News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Started by PaulP, February 25, 2009, 10:05:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulP

We are having problems with custom avatars on our forum. A number of members uploaded files, they are located in the attachments folder.

Whenever they try to use them, they will not load. The default avatars work fine. The error log is showing Display.php is having what appears to be permissions problems but the folders are set to R/W (777). I've attached a snip of the screenshot showing the error log.

It appears the problems in Display.php are at line 1248 and 1367 - but I don't know if this is a server problem or if it is a coding problem. When we were running vers. 1.1.8, everything was fine.  If I put a folder in the Avatars folder and move these custom avatars to that folder, they can select and use them just fine.

I posted this earlier and we got sidetracked on another issue so I am coming back, looking to solve this issue.

Is it me or is it RC1?

Paul

fords8

I just tested this and mine works fine.

Did you go to: Admin>members>permissions>General Permissions>pick the group and hit Modify>find Upload an avatar to the server and make sure it was checked?

Also check your settings under: Admin>forum>Attachments and Avatars>avatars settings. From here you can Select permissions for each group also.

PaulP

Yes, those permissions are set (checked)

Attached snip of the Avatars settings. Didn't expand the external permissions due to screen space but they are checked the same as the upload ones

Paul

fords8

Try to set the attachment folder to 755.

PaulP

The avatar folder? or the attachment folder where the custom avatars are stored?

Paul

fords8

OPPS! attachment! Sorry I will edit that!

PaulP

Changed to 755 but that didn't make any difference

If it matters, this is on a Windows Server. Technically, permissions are universal R/W but I am using WS_FTP and changing to 7555 (it says applies to UNIX only in the dialog box)  Checking the CPanel permissions, it is showing R/W

Paul

fords8

Quote7555

Try 0755? Not sure if Windows is the same. I will keep a eye on this topic. Maybe I could learn something about Window rig setups.

PaulP

oops, Happy Fingers on my side  I did use 755 but no change

Have to change locations, be back in 30

fords8

I use and like IglooFTP PRO. I used WS_FTP once or twice. But it kept timing out on me for some reason.

I think I covered all the basics here. Unless you have a mod installed that is causing the issue. I think waiting for one of the pros to come in and help is a good idea at this point.

Sorry! I tried!

PaulP

I have installed a bridge from Coppermine to SMF and I have "tweaked" the menubar to include a link to the Coppermine gallery by adding a couple lines of code to Subs.php

this is the gallery code that was added to generate an extra button:
         'gallery' => array(
             'title' => 'gallery',
             'href' => 'http://hm-cobra.org/cpg1420',
             'show' => true,
             'sub_buttons' => array(
             ),
            ),
No other modifications

Can any experts chime in on this, Thanks for trying Fords8

John Eric

observe if you will, the output from PHPINFO()

you will learn, your host denies "file_get_contents()

furlOpen disabled.

user must upload forum avatar to site

otherwise turn off resize forum avatar  and resize avatar to png
to see if good result from that good luck for you

PaulP

Put up a PHPInfo page but didn't find what you suggested. I did find: allow_url_fopen = On

I also tried disabling the two resize boxes. Still no difference.

when I tried to upload a different avatar, I get an error message
Your attachment couldn't be saved. This might happen because it took too long to upload or the file is bigger than the server will allow.

Please consult your server administrator for more information.

And it is the same size avatar as what is in the attachment folder. It also works if I put it into a new folder in Avatars

? ? ?

Paul

PaulP

I have just consulted with my server admins and they confirmed that all permissions are set to R/W

The problem seems to be isolated to only uploaded avatars, whether from file of URL

Paul

greyknight17

Paul, is this issue resolved now? If not, you may send me a PM with a temporary admin account for access.

PaulP

Kevin,
I ended up reinstalling RC1 and not using the Coppermine bridge. I've learned that if I bridge with this gallery, it will break my system.  Coppermine guys are saying it is a local problem.  I am investigating a different gallery or watching to see if someone else runs into this

Would you still like to look around the site? Let me know and I'll PM access. Thanks for your offer of help

Paul Proefrock

greyknight17

Thanks for the update Paul. That's ok, I won't need access to the site since this issue is "resolved" to some extent :)

PaulP

Kevin,
Any suggestions on a Gallery? Tried Coppermine but ran into issues with it. I don't think the SMF galleries are recoded for SMF 2.0

??
Paul

Advertisement: