News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

SMF Arcade

Started by niko, October 01, 2004, 02:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chab

Quote from: profile on April 09, 2005, 07:52:41 PM
Quote from: kindred on April 09, 2005, 06:58:22 PM
this has been covered...

The arcade mod will not work properly with the mambo bridge (any version)...

It should load games just fine, but will not save high scores and will exit back to the top level frontpage of the site...

nothing can be done about it without actually changing the flash files themselves.

In mambo, I suggest you run the mamboflashgames component and use pnGames flash games...

Would it be possible for the mod description to state that it's not supported using any bridge?  I must've missed it since there's over 40 pages of postings now.  Thanks.

I agree with this, please to the author take a advertissement ;)
I have download the mod, take all modification an is not working
and then y see this post   ::) too late  :(
Le sujet à lire pour customiser votre smf (uniquement en anglais)

WhyMan

HI there,

Anyone seen this error b4? 8: Undefined index: version
File: /home/compfree/public_html/forum/Themes/default/languages/Arcade.english.php (eval?)
Line: 421
Looked at the Arcade.english.php and this is what i get at line 421? $txt['arcade_185'] = "Click here to join";Now for some reason only admins can see & play the games.. Global mods & users get An Error Has Occurred!
You arent allowed to view arcade, sorry!
heh i'm pretty sure i've got the permissions right, any input or resolve would be greatly appreciated ;)

Cheers..  8)
MaxKombat the Gaming Cafe.
Buck-Host hosting that start's at a $1
C-F-H Complete Free Host.

Kindred

well, for the playing games part...   in the aracde admin, one option is to have the games active or not...  if not, only admins can get in
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Bradkaz96

Everything went as planned with this mod until I had to install games,  I got this error message.

Unknown column 'dsc' in 'field list'
File: /home/xxxxxx/xxxxx/forum/Sources/Arcade.php
Line: 936

Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum files are currently at version SMF 1.0.3, whereas your database is at version SMF 1.0.2. It is recommended that you execute the latest version of upgrade.php.

I didn't upgrade to a higher version, I started with SMF 1.0.3 someone please help me!! :-X

EDIT: I aslo noticed this? I am using Blocs Black22 there and I get this in the admin panel (The first number represents my version on my current template, and the second represents the most current version in SMF). 

Current Templates 1.0  1.0.3
BoardIndex.template.php 1.0.1 1.0.1
Calendar.template.php 1.0 1.0
Display.template.php 1.0 1.0.3
InstantMessage.template.php 1.0 1.0
MessageIndex.template.php 1.0 1.0
Recent.template.php 1.0.1 1.0.1
Settings.template.php 1.0 1.0
index.template.php 1.0 1.0

Any guidance is appreciated.  8)

niko

you havent ran arcade_sql.php some version need it to run two times (not most recent ones)
Websites: Madjoki || (2 links retracted by team, links out of date and taken over.)
Mods: SMF Arcade, Related topics, SMF Project Tools, Post History

WIP Mods: Bittorrent Tracker || SMF Wiki

Bradkaz96

Thanks Niko, Installed sucessfully

revgreed

Hello,

I just recently got the installation to work.  I switched over to the default theme so it would be easier.  I just have a question though.  In my forum error log I'm noticing the following errors in relation to the Arcade.  These errors are occuring constantly.

8: Undefined index: admin_arcade
File: /home/forum/Sources/Subs.php
Line: 1373

8: Undefined index: admin_arcade
File: /home/forum/Sources/Subs.php
Line: 1365

Any help would be appreciated on what this is and how to fix it.  Thank you so much.

hobo jim

You should have games installed for the arcade as a mod.

WhyMan

Hi there,
Thanks kindred
Quote from: kindred on April 24, 2005, 06:46:22 PM
well, for the playing games part...   in the aracde admin, one option is to have the games active or not...  if not, only admins can get in
but i'd enabled the arcade well ahead of discovering the error ;)
Still having issues.. the boards/arcade is here, any input or resolution would be great.. thanks

kburrows

After installing the Arcade mod it tells me I am running a 1.02 Database... how can I upgrade it?

dragon52225

HELP!  when I go to games i get this error
2: Division by zero
File: C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\SMF\Sources\Subs.php
Line: 582

carmelkevlar32

Quote from: kburrows on April 27, 2005, 05:04:47 PM
After installing the Arcade mod it tells me I am running a 1.02 Database... how can I upgrade it?

Me too!

[Unknown]

The error you're getting is a database error.  It may be caused by something wrong with the arcade mod, or improper installation.

However, because you used, presumably, the package manager to upgrade... you didn't run upgrade.php.  This isn't a problem and is not the cause of your problem, but running upgrade.php will remove that warning (basically describing that the problem *could* be that.)

Your problems with the arcade mod will not go away at this point.  You will still have to resolve them either with the information in this topic or by upgrading at some point to a version without the bug.

-[Unknown]

WhyMan

Hey there [Unknown],
Quote from: [Unknown] on April 30, 2005, 12:38:55 AMYour problems with the arcade mod will not go away at this point.  You will still have to resolve them either with the information in this topic or by upgrading at some point to a version without the bug.
-[Unknown]
Appreciate the input, thanks

dragon52225

Quote from: [Unknown] on April 30, 2005, 12:38:55 AM
The error you're getting is a database error.  It may be caused by something wrong with the arcade mod, or improper installation.

However, because you used, presumably, the package manager to upgrade... you didn't run upgrade.php.  This isn't a problem and is not the cause of your problem, but running upgrade.php will remove that warning (basically describing that the problem *could* be that.)

Your problems with the arcade mod will not go away at this point.  You will still have to resolve them either with the information in this topic or by upgrading at some point to a version without the bug.

-[Unknown]

Unknown, I think your post it to the ppl with 1.02 DB error, so what is wrong with my thing

niko

Its "problem" with ConstructPageIndex installing game from admin will remove this its probably that i havent remembered to put check before CPI usage.
Websites: Madjoki || (2 links retracted by team, links out of date and taken over.)
Mods: SMF Arcade, Related topics, SMF Project Tools, Post History

WIP Mods: Bittorrent Tracker || SMF Wiki

Bigguy

I am trying to install this mod through package manager but for some reason it doesnt want to ...I`m very new to this ...is it possible for some one to walk me through this ... I dont have much mysql experience either

dtm.exe

Quote from: Bigguy on May 08, 2005, 08:50:36 PM
I am trying to install this mod through package manager but for some reason it doesnt want to ...I`m very new to this ...is it possible for some one to walk me through this ... I dont have much mysql experience either

Once the mod is uploaded via the Package Manager, you then need to click on the link that says [ Apply Mod ].

-Dan The Man

Bigguy

I did that ....it comes up saying success for about 6 or 7 files and stops at getid folder or somthing and tells me to chmodd via ftp ...I do ....and nothing ...what am I doing wrong

dtm.exe

Quote from: Bigguy on May 08, 2005, 09:13:47 PM
I did that ....it comes up saying success for about 6 or 7 files and stops at getid folder or somthing and tells me to chmodd via ftp ...I do ....and nothing ...what am I doing wrong

Go into your FTP and make sure that all files' permissions are set to 777 by looking at their properties.

-Dan The Man

Advertisement: