News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Errors Galore!

Started by ~Killer~, February 21, 2009, 05:32:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

~Killer~

Well yesterday I upgraded to SMF 2.0 Release Candidate One (RC1), and it all went fine. However, now that I'm on RC1, reinstalling mods I had, but the RC1 versions, and some are working, but some major ones, such as SimplePortal and the Treasury are coming up with errors like the such. The following is SimplePortal, after I clicked "Install".

Table 'ikorpne1_forums.sp_articles' doesn't exist
File: /home/********/public_html/forums/Packages/temp/install2.php
Line: 50

Don't tell me that I have to manually add all of these tables, I have quite a few mods to do...

Any help?

Xylar2

I'm guessing when it upgraded it deleted that table, and then SP isn't re-creating that table automatically. I have never used SP, so I don't know this kinda thing.

~Killer~

:S

Well who here can help me?

~Killer~

~Killer~

Resourcez

The problem looks familiar - looks like your database prefix isn't being picked up.  Your pre-existing tables will still be there.

It's not the mods at fault - it is a bug in the package manager database creation area, a bug that was reported before RC1 was made public, but they went ahead with the release anyway.

I'm afraid you're stuck with manual installs for any mods which try to use the database functionality that is faulty - few mods will be affected, maybe even just those two, as most either don't use that functionality or they simply don't try to meet mod requirements.
If you have everything under control, you're not moving fast enough.
Bugs HereSupport HereDonationsProPackage Parser
TP 1.1 • SMF 1.1.21/2.0.9 • MySQL 5.6.23 PHP 5.4.42 Apache 2.4.12
(PMs not responded to - I provide a support site)

~Killer~

:S
So basically I'm screwed until the release of RC2 hopefully out next month... I suppose the same goes for all those others who upgraded... :'(

H

Uninstalling simpleportal (if you can) will make this error go away. You can also upload clean forum files except for settings.php and the attachments folder.

You may want to post on the simpleportal site, to see if there is a fix for your problem
-H
Former Support Team Lead
                              I recommend:
Namecheap (domains)
Fastmail (e-mail)
Linode (VPS)

~Killer~

H, I can't install it, how can I uninstall something that isn't installed? And as I said in my post, it isn't just SimplePortal, it's a whole array of mods...

greyknight17

~Killer~, is this issue resolved now?

If not, how did you install the mods in the first place? If you were able to install it via Package Manager, then you should be able to remove it the same way. Otherwise, it will require you to go into your PHP files and manually edit the codes back. RC1 has made changes since the Beta 4 stage, so expect problems if the mod doesn't specifically mention that it's compatible with SMF 2.0 RC1.

Worse case, you should just restore your forum. You should have made a backup before the RC1 upgrade....I hope ;)

Advertisement: