Installation Problem

Started by JyeP, February 28, 2009, 02:53:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JyeP

I have installed all of the smf files required.
After doing so i navigated to the installation step.
I entered in all of the ftp info so that the files could be CHMODDED.

Now i am at the second step which is "Basic Settings"
I have completed all of the information correctly, all of the MYSQL information.
Each time i click on proceed it just refreshes that basic info page and i have to enter the information again.
It does not give me an error or any type of message at all, so i have no way of knowing what is wrong.

Anyone know what the problem could be?

Thanks

Edit: Thought i should let you know it is Smf 1.1.8 that i am trying to install.

JyeP

Please disregard this topic.
I tried it using Internet Explorer and it worked, for some reason Firefox would not accept the page.

Tyrsson

I would check your browser... I myself use Firefox and have had no problems installing 1.1.8 using it. Check and make sure all the cookie settings and jscript settings are correct. Beyond that its hard to say. Will mark this one as solved but if you have any further problems please feel free to post them.
PM at your own risk, some I answer, if they are interesting, some I ignore.

JyeP

Thank you Tyrsson.
As far as i can see Firefox is all set accordingly to properly handle each of those installations steps. It may have been a one off situation as all aspects of the forum run fine with Firefox now that it is up and running :)

Tyrsson

Awesome,

Sometimes........ Who knows lol. As they say.... If it ain't broke don't fix it ;)
PM at your own risk, some I answer, if they are interesting, some I ignore.

Advertisement: