News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

SMF Quiz

Started by Diego Andrés, February 18, 2009, 01:08:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrselnombre

This is working fine on my forum.... so far.
Installed and created my own quiz, it's being tested by users now.
There are a couple of things in the error log, but nothing that prevents play so far.
I have a missing image but i can sort that tomorrow with my own creation.

I run 2.0.2 and the latest version of the quiz, which is a beta.
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
Total Twaddle.

Chalky

I'm also on 2.0.2, and it says it's installed correctly, but then as it tries to divert me to the settings, or if I navigate to the settings myself, I get the error message:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare parseleaguemessage() (previously declared in /home/content/28/74****8/html/sabrinova/Sources/ScheduledTasks.php:733) in /home/content/28/74****8/html/sabrinova/Sources/SMFQuizAdmin.php on line 348

mrselnombre

not had that problem?
have you checked that line 348 in the file SMFQuizAdmin.php?
(\__/)
Total Twaddle.

Chalky

How odd.... line 348 is just a }

Any ideas?

mrselnombre

Looks like line 338 is relevant to your error.

what about the file /Sources/ScheduledTasks.php:733 ?
(\__/)
Total Twaddle.

Dave J

Quote from: mrselnombre on March 03, 2012, 04:00:54 PM
I'd really like to try this mod.
Does anyone have the quiz packs?

Want to see if i can get it working.

First thing you need to do is install the quiz even though you dont have any images or questions.

Then download the tables and images I have uploaded (13Mb) here

Once you have done that then go to your cPanel for your site, run 'phpMyadmin' and delete the 12 tables that start with the name smf_quiz.

Once you have done that, open the file 'create database tables for quiz.sql' in 'Notepad++' if you don't have it installed get it...it's free, and this will not add any formatting to the text either which is very important.

The copy the text, (CTRL+A).

Go to your database and click on 'SQL' at the top of the page and paste (CTRL+V)the text from the database file into the box. Once you have done that click on go....wait for a while until the text disappears then click on you database name to see if the tables have been installed. If yes then close 'cPanel'.

Now go to the location where your SMF site is installed go to
Quote/public_html/Themes/default/images/quiz_images
using the folders provided by me overite the existing 2 folders 'Questions' & Quizes'

Once you have done that go to you site and clear out the cache and your quiz should be safe to run.

I have tested this method on my test site and it worked twice so there should be no reason that I can think of that it wont work on yours.

As I'm not sure if the link I have provided for the files is allowed PM me if the staff delete it and I'll send the link that way.
If you want quizzes to add to the new SMF2.1 quiz mod go here . There are also walkthroughs in the forum to explain how to install them and other tips.

Chalky

Quote from: mrselnombre on March 04, 2012, 03:49:41 AM

mrselnombre

Quote from: Sabrinova on March 04, 2012, 04:14:43 AM
Quote from: mrselnombre on March 04, 2012, 03:49:41 AM

hmm, same as mine.
can you see any duplicate code in that file?
(\__/)
Total Twaddle.

mrselnombre

Quote from: davejo on March 04, 2012, 04:12:19 AM

First thing you need to do is install the quiz even though you dont have any images or questions.

Then download the tables and images I have uploaded (13Mb) here

Once you have done that then go to your cPanel for your site, run 'phpMyadmin' and delete the 12 tables that start with the name smf_quiz.

Once you have done that, open the file 'create database tables for quiz.sql' in 'Notepad++' if you don't have it installed get it...it's free, and this will not add any formatting to the text either which is very important.

i can't find that file in the rar i have just downloaded.
(\__/)
Total Twaddle.

Chalky

Quote from: mrselnombre on March 04, 2012, 04:19:06 AM

hmm, same as mine.
can you see any duplicate code in that file?

I've just looked down the whole file and nothing has jumped out at me  :-\

mrselnombre

you can send it to me and i can take a look.
?
i don't know if you can attach it here, or if we'll have to rely on email
(\__/)
Total Twaddle.

Chalky

Quote from: mrselnombre on March 04, 2012, 04:28:55 AM
you can send it to me and i can take a look.
?
i don't know if you can attach it here, or if we'll have to rely on email

mrselnombre

hmm, all added to that file correctly.
Do you have any duplicate entries in your scheduled tasks section in your Admin area?

I'm puzzled. I'm no expert.

What about the edits to sourcedir/Admin.php? are there any duplicates there? (thinking about where you are getting the errors)
you could even try reuploading the file SMFQuizAdmin.php to your site? Not convinced about that one tho.

personally, i'd completely remove it, check all the files to make sure all the edits have been taken out.
Then i'd re-download and try again.

Something is off, but it's not affecting everyone, as i have installed it, and it is working fine.
(\__/)
Total Twaddle.

Chalky

Thanks, I'll try removing and re-downloading first.
Upon uninstalling I get this message in red at the top of my screen:

"IMPORTANT NOTE: The database tables/entries are not uninstalled, as you may be going to perform an upgrade. If you are not planning on continuing with this mod, please remove these manually. A script may be provided at http://www.smfmodding.com to do this automatically if demand is high enough"

I have no idea how to manually remove database tables or entries  :-\

mrselnombre

I don't think it would install more entries to the database when you reinstall it, as the bits it needs would already be there.

BUT

I'm clueless with SQL, so hopefully someone else will know the quickest way to do it.

Otherwise I'd back up the database completely and go into PhpMyAdmin and delete entries manually, but this is risky if you don't know what you are doing, and I wouldn't advise it.
(\__/)
Total Twaddle.

Dave J

Quote from: mrselnombre on March 04, 2012, 04:24:25 AM
i can't find that file in the rar i have just downloaded.

It's definately there as I have just downloaded it myself.

Once you have extracted the file you will end up with a folder called 'Quiz_data___images' inside that there another folder 'Quiz data & images' inside that folder is the sql file and the images folders to upload.

The only way to delete the database tables is from your cPanel or whatever it is you use the administer your domain. You should be able to backup your database via the options in Admin\Maintenance\Database...and choose the option 'Backup Database'. I have never done this as I use a program called 'Mysql Administrator' but at least you'll have a backup in case you do something wrong.

As long as you only tick the boxes to the smf_quiz tables, as I have said there are on 12 of them, and drop those then your not doing any harm to the rest of the site.

If you have access to your cPanel but don't know what your doing and you need help let me know...I cannot do anything to help you if you don't have access to cPanel.
If you want quizzes to add to the new SMF2.1 quiz mod go here . There are also walkthroughs in the forum to explain how to install them and other tips.

Chalky

Have you any ideas about my issue Davejo?  I've reinstalled from a fresh download but it's exactly the same...

Dave J

Quote from: Sabrinova on March 04, 2012, 09:18:19 AM
Have you any ideas about my issue Davejo?  I've reinstalled from a fresh download but it's exactly the same...

I have just installed this on a fresh install of 2.0.2 and there were no errors at all. I have also changed the database files as i described and have a fully functioning quiz.

I might have changed some code in the original package. So I have attached it below. You do not have to delete the tables to re-install the quiz.

mrselnombre

Thanks, it was indeed there. I was having a blonde moment this morning. :D

1 question..
I don't really want to delete the quizzes I created this morning. Just because of the time it took to create them.

So could i save them and some how add them back in once I've installed this Sql info?

I exported my quiz sql from the database before dropping, so i can add back easily.
(\__/)
Total Twaddle.

GlitchPC

Quote from: davejo on March 04, 2012, 09:55:48 AM
Quote from: Sabrinova on March 04, 2012, 09:18:19 AM

I have just installed this on a fresh install of 2.0.2 and there were no errors at all. I have also changed the database files as i described and have a fully functioning quiz.

I might have changed some code in the original package. So I have attached it below. You do not have to delete the tables to re-install the quiz.

Will you be submitting this to SMF for approval?

Advertisement: