SMF Arcade

Started by niko, October 01, 2004, 02:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

niko

its only reguired if its runned under cgi i think... or if php is runned under other user than 'nobody'. So if you get Internal Server error or Permission Deined on line 0 you need to chmod 755.
Websites: Madjoki || (2 links retracted by team, links out of date and taken over.)
Mods: SMF Arcade, Related topics, SMF Project Tools, Post History

WIP Mods: Bittorrent Tracker || SMF Wiki

Tony Reid

Quote from: Ben_S on May 09, 2005, 12:33:36 PM
Are there any plans to "fix" this mod so it doesn't do in excess of 70 queries on some page views?

I took arcade off my board because of the excess queries - my sites way to busy to take a punch from the arcades queries.

Its a shame because its a really cool mod :(

Lets hope Niko can find time to optimise the sql.
Tony Reid

b0b

Hey anyone know where I can download some games for this?

niko

Websites: Madjoki || (2 links retracted by team, links out of date and taken over.)

Nitro

where do i get this arcadesql.php?
thank you man!

Quote from: OIDanTheManIO on May 09, 2005, 12:38:23 AM
Quote from: Bigguy on May 09, 2005, 12:31:41 AM
I dont know how to run that file other than in cpanel ...is there another way ?  sorry for the  double post ...I`m anxious now LOL

No.  It's not done from Cpanel.  It's done from http://www.yourwebsite.com/arcadesql.php .

-Dan The Man
MPF Rocks!!!

Nitro

question:
i have ran twice the arcadesql.php twice and still it gives me the same error below. i checked for chmod and it is correct to 777 (as i read on previous posts in here)

Quotegame directory path:
www._________________.com/bb/Games/ (Games Directory is invalid)[/b]

and url:
/homepages/20/d107436098/htdocs/bb/games (no errors here but the only first one)

so in the game settings page it keeps showing "games Directory is invalid"

can someone please help me on this one , PLEASE?:

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!
-richard
MPF Rocks!!!

niko

Create the directory...

Edit: you have wrong place so swap them

Aravot

Niko's SMF Arcade 1.1.3 updated for SMF 1.1 Beta 1 & 2

Notice: My updated version ONLY works with SMF 1.1 beta 1 & 2, DO NOT install it on SMF 1.0.x it will not work.

I updated the Arcade for my personal website and thought to share it with the community, I give No Support, use it at your own risk, Backup, Backup, Backup.

Link to SMF 1.1 Beta 2 with Arcade 1.1.3
test/test

To stop any confusion with the original version of Arcade I name the archive 'SMF_Arcade_1.1.3-fixed'

hel8itch

i had the arcade installed on one forum with no problems atall.now iv tried to install it on another board i get
newscore.php was not found on this server.

xcel

Hi hell,
you might find the problem isnt with the arcade but with the actual game thats causing the error.

games modded for IBP Arcade mod and this Mod send the score to index.php?newscore (or somethin like that) but games modded for the phpBB arcade use the system of sending it to newscore.php. So im guessing the game(s) you are having probs with were modded for phpbb.

any game available for phpbb mod is ALMOST always gonna have also been modded for IBP arcade and therefore SMF also, so have a hunt around and replace the games in question.
------------------

Hopefully im right with that, its my first post here as I was just checking out SMF and happened to see your question.

hel8itch

they are games from AMOD..which are swf for phpbb..

where can i get games that will work...

hel8itch

can someone make the arrays for all the games for me pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease
i tried adding one to the list i have and it buggered up  :-[

LFC4EVA

is this mod gonna be compatible for SMF 1.0.3

forsakenlad

Eren "forsakenlad" Yaşarkurt
SMF Friend & Former Team Member

LFC4EVA

i cant read any posts i keep getting

Table 'live_forum.smf_games_champ' doesn't exist
File: /home/live/public_html/forum/Sources/Display.php
Line: 546

Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum files are currently at version SMF 1.0.3, whereas your database is at version SMF 1.0.2. It is recommended that you execute the latest version of upgrade.php.

can someone help me

caNcer_b0y

Quote from: hel8itch on May 19, 2005, 04:09:23 PM
can someone make the arrays for all the games for me pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease
i tried adding one to the list i have and it buggered up  :-[

You can find games for this mod at smfgames.com  You need to register and post 2 times.
My Forum [nofollow]

forsakenlad

You must run the upgrade.php that you can obtain from the Downloads page...
Eren "forsakenlad" Yaşarkurt
SMF Friend & Former Team Member

eddie43302

as soon as i installed the arcade mod no one could view any post on my forum got errors so i uninstalled it and my forum back to normal i like this mod but it made my forum go down!

RingofFire

Is there anyway to turn off the champion listings under peoples names in posts, it takes up half a page cause one guy won 40 things

Lostnode

Anywhere I can get the games, the game site seems to be down the last few days :(

Advertisement: