News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Need Help Here?

Started by Siirist, February 28, 2009, 09:41:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Siirist

Dear SMF Forum Users,

I am new :-\, but I come here to learn and to try to help ;) with "known solutions" (this means if I don't know I will say nothing) O:).

All those asking for help to please wait 24 hours before replying to their post and saying "hello?, need help here!".  This is called "Bumping" and once the 24 hours has past, just reply with the word "Bump".

It is frustrating to me that some members are not being considerate of the Staff, Volunteers, or other members by not stating the problem in the "SUBJECT" line.
Please DON'T say "Major Problem Here" or "I Need Help". >:(

Use a GOOD DESCRIPTION of the problem, such as, "I Can't Restore" or "Installed a Mod & Can't Log In Now" or "Why Don't I Get Emails?" :)

Also, please include as much information as you can.  What version of SMF?  Are any mods installed?  When did the problem start?

It is also very frustrating to me that some members are not being considerate of the Staff, Volunteers, or other members by not marking their problems as "SOLVED".
Please mark your problem "solved" by going to your original post about the problem, clicking on "modify" and changing the icon to "SOLVED".

It is not difficult and helps EVERYONE. :D

SMF Staff and Volunteers, you are welcomed to sticky this, or modify it, change the subject, or just delete it. :-\  I am just trying to help. O:)  I just find it discouraging that people are not being kind to the ones that are solving their problems. :'(

Thanks go to all those who help us with our problems ;D!!!

Be Well,
Cloud Walker
Needed information:
- What's your SMF version?, What MODs are installed? What Theme(s) are you using? Have you backed up your database?

--> At least 50% of the questions asked are answered in the Online Manual <--
Mods for ver 1.x will NOT run on ver 2.x

Advertisement: