error when I try to enter questions.

Wrong value type sent to the database. Integer expected. (id_quiz)
Function: SaveQuestion

It's effecting Line: 1146 of SMFQuizDb.php. All that line is is a ); .

Could you try again? Could you also list the exact steps you took to get you to this error please?

Thanks

dimdom

Excellent mod. Too bad that it can not be used by the majority of SMF users that use 1.1.8 (I am one of them too)...




qubbah

hope.... can convert to smf 1.1.X tq...

quiz_modder

Quote from: dimdom on February 19, 2009, 01:30:13 PM
Excellent mod. Too bad that it can not be used by the majority of SMF users that use 1.1.8 (I am one of them too)...

I only had time to work on it for one version. As most people will be moving to SMF 2 in the future it seemed natural to choose that verison now, rather than create it for 1.x and then having to migrate it to 2.x. Also, my own forum is running 2.x

Sorry.

ethankcvds

Quote from: S_M_F_Modding on February 19, 2009, 01:24:04 PM
Quote from: ethankcvds on February 19, 2009, 07:51:02 AM
I keep getting this error when I try to enter questions.

Wrong value type sent to the database. Integer expected. (id_quiz)
Function: SaveQuestion

It's effecting Line: 1146 of SMFQuizDb.php. All that line is is a ); .

Could you try again? Could you also list the exact steps you took to get you to this error please?

Thanks

Well it happens when I try to put in questions for the users to answer.
No Pm's for support please!

PerryM

Quote from: S_M_F_Modding on February 19, 2009, 01:51:06 PM
Quote from: dimdom on February 19, 2009, 01:30:13 PM
Excellent mod. Too bad that it can not be used by the majority of SMF users that use 1.1.8 (I am one of them too)...

I only had time to work on it for one version. As most people will be moving to SMF 2 in the future it seemed natural to choose that verison now, rather than create it for 1.x and then having to migrate it to 2.x. Also, my own forum is running 2.x

Sorry.

Correct - why spend time on a version that will be replaced with 2.0.  I'm using smf 2.0 in production web sites - it would be foolish of me to waste my time too on an old version that will be replaced.

2.0 is doing just fine folks.
Perry

casp3r

Just downloaded SMFQuiz 1.0.3.zip again and checked it but can't find ManageScheduledTasks.english.php anywhere in it. I'm obviously doing something very stupid :)
Aviation forum & gallery
www.niaviation.co.uk

quiz_modder

Quote from: casp3r on February 19, 2009, 02:04:53 PM
Just downloaded SMFQuiz 1.0.3.zip again and checked it but can't find ManageScheduledTasks.english.php anywhere in it. I'm obviously doing something very stupid :)

Argh, sorry, it is me that is being stupid, I should have read your post more carefully  :)

That is a standard file installed as part of SMF, so not sure why you don't have it??

casp3r

Many thanks. Can't understand why that file wasn't uploaded with the original install - have uploaded install seemed to go ok but when I click on 'Quiz' in the admin console I get the following message, any ideas?

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_OBJECT_OPERATOR in /mysitepathhere/public_html/Sources/SMFQuizAdmin.php on line 1325
Aviation forum & gallery
www.niaviation.co.uk

quiz_modder

Quote from: casp3r on February 19, 2009, 02:38:28 PM
Many thanks. Can't understand why that file wasn't uploaded with the original install - have uploaded install seemed to go ok but when I click on 'Quiz' in the admin console I get the following message, any ideas?

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_OBJECT_OPERATOR in /mysitepathhere/public_html/Sources/SMFQuizAdmin.php on line 1325

You don't have PHP 5 installed I suppose? If you observe the readme PHP 5 is a prerequisite.

casp3r

Sorted - just had to add a php5 switch to my .htaccess file. Many thanks
Aviation forum & gallery
www.niaviation.co.uk

quiz_modder

Quote from: casp3r on February 19, 2009, 02:52:06 PM
Sorted - just had to add a php5 switch to my .htaccess file. Many thanks

I am glad it is sorted  :)

jayman2

Thanks for this amazing mod.  Only found one thing so far.  The quiz.jpg image that is supposed to show on the main page is missing from the /images/quiz_images/Quizes directory.  It's not in todays archive.  Could you please just post that image?  Thanks.

quiz_modder

Quote from: jayman2 on February 19, 2009, 04:57:43 PM
Thanks for this amazing mod.  Only found one thing so far.  The quiz.jpg image that is supposed to show on the main page is missing from the /images/quiz_images/Quizes directory.  It's not in todays archive.  Could you please just post that image?  Thanks.

I had issues uploading the mod with all the quiz/category images on the SMF site - it seemed to be a timeout issue due to its size. Therefore I have created a separate add-on mod that will install a load of images for you, along with some default categories. Please visit the following for more information:

http://www.smfmodding.com/index.php?action=downloads;cat=1

Thanks

Advertisement: