Advertisement:

Author Topic: SMF Quiz  (Read 402285 times)

Offline davejo

• Dave's Hobby Workshop
Re: SMF Quiz
« Reply #1020 on: May 11, 2019, 03:01:37 AM »
Is there an option that allows guests to take quizzes?

The short answer is no. The link in my signature should let anyone who is a member of this forum download the file. I have logged out of FileFactory and it works when I click on it.

If you mean can it be done from a site member who can use the quiz on another site the answer is no only admin can export quizzes.
If you want 'Quiz' questions Click here
Quiz Test Site Link

Offline Study Force

• SMF Hero
    • StudyForcePS on Facebook
    • @studyforceps on Twitter
« Reply #1021 on: May 11, 2019, 08:41:42 PM »
I'm surprised the option to allow guests to play hasn't been incorporated. I know they're different mods, but SMF Arcade allowed for this and the recording of scores, which I think increased forum engagement back when I had it.

Offline Arantor

• Resident Overthinker
  • SMF Friend
  • SMF Legend
    • StoryBB/StoryBB on GitHub
« Reply #1022 on: May 12, 2019, 03:23:34 AM »
The question he answered wasn’t the one you asked. His answer related to the download he provided, not whether the quiz mod supports guests.

Thing is, you could always try it to find out...but since it isn’t listed as a feature, I’d suggest it probably isn’t, and guest anything is fragile since you have no way to reliably track anything.
Don’t try to tell me that some power can corrupt a person. You haven’t had enough to know what it’s like.

No good deed goes unpunished / No act of charity goes unresented.

Offline davejo

• Dave's Hobby Workshop
« Reply #1023 on: May 12, 2019, 04:29:14 AM »
 'Study Force' your comment 'guests to take quizzes' I read as guests being able to download the quizzes rather than play them.

The mod does not allow guests to play the quizzes, there is only one permission in the settings for guests and that's to view the quiz only.

If you want 'Quiz' questions Click here
Quiz Test Site Link

Offline palmdoc

• Semi-Newbie
« Reply #1024 on: June 12, 2019, 10:35:29 PM »
Wow, haven't logged on here for many years and can't believe the mod is still being used and is (to some extent) working. Hope you're enjoying it.

It's a great Mod. It should not be laid to rest and the biggest challenge now is to make this more mobile friendly. My wish and hope is someone can do this.

Offline quiz_modder

• SMF Modding
« Reply #1025 on: August 11, 2019, 09:25:37 AM »
Just to reiterate my view on this

1. I created this mod a long time ago
2. I didn't have the time to work on it anymore
3. Instead of just deleting the mod code, I was happy for anyone to take it forward with no caveats from me
4. I am not responsible if people want to use this mod and it exposes any security holes or other issues on their site
5. Happy to state this somewhere else if appropriate and make anything else clear if needed

Hope that may clear things up

Thanks