News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

SMF Arcade

Started by niko, October 01, 2004, 02:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigguy

do I have to go into my cpanel to do that  ??? ???

Bigguy

I dont know how to run that file other than in cpanel ...is there another way ?  sorry for the  double post ...I`m anxious now LOL

dtm.exe

Quote from: Bigguy on May 09, 2005, 12:31:41 AM
I dont know how to run that file other than in cpanel ...is there another way ?  sorry for the  double post ...I`m anxious now LOL

No.  It's not done from Cpanel.  It's done from http://www.yourwebsite.com/arcadesql.php .

-Dan The Man

Bigguy

ok well hey guys I actually did it from cpanel and it works awesome I got it installed.....hey you guys are good even with that little interuption we had .....now were do I download AND how do I install a game or 2

dtm.exe

Quote from: Bigguy on May 09, 2005, 12:41:18 AM
ok well hey guys I actually did it from cpanel and it works awesome I got it installed.....hey you guys are good even with that little interuption we had .....now were do I download AND how do I install a game or 2

You can download game packages from the link below.  They have hundreds of games to choose from and offer great support.

www.smfgames.com

-Dan The Man

Bigguy

how do I install ??? upload to the games directory and it should be there in my admin panel

dtm.exe

Quote from: Bigguy on May 09, 2005, 12:46:10 AM
how do I install ??? upload to the games directory and it should be there in my admin panel

You add the games to the root/Games directory, I believe.  Then open the Arcade Admin and install them by selecting them in the drop-down list :).

-Dan The Man

Yann

Hello,

when i launch arcade_php i have a internal server error  :(

Can i have a complete sql file for the version that we can download here at this time ?

I don't xant to create all table one by one  ;D

Thanks

Bigguy

ok I got some installed so I think I`m on my way ...I gotta thank you guys for your quick response earlier to that nasty situation, and for all your help and quick replies ...I`ll be back .. thanks

Ben_S

Are there any plans to "fix" this mod so it doesn't do in excess of 70 queries on some page views?
Liverpool FC Forum with 14 million+ posts.

Yann

ok it's not possible to have a simply sql file ............

probinson77

I've written some code to make SMF Arcade work with Orstio's version of the Mambo-SMF bridge.  It's actually quite simple.  Just copy and paste the code from this thread at SMFGames into your Mambo index.php and submitting scores and comments, challenges and tournaments will all work with the bridge.

Aravot

Quote from: probinson77 on May 12, 2005, 04:29:19 PM
I've written some code to make SMF Arcade work with Orstio's version of the Mambo-SMF bridge.  It's actually quite simple.  Just copy and paste the code from this thread at SMFGames into your Mambo index.php and submitting scores and comments, challenges and tournaments will all work with the bridge.

Thank you

dragon52225

Quote from: Yann on May 09, 2005, 05:25:26 PM
ok it's not possible to have a simply sql file ............
Open the arcade_sql.php and find the code creating the table and run the raw sql in phpmyadmin or something

Skhilled

Hi, after installing and upgrading, I've received this error message:

Database Error
Table 'wishyou_smf1.smf_games_caterogy' doesn't exist
File: /home/wishyou/public_html/skhilled/smf/Sources/ArcadeAdmin.php
Line: 169 

Do I need to manually create the table? Or should I have used "update" instead of "upgrade"?

Aravot

Quote from: Skhilled on May 13, 2005, 11:23:04 PM
Hi, after installing and upgrading, I've received this error message:

Database Error
Table 'wishyou_smf1.smf_games_caterogy' doesn't exist
File: /home/wishyou/public_html/skhilled/smf/Sources/ArcadeAdmin.php
Line: 169 

Do I need to manually create the table? Or should I have used "update" instead of "upgrade"?

Run arcade_sql.php

Skhilled

Thanks but figured it out before I read your post.  :)

Hooje

Hey guys. I've installed a fresh SMF link = hxxp:www.lovetheweekend.com/smf [nonactive]  and i've installed SMF Arcade. Here's the steps I took.

1) Admin control panel -> packages -> download and install SMF Arcade -> proceed (everything looked good)
2) I went to install the sql tables (arcade_sql.php) using this link hxxp:lovetheweekend.com/smf/arcade_sql.php [nonactive]

Here's the error

QuoteInternal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

If anyone can help, i'd really appreciated it. Here's my contact details if you want to be extra helpful!

AIM: Hooje
MSN: Hooje [at] hxxp:lovetheweekend.com [nonactive]

Thanks for any help - and i can make you admin if you need to try your own things no problem.

niko

your host seems to runnign php as cgi and your chmod for arcade_sql.php is wrong
Websites: Madjoki || (2 links retracted by team, links out of date and taken over.)
Mods: SMF Arcade, Related topics, SMF Project Tools, Post History

WIP Mods: Bittorrent Tracker || SMF Wiki

Hooje

Yep, that fixed it. Thanks! :).

For any other users - Make SURE arcade_sql.php is set to CHMOD 755. CHECK AND CHECK AGAIN!  :D

Advertisement: