News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

SMF Arcade

Started by niko, October 01, 2004, 02:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drummerkid418

Quote from: Niko on June 20, 2005, 05:50:13 AM
you dont have all files uploaded

Then, what do I need to upload?  And how do I do it?

johnm

Quote from: drummerkid418 on June 20, 2005, 04:31:00 PM
Quote from: Niko on June 20, 2005, 05:50:13 AM
you dont have all files uploaded

Then, what do I need to upload?  And how do I do it?

check the read me file see the manual install instructions

Quote from: NOS ChromeNut on June 20, 2005, 11:41:34 AM
:(
I asked this question maybe 5, 6, 10 pages back and never got an answer, so I'm not feeling the love here...  :'(  Oh well, let me restate my question, updating it slightly. Before, I had an issue where when I loaded the arcade pack on 1.0.3 it overwrote my index.php file, and put me back a couple of revisions per the Current Templates review.

New updated question - does this arcade pack work with 1.0.4?  And don't answer that you had it prior to 1.0.4 and when you updated to 1.0.4 it still works, I get that.  I want to know that if I load this pack it will not reverse my version again to something older...

still not feeling the love... {heavy sigh} :'(

the mod doesnt replace the index.php file it just edits it

it should work on 1.0.4 if you have doubts read the maunal install insructions and follow them

Quote from: HindSights2020 on June 20, 2005, 11:40:25 AM
Quote from: HindSights2020 on June 18, 2005, 12:40:22 PM
Quote from: OIDanTheManIO on June 18, 2005, 02:17:44 AM
Quote from: HindSights2020 on June 18, 2005, 02:13:03 AM
Well now that I installed the Arcade I get this error if I try to view threads.

Database Error
Table 'hindsigh_smf1.smf_games_champ' doesn't exist
File: /home/hindsigh/public_html/forums/Sources/Display.php
Line: 577

Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum files are currently at version SMF 1.0.4, whereas your database is at version SMF 1.0.1. It is recommended that you execute the latest version of upgrade.php. 

Post merged with the appropriate topic.

-Dan The Man

Could someone please answere this one?
hello?

run arcade_sql.php again if no luck replace display.php with the one from the smf upgrade package

johnm

No need to post twice at smfgames.com to get the games just need to be a member

eddie43302

yea lol! they are gonna want you to pay in the future lol! Someone out there always trying to make a buck!i know i aint gonna pay for that crap this arcade aint worth all that lol!!!!

johnm

Quote from: eddie43302 on June 24, 2005, 07:26:54 PM
yea lol! they are gonna want you to pay in the future lol! Someone out there always trying to make a buck!i know i aint gonna pay for that crap this arcade aint worth all that lol!!!!

for your refrence it wouldnt hurt to check up on things before you open your mouth,
they (we) cant charge you for the games as one term for us having permission for them is that we dont charge for them.
however if you want to ask me stupid questions like how do i add a button, whats php or parse errors you will have to pay me, ive wasted to much time on crap like that.

yes we may charge for some stuff but never games

badshah

right..everything done and dusted but how do i add games???..i download a game, .swf file, uploaded it, the tried tio install it via the Acrade option in Admin Panel in forum, i get some error :
Unknown column 'dsc' in 'field list'
File: /home/badshah/public_html/smf1/Sources/Arcade.php
Line: 936

Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum files are currently at version SMF 1.0.4, whereas your database is at version SMF 1.0.2. It is recommended that you execute the latest version of upgrade.php.

now i knw m doin everything right, the file is .swf its a flash game:

any help on putin games in will be much much much much much appreciated!!!

badshah

actually its all sorted.....ran the intall file and n boom..all worked...yeehaaaa

johnm

Quote from: badshah on June 25, 2005, 04:25:41 PM
actually its all sorted.....ran the intall file and n boom..all worked...yeehaaaa

glad to hear it, several problems can be solved by runing the install script twice, you can run the install script as many times as you wish.

nokonium

I've just been looking at the ArcadeAdmin file and I've notices something that concerns me. I know that there are caterogies'' and that it has to be kept that way, what concerns me are categories

This is what I mean

An array in the Load Template section has category only
'category' => array(
'name' => &$txt['arcade_144'],
'selected' => false,
'link' => $scripturl.'?action=arcadeadmin;sa=category',
'last' => false,

and the function: Function ArcadeAdmin_category(), which has both category and caterogy

Function ArcadeAdmin_category()
{
global $boardurl, $txt, $scripturl, $db_prefix;
global $ID_MEMBER;
global $context, $user_info, $db_prefix, $modSettings;

$query = "SELECT * FROM {$db_prefix}games_caterogy";
$result = db_query($query, __FILE__, __LINE__);
//$context['arcade']['caterogy'][0] = $txt['arcade_67']; // First (0) is reversed for 'No Caterogy'

There are only 3 instances of category, all the others are caterogy.

Is the inconsistancy, not the spelling, part of the Arcade problems?

johnm

Quote from: nokonium on June 26, 2005, 09:08:52 AM
I've just been looking at the ArcadeAdmin file and I've notices something that concerns me. I know that there are caterogies'' and that it has to be kept that way, what concerns me are categories

This is what I mean

An array in the Load Template section has category only
'category' => array(
'name' => &$txt['arcade_144'],
'selected' => false,
'link' => $scripturl.'?action=arcadeadmin;sa=category',
'last' => false,

and the function: Function ArcadeAdmin_category(), which has both category and caterogy

Function ArcadeAdmin_category()
{
global $boardurl, $txt, $scripturl, $db_prefix;
global $ID_MEMBER;
global $context, $user_info, $db_prefix, $modSettings;

$query = "SELECT * FROM {$db_prefix}games_caterogy";
$result = db_query($query, __FILE__, __LINE__);
//$context['arcade']['caterogy'][0] = $txt['arcade_67']; // First (0) is reversed for 'No Caterogy'

There are only 3 instances of category, all the others are caterogy.

Is the inconsistancy, not the spelling, part of the Arcade problems?

really this shouldnt be anything to worry about, but the way its done here could just make it difficult for niko to find bugs, i think as this mod is progressing niko is spelling category correctly wich will cause some confusion for some people especialy if they are trying to get 1.2 to work!!

whilst i think the arcade mod has progressed quite nicley niko needs to iorn out the bugs before any newer features are added

nokonium

Quote from: johnm on June 26, 2005, 05:30:15 PM
whilst i think the arcade mod has progressed quite nicley niko needs to iorn out the bugs before any newer features are added

I think a lot of peeps would agree with that.

ROGUE-Master

Is this compatible with 1.0.4?

johnm

Quote from: ROGUE-Master on June 27, 2005, 08:58:03 PM
Is this compatible with 1.0.4?

should be compatible with 1.0.5 (including 1.0.4)

caNcer_b0y

Works fine with 1.0.4, and 1.0.5. :)  as i ran it on both upgrades :)
My Forum [nofollow]

azyabb

I am sure this has been asked before but, I can't seems to find the answer. I installed SMF 1.05 and arcade 1.03. I have the arcade button on the main menu bar but, when I click on it, the page just reloads. Also I do not see anywhere in the admin where I can admin the arcade to add games etc. What am I missing or what did I do wrong?
AzYabb  ???

johnm

ok if the page just reloads when you click the arcade button you need to open up the index file (index.php) for your forum and add the arcade bit to the array - see the readme.

as for a missing link in the admin pages it could be that it didnt modify your themes admin template
but you should be able to access the arcades admin panel once you have completed the edits to index.php by going to www.yoursite.com/forumdir/index.php?action=arcadeadmin

check the readme for instructions on how to edit the admin template

ivo2296

I did installed the mod and i have pack7 with some games, created categories in admin panel but when try to install a game always shows err.:
Missing field: Category

johnm

manually insert the details into myphpadmin

Itch™

I'll wait for 1.1 Beta 3 support......

YM

flapper

Quote from: ivo2296 on June 30, 2005, 11:55:36 PM
I did installed the mod and i have pack7 with some games, created categories in admin panel but when try to install a game always shows err.:

im getting same error:

QuoteAn Error Has Occurred!

When i go to phpMyAdmin i find that the table smf_games_caterogy   is spelt wrong and should be spelt category is this the reason for error, if so how do i change the table heading.

Advertisement: