wysiwyg in RC1

Started by dfelix, February 18, 2009, 07:54:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dfelix

Just finished installing the brand new RC1 release from scratch!
It's my 4th attempt!

Everything looks ok.
But... no wysiwyg editor!

(I'm using the core theme!)

Clicking on buttons only generates the bb tags.
At Admin section, the wysiwyg disable option is correctly unchecked.

Any ideias?
Is wysiwyg disabled on RC1 release?

Kinng

Pressing the 'A' button (on the post screen) switches between the WYSIWYG and BBC modes
To make WYSIWYG default for your members, Go to:
Configuration > Themes and Layout > Member Options > Change current options for all members using this theme
Change the option 'Show WYSIWYG editor on post page by default?' by enabling it.
Do the same for 'Configure guest and new user options for this theme' at the Member Options page

eclipsenow

So if I'm using one of Crip's themes for RC1, and I wanted to turn WYSIWYG on... I just can't?  :(
* Please don't PM me for help, I DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ANYWAY!
* Please tick your thread as "resolved" when after you have implemented solutions to your problem

Eclipse Now predicts...
2015: Airlines bankrupt, freight routes collapse, agricultural crisis and the "Greater Depression" begins. Welcome to the end of the oil age!  (We had better leave oil before it leaves us!)

karlbenson

Javascript error?

Are you using a supported browser?  (eg it won't work in earlier versions of Opera eg 9.27)

eclipsenow

QuoteChange current options for all members using this theme

This is the problem, just as it is for activating all members "Notify" functions for every theme they reply to by default. Crip's theme does not come up under this field, and so there is nothing to adjust.
* Please tick your thread as "resolved" when after you have implemented solutions to your problem

Eclipse Now predicts...
2015: Airlines bankrupt, freight routes collapse, agricultural crisis and the "Greater Depression" begins. Welcome to the end of the oil age!  (We had better leave oil before it leaves us!)

karlbenson

Can you enable it yourself via your profile?
Profile > Look and Layout > use wysiwyg editor by default?

Can you turn it on when posting by clicking the reddish A button (its on the bottom row far right of bbcode buttons)

eclipsenow

Fixed it from your advice in my "3 things I've forgotten thread". Thanks, Crips theme worked when I enabled WYSIWYG in the DEFAULT themes.... Crips of course was based on either of the 2 defaults, so I just went in and clicked on it in both of them under "Current theme/ member default" etc.

Cheers! Solved!  :D :D :D

Eclipse Now predicts...

greyknight17

dfelix, is your issue resolved as well or do you still need assistance on this?

Advertisement: