Cant edit posts, however i have ALL RIGHTS

Started by Acans, February 27, 2009, 08:19:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Acans

Ok, Now long story short. I willing gave up membergroup 1 rights because i made a group and gave it all 75 permissions (75 on my forum) and when i go into a topic, even tho my primary membergroup as the permission i couldn't edit a post. I went back into admin centre and permissions and checked, I have the permission but i just cant do it.

Any ideas?

Please no
QuoteJust change your membergroup group id back to 1
as that would mean i would have to move the person in that group to the one i made and he will have the problem.
"The Book of Arantor, 17:3-5
  And I said unto him, thy database query shalt always be sent by the messenger of $smcFunc
  And $smcFunc shall protect you against injections and evil
  And so it came to pass that mysql_query was declared deprecated and even though he says he is not
  dead yet, the time was soon to come to pass when mysql_query shall be gone and no more

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Quote from: α¢αηѕ on February 27, 2009, 08:19:59 AM
Ok, Now long story short. I willing gave up membergroup 1 rights because i made a group and gave it all 75 permissions (75 on my forum) and when i go into a topic, even tho my primary membergroup as the permission i couldn't edit a post. I went back into admin centre and permissions and checked, I have the permission but i just cant do it.

Any ideas?

Please no
QuoteJust change your membergroup group id back to 1
as that would mean i would have to move the person in that group to the one i made and he will have the problem.

A) There can be more than one admin in the group 1 I think
B) The problem is, that you probably have a secondary membergroup that you have set to DENY editing...
Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Acans

I do have another group, however it has all permissions checked as well
  And I said unto him, thy database query shalt always be sent by the messenger of $smcFunc
  And so it came to pass that mysql_query was declared deprecated and even though he says he is not
  dead yet, the time was soon to come to pass when mysql_query shall be gone and no more

karlbenson

Are you using permission profiles?

Are boards set to local permissions rather than board permissions?

Acans

Advertisement: