News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Numers of users?

Started by edi67, February 26, 2009, 02:12:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

edi67

I need to know one thing, where SMF store the number of users?

i have imported old DB with in table members 2830 users, i have so 2830 field , but the problem is the forum let me see only 2330 users, why miss other 500?

i found the number of users in settings table, changed it in 2830 but when i make maintenance the numbers of users return back to 2330

there is another table where number of users are stored? or there is some solution for have the nubmers of users correct?
thx
CrazyZone - My SMF Forum

From the difficult the hardening of the man you can see

H

If you count the rows in smf_members, are there actually 2830 users? Having 2830 IDs is not the same as there may be users who have deleted their accounts
-H
Former Support Team Lead
                              I recommend:
Namecheap (domains)
Fastmail (e-mail)
Linode (VPS)

edi67

Quote from: H on February 26, 2009, 02:40:21 PM
If you count the rows in smf_members, are there actually 2830 users? Having 2830 IDs is not the same as there may be users who have deleted their accounts

yes rows are 2830, ID is more (2890)

i want that rows numbers will be the numbers of users in my forum
CrazyZone - My SMF Forum

H

Try doing find and repair errors and then re-run the statistics count. Does that leave any errors in the error log?
-H
Former Support Team Lead
                              I recommend:
Namecheap (domains)
Fastmail (e-mail)
Linode (VPS)

babjusi

Quote from: edi67 on February 26, 2009, 02:12:58 PM
I need to know one thing, where SMF store the number of users?

i have imported old DB with in table members 2830 users, i have so 2830 field , but the problem is the forum let me see only 2330 users, why miss other 500?

i found the number of users in settings table, changed it in 2830 but when i make maintenance the numbers of users return back to 2330

there is another table where number of users are stored? or there is some solution for have the nubmers of users correct?
thx

When you restored the backup, did you get any error at all?

edi67

Quote from: H on February 26, 2009, 04:18:02 PM
Try doing find and repair errors and then re-run the statistics count. Does that leave any errors in the error log?

i trying reapir function a lot of time but nothing, i trying to change value in Settings table Totalusersnumber but after repair number come back as older value, no error log
there is another value in table that fix the number of users? or only that in settings table?
CrazyZone - My SMF Forum

greyknight17

edi67, is this issue resolved now?

Did you run the recount and also repair to see if either of them find anything? Try running them again. If there are no errors, that should have counted the correct number. Otherwise, it might just be that those are deleted members.

edi67

Quote from: greyknight17 on March 15, 2009, 05:26:15 PM
edi67, is this issue resolved now?

Did you run the recount and also repair to see if either of them find anything? Try running them again. If there are no errors, that should have counted the correct number. Otherwise, it might just be that those are deleted members.

everything i done ,,but nothing.
if you want close the topic but problem is unsolved :(
CrazyZone - My SMF Forum

greyknight17

We try not to close any topic if it's not resolved. If you want, you may send me a PM with the following information:

- access to your database (phpMyAdmin)
- temporary admin account for your forum

edi67

CrazyZone - My SMF Forum

greyknight17

Will ask the other staff members here to see if they have an idea what's wrong. Couldn't figure it out either when I logged into your site.

Jade Elizabeth

Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

Advertisement: