News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SMF Quiz

Started by Diego Andrés, February 18, 2009, 01:08:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GlitchPC

davejo...

Thanks...I'll look into that.  However, it would be a good idea to give Admins the ability to change a user's results within the mod...since there is a "Dispute" form...don't you think?  I mean...what good is a dispute...if one can't change the outcome?  Just sayin'...

Thanks for the quick reply...much appreciated.

Dave J

Quote from: GlitchPC on April 22, 2012, 03:44:17 AM
davejo...

Thanks...I'll look into that.  However, it would be a good idea to give Admins the ability to change a user's results within the mod...since there is a "Dispute" form...don't you think?  I mean...what good is a dispute...if one can't change the outcome?  Just sayin'...

Thanks for the quick reply...much appreciated.

No problem Glitch and yes your right it would be a good idea.
If you want quizzes to add to the new SMF2.1 quiz mod go here . There are also walkthroughs in the forum to explain how to install them and other tips.

GlitchPC

I was able to make the changes to the database...however, there were a few tables I had to modify...and not just the one you mentioned (smf_quiz_result).  I should have wrote them down.  My bad... :o

This much I know...

It would seem just making that one change does not update the Info Board table.  You cannot do an "inline edit" for that table.  However...it can be edited.

Dave J

Quote from: GlitchPC on April 22, 2012, 04:58:24 AM
I was able to make the changes to the database...however, there were a few tables I had to modify...and not just the one you mentioned (smf_quiz_result).  I should have wrote them down.  My bad... :o

This much I know...

It would seem just making that one change does not update the Info Board table.  You cannot do an "inline edit" for that table.  However...it can be edited.

Ok thanks for the update.
If you want quizzes to add to the new SMF2.1 quiz mod go here . There are also walkthroughs in the forum to explain how to install them and other tips.

emanuele

FYI: I'm setting up a repository at bitbucket with a wiki and an issue tracker (if you want feel free to report issues and requests for enhancements (also) there so that are easily accessible).

Take a peek at what I'm doing! ;D

Hai bisogno di supporto in Italiano?

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

Realinfo

/Sources/Admin.php    Test failed

2.0.2 Default Theme.......... I tried manually........... but don't work............ please see...........

TheListener

Quote from: Realinfo on April 22, 2012, 10:49:36 AM

2.0.2 Default Theme.......... I tried manually........... but don't work............ please see...........

Why didn't it work? Did you use the parser to do the edit?

Dave J

Try the attached one.

Saahilk2000

It installed correctly, and everything works fine except for the edit option. When i try to edit a quiz, it gives me the following error message.

Method Not Implemented

GET to /index.php not supported.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Help pls.

emanuele

Hello Saahilk2000,

mmm...digging the internet this seems to be a problem with mod_security...

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

Saahilk2000

Quote from: emanuele on April 22, 2012, 03:26:58 PM
Hello Saahilk2000,

mmm...digging the internet this seems to be a problem with mod_security...

The thing is that i was able to edit it before but then i installed forum firewall and bad behaviour mod and since then, everything is screwed.

emanuele

ahhhh....even less idea than before then!

1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

Saahilk2000

Quote from: emanuele on April 22, 2012, 03:59:29 PM
ahhhh....even less idea than before then!

and big pain in the neck is that i cant even get rid of these 2 mods ... its like i am stuck with it forever .... everytime i uninstall, it disables one function or another and i have to install it again ......

I am even having problem with even people registering on my forum coz of these 2 mods .....

TheListener

Make sure bad behaviour is disabled before uninstalling.

I also use BB and have no trouble with it or the smf quiz.

Kindred

I would assume that there is probably a problem with your firewall configuration.  That is an excellent mod, but is very difficult to set up correctly and very easy to screw up your system if you set it incorrectly.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Realinfo

Quote from: davejo on April 22, 2012, 12:00:02 PM

Try the attached one.

thanks.......... It seems ok now............ But from where we can get more and more quiz.xml ................

novill

Write for yourself, this will be a unique quiz. :)

Dave J

Quote from: Realinfo on April 23, 2012, 04:23:19 AM
But from where we can get more and more quiz.xml ................

I have created 28 seperate category packages for a total of 530+ quizzes which I have installed on my site. I have sent Emanuele a link to them so he can post them as either as one package or as individual packages.

As this is his mod now he is the one to decide how and when they are distributed.

GlitchPC

Hello...it's me, again, Margaret.   :laugh:

Just noticed something about deleting "Disputes" on the older version...1.0.8 b4 version of this mod.

The only way to remove a dispute is to reply to the dispute and click the Send/Remove button.  If you see a list of disputes...and tick the box next to them...then click the Delete button...nothing happens.

I haven't upgraded to the latest version by emanuelle...waiting for any bugs to be ironed out.

In the meantime...how do I fix the above issue?  Thanks for any help on this.

Dave J

Quote from: GlitchPC on April 23, 2012, 07:29:50 AM
Hello...it's me, again, Margaret.   :laugh:

Just noticed something about deleting "Disputes" on the older version...1.0.8 b4 version of this mod.

The only way to remove a dispute is to reply to the dispute and click the Send/Remove button.  If you see a list of disputes...and tick the box next to them...then click the Delete button...nothing happens.

I haven't upgraded to the latest version by emanuelle...waiting for any bugs to be ironed out.

In the meantime...how do I fix the above issue?  Thanks for any help on this.

Yep I concur with that as i too have a site which has the old version on it and it does the same there.

Dont know the answer but I think you'd just be better of taking the plunge Glitch and get the new version.

We have tested it till it screamed at us to stop and we didn't get any errors. That's not to say that a conflict may happen with another mod...but I tested it on my test site with 40 different mods installed without a hitch.

If you do take the plunge make sure you save the 'quiz_images' folder in the themes default folder before you unintsall it as it will wipe them out. It will not affect the database tables you have...although I would back everything up as a matter of course just to be on the safe side.

Sorry I can't be of any more help.

Advertisement: