News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

[SMF Converter] PHP-Fusion 7

Started by ThorstenE, February 21, 2009, 02:08:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norv

This doesn't solve anything, however, I simply asked if you could post here its result, so I can see what is going on.

If you ran the conversion again, and then it worked, then something else must have happened, because this code didn't solve a thing.

Update: eventually, please consider selecting your smf_messages table (in SMF database), and find in phpmyadmin the command to "empty" the table. Please do so. Then, run the conversion again?
It's strange however, because the converter should have done it itself.
Are you using two different databases for phpfusion and smf ?
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

Oskarlover

i just di what u told me and this it what i got now.

I think im closed now

Norv

Please find in phpfusion7_to_smf.sql:
Code (find) Select

'' AS max_messages, '' AS stars

Code (replace) Select

'0' AS max_messages, '0' AS stars

Note that you might need to redo running "empty" of the table smf_messages, like before, perhaps of smf_topics as well, before redoing the conversion.
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

Oskarlover

Ok, thats not a problem!

I'll be back,  thank you again!

Oskarlover

Thanks you one more time, finally works!

I just can't log-in now, the password doesnt work anymore.

i got this:

Password security has recently been upgraded. Please enter your password again.

Should request a new pass? is this gonna happen to all my members?

Norv

Just enter your (same) password again, what does it do then?

Oskarlover

I request a newone and it works now.

Norv

You shoudn't need to request a new one, nor do the other members.
SMF is asking for one more confirmation, because the hash it saves the password with, really did change, from what was saved in the database (the old hash was using phpfusion's method of hashing). It will ask any member the same thing: to enter the password again, for confirmation. That's all, it should recognize the account correctly afterwards.

luuuciano

I have sucesfully converted phpfusion7 to smf 2rc2
(at least I can see the contents, and there was no error...)

just a problem with passwords... do I need to change something in the smf 2rc2 files?

I saw the fix file in the first post... but it is only for smf 1.11?

SOLVED: I have added the code explained here:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=294705.msg2325982#msg2325982

thanks a lot!

btw, in the fix file... can you change it to "php-fusion 6.x & 7.x Login Method in smf 1.1 & 2rc2?" or something similar
I did not use it because I thought it was only for phpfusion6 and smf 1.11
No me agradan los foros que no te dejan borrar TU PROPIO usuario, como por ejemplo smfsimple.com.
E incluso te mandan emails no solicitados, de los cuales, quizá, no puedas escapar porque NO te dejan posibilidad a deshabilitarlos (a menos que NO te tengan en su lista negra).

Norv

Thank you for the feedback.
I will check it out and eventually, add the note about SMF 2.0, yes. The reason why the fix files aren't named that way is that they were created for 1.1.x, and even, a significant number of them are not needed for SMF 2.0, because SMF 2.0 already includes the necessary checks for a wide range of passwords from other software. I don't know off-hand if it should contain one for phpfusion 6.x - 7.x, though.

luuuciano

three questions...

Recently I have noted that the uploaded attachments to php-fusion (7) were not converted to smf... well, in fact, in the smf I can see just 1 attachment of many of them
Is that ok? or attachmentes are supposed to be fully conerted?

the same happened with custom avatars...
I will need to just move them to the avatars directory?

I made a first convert, to test it, install mods, customize a theme, etc... in a few days my plan is to do the final convert (up to date)... if I do the convert, I will loose all the smf mods? settings?

best regards, and sorry for the bad english :)
luciano
No me agradan los foros que no te dejan borrar TU PROPIO usuario, como por ejemplo smfsimple.com.
E incluso te mandan emails no solicitados, de los cuales, quizá, no puedas escapar porque NO te dejan posibilidad a deshabilitarlos (a menos que NO te tengan en su lista negra).

Norv

About converting again: If you reconvert on a customized SMF, you shouldn't lose themes, that is not a problem. But as mods are concerned, it depends, those modifying the database might be affected. I strongly advice to uninstall mods, convert, then install mods.

About attachments and avatars: did you have errors during conversion? What messages do you get, during conversion?
Both attachments and avatars should be converted.
What do you mean when you say that in SMF you can see 1 attachment of many, you mean some attachments were converted and others weren't?

luuuciano

Sorry, then I realize that I was using the main admin user, that have uploaded just 1 attachment (lol)... users can see their own attachments, right?

(I have not tested if attachments url are ok, or give 404, yet)

the avatar thing... for example, one user has http://mydomain.com/foros/avatars/AVATAR[174].jpg but that url gives 404
http://mydomain.com/images/avatars/AVATAR[174].jpg is the php-fusion location...
paths are converted, but files are not copied, right?

Norv

Quote from: luuuciano on January 31, 2010, 10:18:52 AM
Sorry, then I realize that I was using the main admin user, that have uploaded just 1 attachment (lol)... users can see their own attachments, right?

(I have not tested if attachments url are ok, or give 404, yet)
Thing is, an admin should be able to see all attachments on the forum. Where exactly do you look and see 1 attachment? Normally, I'd expect to browse the forum, look in the topics view, look at the messages where there were attachments uploaded. Were you looking at messages? A screenshot, perhaps?

Quote from: luuuciano on January 31, 2010, 10:18:52 AM
the avatar thing... for example, one user has http://mydomain.com/foros/avatars/AVATAR[174].jpg but that url gives 404
http://mydomain.com/images/avatars/AVATAR[174].jpg is the php-fusion location...
paths are converted, but files are not copied, right?
I'm not sure, it would be good to know if there were errors during the conversion. Thing is, the default avatar directory in SMF is the attachments directory. :) That is, forum_url/attachments, not forum_url/avatars. Did you change the avatar directory in SMF's options? (Admin > Attachments and avatars > Avatars settings)
Is there a file AVATAR[174].jpg in the "attachments" directory in the SMF folder?

luuuciano

Quote from: Norv on January 31, 2010, 10:59:03 AM
Thing is, an admin should be able to see all attachments on the forum. Where exactly do you look and see 1 attachment? Normally, I'd expect to browse the forum, look in the topics view, look at the messages where there were attachments uploaded. Were you looking at messages? A screenshot, perhaps?

for example the first two post (at bottom in the current configuration) had attachments in phpfusion...
http://cbabikes.com.ar/foros/index.php/topic,635.msg8196.html#msg8196
but smf forum shows nothing...

the main admin can only see 1 file attached

the only file that was properly imported (at least showed in the admin and frontend) is the one in this post: http://cbabikes.com.ar/foros/index.php/topic,16.msg66.html#msg66

phpfusion showed it with acode like this:

luuuciano adjunta el siguiente archivo:<br>
<a href="viewthread.php?thread_id=16&amp;getfile=66">recorrido-a-san-fernando-por-villa-allende-y-alrededores.kmz</a>

in the smf atachments directory I see 126 files with names like 1_3b9c64af895ec6e5f327e2e1a3c8d1edd1b85a09
all the files I tried to see were broken (jpgs, gifs, zip, kmz...)

in the phpfusion attachment directory I see almost the same number of files (just 4 more) with the "proper names", like casacada-los-chorrillos.kmz, recorrido-a-san-fernando-por-villa-allende-y-alrededores.kmz, etc

Quote from: Norv on January 31, 2010, 10:59:03 AM
I'm not sure, it would be good to know if there were errors during the conversion. Thing is, the default avatar directory in SMF is the attachments directory. :) That is, forum_url/attachments, not forum_url/avatars. Did you change the avatar directory in SMF's options? (Admin > Attachments and avatars > Avatars settings)
Is there a file AVATAR[174].jpg in the "attachments" directory in the SMF folder?

noup, the converter did not show any error... (I will check it in a couple of hours, in the final covertion...)

it is strange, I just used the defaults directories, the one that smf filled... and they are /attachments and /avatars...

the avatars have just the Actors and Musicians examples
and the attachments directory have the almost all broken and renamed attachments files

I just copied the phpfusion avatars files (uploaded by users) to the smf avatars directory and now it is showing them...

Norv

Quote from: luuuciano on January 31, 2010, 12:08:11 PM
for example the first two post (at bottom in the current configuration) had attachments in phpfusion...
http://cbabikes.com.ar/foros/index.php/topic,635.msg8196.html#msg8196
but smf forum shows nothing...
If you're looking as Guest (not logged in), please note that it could be the fault of an option in SMF, in Admin > Permissions, for Guests, to view attachments. I don't remember if by default is allowed or not, perhaps it would be worth if you verify Guests permissions. (if you were looking now as Guest, administrators should see everything all the time).

Quote from: luuuciano on January 31, 2010, 12:08:11 PM
in the smf atachments directory I see 126 files with names like 1_3b9c64af895ec6e5f327e2e1a3c8d1edd1b85a09
all the files I tried to see were broken (jpgs, gifs, zip, kmz...)
This is expected, all attachments should have been renamed to such names, for security reasons. And that doesn't mean they're broken, they should not be broken... only not have the extension in the name. Why do you say they're broken, how exactly do you download them (and with what, with FileZilla by any chance?) and on what operating system do you try to view them, on windows by any chance?

About the avatars: so you had avatars directory set instead of attachments... strange, I think it isn't the default, I wonder what changed it. (I don't think the converter was doing it). Anyway, I understand that now, avatars work, that's great. :)

luuuciano

Quote from: Norv on January 31, 2010, 12:46:42 PM
If you're looking as Guest (not logged in), please note that it could be the fault of an option in SMF, in Admin > Permissions, for Guests, to view attachments. I don't remember if by default is allowed or not, perhaps it would be worth if you verify Guests permissions. (if you were looking now as Guest, administrators should see everything all the time).

noup, I was looking it as administrator...
but it is strange, because the files are there, but they are not showed in the administration/frontend?

Quote from: Norv on January 31, 2010, 12:46:42 PM
This is expected, all attachments should have been renamed to such names, for security reasons. And that doesn't mean they're broken, they should not be broken... only not have the extension in the name. Why do you say they're broken, how exactly do you download them (and with what, with FileZilla by any chance?) and on what operating system do you try to view them, on windows by any chance?

yep, I used filezilla to download them (linux)... now I forced it do binary, and the files are ok :)
but, what could happen with the "lost" attachments? I will try converting it again

luuuciano

I have converted it again and there is no error... this is the output:

QuoteConverting...
Converting posts (this may take some time)...
Successful.
Converting personal messages (step 1)... Successful.
Converting personal messages (step 2)... Successful.
Converting topic notifications... Successful.
Converting attachments... Successful.
Converting moderators... Successful.
Converting membergroups... Successful.
Recalculating forum statistics... Successful.
Conversion Complete
Congratulations, the conversion has completed successfully. If you have or had any problems with this converter, or need help using SMF, please feel free to look to us for support.
Please check this box to delete the converter right now for security reasons. (doesn't work on all servers.)

Now that everything is converted over, your SMF installation should have all the posts, boards, and members from the PHPFusion 7.0.x installation.

We hope you had a smooth transition!

Previously I have erased the converted attchment files... then I saw the new converted files there, but in the admin backend it is showed just 1 attached file... the same than the previous convert...

any idea? can I help with something?

Norv

Perhaps running Admin > Attachments and avatars > Maintenance will help.

luuuciano

Quote from: Norv on January 31, 2010, 01:49:02 PM
Perhaps running Admin > Attachments and avatars > Maintenance will help.

mmmm, nothing changes...

it shows:
QuoteTotal Attachments:
Total Avatars:
Total Size of Attachment Directory:
    7540.28 kB [Maintain]
Total Space Available in Attachment Directory:
    2699.72 kB

Cliking in Maintain it shows:
QuoteNo errors were found!

:(

Advertisement: