SMF Arcade

Started by niko, October 01, 2004, 02:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_Anthony_

There is a lot more advanced version of this mod located at http://www.ericsworld.eu/f2/index.php

Sandmansa

Quote from: Niko on May 21, 2008, 03:24:26 AM
Quote from: Angie of AKC on May 21, 2008, 02:52:59 AM
wow I notice you guys have ignored Sandman asking about an error 3 times in the last 2 pages. Geeze ... he is asking to help me with my forums. Where else can we go for help if no one will answer here? :(

Well It's little hard to keep track of posts in this large topic.

It's probably some theme edit, since default theme has $first and $last variable (for RTL support) but for some reason they are not there. If you have done manually changes you need to do those also for Arcade button.

The only change I did to the Arcade button for the DilberMC theme was this...

// Show the [Arcade] button.
        echo ($current_action == 'arcade' || $context['browser']['is_ie4']) ? '<td class="maintab_active_' . $first . '">&nbsp;</td>' : '' , '
    <td align="center" class="menubg' , $current_action == 'arcade' ? 'active_back' : 'back' , '">
    <a href="', $scripturl, '?action=arcade">' , $txt['arcade'] , '</a>
    </td>' , $current_action == 'arcade' ? '<td class="maintab_active_' . $last . '">&nbsp;</td>' : '';

The arcade button for the default theme has been left untouched.  What else can I do?  The errors only appear using the DilberMC theme.

fwitt

Quote from: Sandmansa on May 26, 2008, 10:43:22 PM
The only change I did to the Arcade button for the DilberMC theme was this...

// Show the [Arcade] button.
        echo ($current_action == 'arcade' || $context['browser']['is_ie4']) ? '<td class="maintab_active_' . $first . '">&nbsp;</td>' : '' , '
    <td align="center" class="menubg' , $current_action == 'arcade' ? 'active_back' : 'back' , '">
    <a href="', $scripturl, '?action=arcade">' , $txt['arcade'] , '</a>
    </td>' , $current_action == 'arcade' ? '<td class="maintab_active_' . $last . '">&nbsp;</td>' : '';

The arcade button for the default theme has been left untouched.  What else can I do?  The errors only appear using the DilberMC theme.

the most likely problem is that the DilberMC theme doesnt have the variables $first and $last, the way to check is to look at the code for one of the other buttons, if it doesnt have those variables then the code for the arcade button shouldnt either.

MissyNL

Quote from: MrMoney on May 26, 2008, 10:27:20 PM
There is a lot more advanced version of this mod located at http://www.ericsworld.eu/f2/index.php

has anyone got any experience with this mod?
Sorry for my poor English, but i think it's probably better then your Dutch :)

_Anthony_

What do you mean?
I do I have it on my site.

Sandmansa

Thank you very much fwitt.  I removed the $first and $last commands from the arcade button code ( because none of the other buttons use them in DilberMC theme ) and now, I no longer see the errors flooding my log file.  Thank you for your assistance.  8)

Odd though, because the flashchat button only has the $first command ( no $last command ) but it didn't cause any errors.  Only arcade did.  ::)

LadyC

Quote from: Angie of AKC on May 26, 2008, 09:47:31 PM
What would prevent additional member groups from having access to ANY games (shows as No Games Available but ONLY to them)?? Permissions in both admin section for whole forums and for the arcade do not prevent these groups (I checked those and nope they are fine) .. and seems to be ONLY additional groups and not default ones .. they USED to have access .. do not know what happened.

So I am hoping someone else has a clue on what could have happened??  1.1.5.   Am not using the default theme.

i'm having the exact same problem... only difference is i AM using the default theme.

would love some assistance with this!

Sandmansa

That question was answered here.
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=241409.msg1559446#msg1559446

Quote from: karlbenson on May 29, 2008, 01:29:20 AM
Double check the Arcade Admin settings.

Admin > Arcade > Categories

Each category has permissions for "Groups allowed to access"

LadyC

you're a lifesaver! i'd looked in there, but it hadn't occurred to me to use the little arrow to expand the permissions section.

Mo786

I just installed the arcade and this happens whenever I click on the arcade button. It doesn't matter if I do it on the default theme or a custom theme. Even when I go to Admin control panel and click on arcade settings it takes me to the forums page. Is there something wrong? I'm using SMF 1.1.5 with tinyportal 0.9.8. The only mod I'm using right now is the referral mod found here: http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1114

The theme I use is DarkBreak found here: http://www.dzinerstudio.com/index.php?action=tpmod;dl=item54

Please I really want this mod to work. If you need anymore information then please ask and I will answer you ASAP.

I posted this on the smfarcade forums and didn't get any responses yet and only 12 views. I posted here because there are more people to help me out.

EDIT: NVM FIXED

Sudhakar Arjunan

i am currently using " E-Arcade 2.5.0 based on: SMF Arcade 2.0.9 © Niko Pahajoki 2004-2007"
How do i uninstall and installed the smf arcade ,

The change should not affected the existing games played and score.

Any Suggest , appreciated.
Working on New Mods & Themes for SMF... Will update soon... My Blog page
My Smf forum : Discuss ITAcumens :: My SMF Forum

Angie on Dialysis

Quote from: nesianstyles on December 23, 2004, 04:13:17 PM
finally a update:
eastereggs is fixed so if it wasn't submitting scores, it is now (zip updated) :)

10 New games for christmas:
air_sk8ing - sports
starfall - other
militaryhg - other
militarysnow - other
amira - puzzel
newtons_revenge - puzzel
discoracer - racing
flasteroids - clones
frogger2 - classic
donkeykong - classic

download/view
Is there a new link now to get donkeykong classic?

Quote from: LadyC on May 31, 2008, 12:16:41 AM
you're a lifesaver! i'd looked in there, but it hadn't occurred to me to use the little arrow to expand the permissions section.
Wow yeah you are right! I just noticed that! No one could help me in this thread but I am glad Sandman was able to point you to the right thread! :) That is cool! All I got was "There is a lot more advanced version of this mod ..." bah lol.

I didn't know that little symbol was for permission neither. Thanks Sandman for helping both of us!!  You are AWESOME!

Techdomain

Quote from: Sadil on May 06, 2008, 07:13:30 AM
I noticed that not all image files in a fresh new download of the latest release (2.0.13) are there. I'm missing several buttons when NOT using the core theme. They are:

/images/english/arcade_random.gif
/images/english/arcade_favorites.gif
/images/english/arcade_play.gif
/images/english/arcade_viewscore.gif
/images/english/arcade_random.gif

I'm not using the core theme so my theme is slightly broken on the arcade. It's looking for those specific image files, but they're not there. Any help with that?

because everyone is jumping around looking for these, they are available (in default theme style). If you want ones for a different theme... make them :P

arcade_icons.zip contains all 5.
http://www.techdomain.com.au/index.php?action=tpmod;dl=item3

Sandmansa

I have a set of custom made arcade buttons for helios-multi11final theme that were made by Angie of AKC.  Including the Arcade button for the forum nav bar.  I have permission from her to post them but im not sure where should I submit them?

So unless anyone has any objection, I will just attach them here.

Files included with this package are...

• arcade.gif
  • arcade_favorites.gif
  • arcade_play.gif
  • arcade_viewscore.gif
  • arcade_random.gif

Techdomain

right... so now we have a light set, and a dark set. everyone can be happy :P

DrizzetPheonix

I'm getting a lot of session errors with the arcade and also a lot of scores don't get recorded? So my first question is does anyone know the root of this problem?
<a href="http://www.dravensportal.com><font="red">DravensPortal
</font></a>

Tuplad

This is weird. I've installed 2.0.13 and 3 gamepacks: 1, 10 and 11. But if I play those games, I cant submit the highscores... what's up ?

Fox420

This board has my answer.

But my Arcade is running fine and I don't want to blow this by changing something that sounds similar. So if I can give you my situation, and someone wants to point me to the post that tells me what to do. Or copy & paste the answer! THANK YOU.

On the front page of the Administration panel I can check the Forum Versions. "Language files" shows up in red. When I upgraded to smf 1.1.5, everything seemed like it went well. But I now see that I have these errors in the log.

So I downloaded the latest language files and extracted them manually. I did "english". And it worked! They both now show version 1.1.5. However I then did "english-utf8" and it did not work. It still shows it at version 1.1 for the "Modsettings.english-utf8.php". And version 1.1.2 for the "index.english-utf8.php"

It also shows this:

Arcade.english-utf8.php (Your Version:?? Current Version:??)  (And this is Permissions 666 in File Manager)
ArcadeAdmin.english-utf8.php (Your Version:?? Current Version:??)  (This is also Permission 666 in File Manager)

and

Arcade.english.php  (Your Version:2.0.12  Current Version:??)  (Permissions on everything else is 755)
ArcadeAdmin.english.php   (Your Version 2.0.8   Current Version:??) (File Manager Permission: 755)

Related to that is this:

I have one member who says that he does not see the word "Arcade" on that top bar of the forum. This also happened to me when I first set up the site. But I found out that I had to change the Forum Language to "English" from "English-UTF8" under the Admin ->
Server Settings ->  Default Language.

And everytime i logged in I had to make the change from English-uft8 to English in order to see the "Arcade". (I finally just created a new account. That fixed it. Will he have to do the same?).

So that's the story. I'll end with a couple examples of the error messages that I see in the error log. All of them are attributed to that one poster who doesn't see the "Arcade" option:

8: Undefined index: arcade
File: /home/foxva4/public_html/forum/Themes/default/BoardIndex.template.php (eval?)
Line: 535

File: /home/foxva4/public_html/forum/Themes/default/MessageIndex.template.php (eval?)

File: /home/foxva4/public_html/forum/Themes/default/languages/index.english-utf8.php (eval?)

How do I fix these errors and get the Arcade versions to match each other? Thanks for your help!

Hoochie Coochie Man

Is there "backgammon" in SMF Arcade?

Thanks..
İnadına SMF 1.1.X

Techdomain

Fox420 - The latest version of the arcade is .13, not .12 as it mentions in your post. .13 did actually include a lot of bug-fixes.

It can be downloaded here: http://www.smfarcade.info/index.php?action=tpmod;dl=0

Advertisement: