News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Go Up and Go Down links...

Started by okchunter, February 26, 2009, 10:58:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

okchunter

I have noticed that the Go Down link works but the Go Up link does not work. Does anyone know how to fix it so the Go Up link works as it should? It works as it should in the threads but no in the post listings.

Rumbaar

Can you post to a sample of where the up link is not working on your forum?
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

okchunter

OK for example I am at the main forum page that lists all the different forum catagories, I click on Announcements section and it lists all available threads there, I click the down link it goes to the bottom but when I click te up link it does nothing. Now if I click on an actual thread inside the thread the up and down links both work.

Rumbaar

I mean a link to the sample, not a description.

Is the <a href="#top"> HTML code being generated by the MessageIndex.template.php file?
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

okchunter

Quote from: Rumbaar on March 02, 2009, 07:14:42 PM
I mean a link to the sample, not a description.

Is the <a href="#top"> HTML code being generated by the MessageIndex.template.php file?

Sorry about that I misunderstood..
Code sample for link when clicking Go Up at thread listing:
http://www.adv4x4online.com/forum/index.php?board=2.0#top

Clicking Go Up inside an actual thread.
http://www.adv4x4online.com/forum/index.php?topic=14.0#top

Rumbaar

The custom theme you're using isn't rendering the <a name="top">.  It missing from the MessageIndex.template.php.  Make sure it's RC1 compatible and/or contact the author.

[ Themes ]

okchunter

Quote from: Rumbaar on March 03, 2009, 12:50:07 AM
The custom theme you're using isn't rendering the <a name="top">.  It missing from the MessageIndex.template.php.  Make sure it's RC1 compatible and/or contact the author.

I would agree but all I did was take the stock rc1 theme, copy it to a new directory and then altered colors. I have the same issue using the stock theme from RC1.

okchunter

I looked in the MessageIndex.template.php and that does exist. Like I said it works fine inside posts but not the thread listings.

Rumbaar

Oh you are right it appears to be missing, I've created a bug report on the mater:
Bug #3318: 'Go up' "top" placeholder missing from MessageIndex.template.php

[ Themes ]

okchunter

ok thanks for posting a bug report. I get the same result in even on the default theme.

Rumbaar

Yes they moved the link tree call out of the MessageIndex.template, and in doing so removed the go up placeholder.

[ Themes ]

okchunter

Good deal. I see they fixed it and I assume fix will be in the next release. Thanks again.

Advertisement: