News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Urgent Help!!

Started by djhowarth, February 21, 2009, 10:42:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djhowarth

I have my site register to intregreat with smf using the hooks but when i try to login it says security updated or password incorrect ?? i think this is cos my system just uses md5 hashing.

my register function is

$smf_root_path = getcwd().'/forum/';

function createUser($wantusername, $email, $wantpassword){

global $db_name, $db_prefix, $sourcedir, $boarddir;

require_once ("forum/SSI.php");

// Set the options needed for registration.
    $regOptions = array(
        'interface' => 'guest',
        'username' => $wantusername,  //the variable from the form for the inputted username
        'email' => $email,  //likewise, the email address that was inputted in the form
        'password' => $wantpassword,  //the password that the user inputted
        'password_check' => $wantpassword,  //the second confirmation password inputted
        'check_reserved_name' => false,  //this will make sure that SMF first checks for a reserved name before writing the user to the database
        'check_password_strength' => false,
        'check_email_ban' => true,  //checks for ban on the email address that was inputted
        'send_welcome_email' => false,  //true if you want SMF to send an email, false if you want your other software to handle it.  I'd recommend false.
        'require' => 'nothing',
        'extra_register_vars' => array(),
        'theme_vars' => array(),
    );

// Registration options are always default options...
    if (isset($_POST['default_options']))
        $_POST['options'] = isset($_POST['options']) ? $_POST['options'] + $_POST['default_options'] : $_POST['default_options'];
    $regOptions['theme_vars'] = isset($_POST['options']) && is_array($_POST['options']) ? $_POST['options'] : array();

require_once($sourcedir . '/Subs-Members.php');  //require the file, so that we can call the function
    $memberID = registerMember($regOptions);  //call the function.  $memberID should return a value.

mysql_select_db($config["db_database"]); //back to the parent software's database...
}

how would i go about doing the login fingy so it lets the users login. i know i after call

login_function(){

}

but what do i put with it??

H

Do you still require assistance with this?
-H
Former Support Team Lead
                              I recommend:
Namecheap (domains)
Fastmail (e-mail)
Linode (VPS)

Advertisement: