News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Converting is such a headache! Please help!

Started by Neverhurry, February 23, 2009, 06:55:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neverhurry

For almost 48 hours i have been converting.... it drives me crazy.... how can I convert my molyx powered forum to SMF which i love so much? My plan is Molyx - Discuz! - phpBB - SMF. I first tried the molyx 2.6.1 to discuz! 6.0 convert, failed! Then found molyx 2.6.1 to discuz! 5.5, it worked, then update discuz! 5.5 to 6.0, succeed! Then the convert from discuz! 6.0 to phpBB3.0 has problem with attachments. Really headache.
I checked the mysql batabases of phpBB, found out that in the table "phpbb_posts" , the "post_attachment" fields are all "0" which means "No attachment" (?), and the table "attachment" is empty. So it means the converter actually didn't convert the "attachment" table from Discuz! at all.
I heard that there is converter for Discuz! to vBB but I don't have that money to buy vBB just for the convert, anybody can help?
Or is it possible to manually convert the attachment table from Discuz! mysql database to phpBB's attachment table? How difficult will it be?
I appreciate you help very much!
Thank you!
I am using SMF 2.0.1, curve themes.

Neverhurry

This is the "attachment" table of Discuz! 6.0

Quoteaid     
tid     
pid     
dateline 
readperm     
price     
filename     
description     
filetype     
filesize     
attachment     
downloads     
isimage     
uid     
thumb     
remote 

This is the "attachment" table of phpBB3.0:

Quoteattach_id     
post_msg_id     
topic_id                  
in_message     
poster_id     
is_orphan     
physical_filename 
real_filename     
download_count     
attach_comment     
extension     
mimetype     
filesize                 
filetime               
thumbnail

phpBB's "physical_filename"  and "real_filename" are Discuz!'s "filename" and "attachment".

Is it there any chance to convert this attachment table manually? Anybody can tell me how to do it? Thank you very much!

Neverhurry

hello there,

is it possible to just export using phpAdmin the attachment table of Discuz!, and then import it to the phpBB mysql databae, and then manulaly change the field names of the imported attachment table according to the phpBB's attachment table fields names...
please help! Thanks!

ThorstenE

is it possible to convert from from discuz! 6.0 to phpBB2? maybe the old phpBB2 can handle the  discuz! attachments better?

Neverhurry

Thank you TE,

unfortunatley i can't find a discuz 6 to phpBB2 converter. I tried very much, but it seems to me there is no such converter.

Do you know anything about manually import a table to a mysql database?

Neverhurry

And there is another small problem, hope somebody can help me to fix it, thank you!

the post content becomes with html codes, for example:

Quote<font size="3"> </font><font size="3">- click the black white flash icon (as pointed by the red arrow, pic 2);<br /><br /></font>[attach]935[/attach]<br /><br /><font size="3">- in the edit post area you will see </font><!--code--><div class='codetop'>Code:</div><div class='codemain'><!--code1-->FLA][/FLA]<!--code2--></div><!--code3--> <font size="3">as shown in pic 3;<br /><br /></font>[attach]936[/attach]<br /><br /><font size="3">- move the cursor to the place in pic 4 where the red arrow points;<br /><br /></font>[attach]937[/attach]<br /><br /><font size="3">- </font><font size="3">Ctrl+v (paste) as pic 5 shows</font>; <br /><br /><br /><br />[attach]938[/attach]<br />

SleePy

SMF does not allow HTML in posts for non admins. You will need to modify such posts to add the html bbc tag around it ().

As for your to phpbb3 conversion issues, we can't help you with that. You will need to ask at phpbb's community support forums for assistance with that.
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

Advertisement: