News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SMF Arcade

Started by niko, October 01, 2004, 02:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redone

In arcadeadmin.php find

$to_check = array('game','bgcolor','name','highscore','category','width','height','type','file');
it has typo change it to
$to_check = array('game','bgcolor','name','highscore','caterogy','width','height','type','file');
IIRC

or just find $to_check and replace with latter

I am assuming your using 1.2rp.

niko

Quote from: redone on July 03, 2005, 07:58:36 AM
In arcadeadmin.php find

$to_check = array('game','bgcolor','name','highscore','category','width','height','type','file');
it has typo change it to
$to_check = array('game','bgcolor','name','highscore','caterogy','width','height','type','file');
IIRC

I am assuming your using 1.2rp.

And rememper replace all (theres two edit and install)
Websites: Madjoki || (2 links retracted by team, links out of date and taken over.)
Mods: SMF Arcade, Related topics, SMF Project Tools, Post History

WIP Mods: Bittorrent Tracker || SMF Wiki

ivo2296

In arcadeadmin.php find

>  $to_check = array('game','bgcolor','name','highscore','category','width','height','type','file');
it has typo change it to
IIRC

I am assuming your using 1.2rp.  <

Waitt i don't get something - the socond string has typo not the first

Douglas

Do this the easy way.  Run this in phpMyAdmin, changing dlh to your SMF's table prefixes...

DROP TABLE IF EXISTS dlh_games_caterogy;
CREATE TABLE dlh_games_category (
  id int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment,
  name varchar(255) NOT NULL default '',
  PRIMARY KEY  (id)
);
Doug Hazard
* Full Stack (Web) Developer for The Catholic Diocese of Richmond
(20+ Diocesan sites, 130+ Church sites & 24 School sites)
* Sports Photographer and Media Personality
* CFB Historian
* Tech Admin for one 1M+ post, one 2M+ post and one 10M+ post sites (last two are powered by multiple servers)
* WordPress Developer (Junkie / Guru / Maven / whatever)

Douglas

Additional information:

in your dlh_games table, CHANGE "caterogy" to "category".

In $Sourcedir/ArcadeAdmin.php, do a search and replace on "caterogy" with "category". (24 changes)
Do the same in $Sourcedir/Arcade.php  (7 changes)
Do the same in $Sourcedir/Arcade2.php  (4 changes)
Do the same in $Themedir/ArcadeAdmin.template.php  (9 changes)
Do the same in $Sourcedir/Arcade.template.php  (6 changes)

This will fix this issues on a NEW installation.
Doug Hazard
* Full Stack (Web) Developer for The Catholic Diocese of Richmond
(20+ Diocesan sites, 130+ Church sites & 24 School sites)
* Sports Photographer and Media Personality
* CFB Historian
* Tech Admin for one 1M+ post, one 2M+ post and one 10M+ post sites (last two are powered by multiple servers)
* WordPress Developer (Junkie / Guru / Maven / whatever)

nokonium

Quote from: ivo2296 on July 03, 2005, 09:39:50 PM
Waitt i don't get something - the socond string has typo not the first

The sad truth is that 'caterogy' although mis-spelt was the spelling coded in, so if category is used when caterogy is required, category is a coding typo.

we8

I can't seem to register at SMFGames - just never get sent the validation email

ivo2296

How can uninstall this mod, in package manager it shows that the mod is not installed. But i have install it and some game are there.

Please help cause i can't access forum's permitions after i installed the mod!

SeaOfSin

Quote from: ivo2296 on July 04, 2005, 09:25:20 AM
How can uninstall this mod, in package manager it shows that the mod is not installed. But i have install it and some game are there.

The permissions problem is easy to fix!

Open
ManagePermissions.php

Find

'arcade' => array(
'view_arcade' => false,
'play_arcade' => false,
'submit_score' => false,
'challenge_send' => false,
'challenge_view' => false,
'admin_arcade' => false,
),

Just below it you will see an extra  ),  Just remove that.

ivo2296

Quote from: SeaOfSin on July 04, 2005, 12:49:05 PM
Quote from: ivo2296 on July 04, 2005, 09:25:20 AM

The permissions problem is easy to fix!

Open
ManagePermissions.php

Find

'arcade' => array(
'view_arcade' => false,
'play_arcade' => false,
'submit_score' => false,
'challenge_send' => false,
'challenge_view' => false,
'admin_arcade' => false,
),

Just below it you will see an extra  ),  Just remove that.

I did it but nothing - the same situation and how can manualy uninstall this mod?

My php editor found one more error in ManagePermissions.php:

PHP Parse error:  syntax error, unexpected ';', expecting ')'
on line 1037
so line 1037 has this:   );

PHP Parse error:  syntax error, unexpected T_VARIABLE,
on line 1040
line 1040 has:  $non_guest_permissions = array(

ivo2296

So i fixed the problem with permissions, if  someone has the same problem i can give him my fixed ManagePermissions.php

Isaac

Hmm, I'm wondering where I can download games.  I went to www.smfgames.com or whatever the website is, but it says I cannot access the downloads.  I attempted to register on the forums, and am not getting my activation e-mail...

nokonium

The arcade array problem can sometimes just be a ' or you can also get a duplicated array as well. The line 1037 error    );  needs to be ));

Sorry I can't answer the third one, I haven't had that error yet

robertwatcher

I first posted this this morning on SMF forum:

-------

I am getting this message when trying to access High Scores for games (only place I notice it so far) - just upgraded to SMF 1.0.5 last week through the package manager - have uninstalled and reinstalled all mods:

QuoteDatabase Error
The SELECT would examine too many records and probably take a very long time. Check your WHERE and use SET OPTION SQL_BIG_SELECTS=1 if the SELECT is ok
File: /mnt/web_g/d01/s24/b023e0e0/www/prophoto/forum/Sources/Arcade.php
Line: 444

Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum files are currently at version SMF 1.0.5, whereas your database is at version SMF 1.0.2. It is recommended that you execute the latest version of upgrade.php. 

Not sure just what this implies - and if I will loose data or mess up settings by using "upgrade.php" - or for that matter why the upgrade didn't take place with the upgrade through Package Manager - everything else seems to be working flawlessly.

--------------------

Then after finding out there was a newer version of the Archade Mod - I uninstalled the mod and downloaded the new version and tried installing it through package manager - noew I have tons of problems - The games button is installed twice and I can't seem to get rid of the one installation of it - - - also the High scores still do not show up but instead show the database message above.

Any help please - the Mod is installed at http://www.prophotoforum.com .

My Pakage Manager does not show any Archade mod in the list so I can't even uninstall it while I try and figure things out. How do I get rid of the extra game installations that have been installed?

robertwatcher

OK - I figured out the duplication of Game link buttons part (I hope anyway) by deleting the extra entries in index_template.php.

What about the database main issue where High Scores cannot be viewed

johnm

im not sure if this is right

but you can try to edit arcade.php on line 444 and add to the query SET OPTION SQL_BIG_SELECTS=1

that might allow the query to be executed

robertwatcher

Quotebut you can try to edit arcade.php on line 444 and add to the query SET OPTION SQL_BIG_SELECTS=1

How do I add it - into what ever is there:

444 $context['arcade']['panel']['panels'][] = $game_info2;

or on its own line somewhere with a semi colon at the end

Not sure what you mean.

SeaOfSin

Just for fun I installed 1.2 rp on my test site 1.1 Beta 3 Public and it had only one failure in subs.php

all you have to do is find

if (allowedTo('manage_smileys'))
$context['admin_areas']['layout']['areas']['manage_smileys'] = '<a href="' . $scripturl . '?action=smileys">' . $txt['smileys_manage'] . '</a>';

add below

if (allowedTo('admin_arcade'))
$context['admin_areas']['layout']['areas']['admin_arcade'] = '<a href="' . $scripturl . '?action=arcadeadmin">' . $txt['admin_arcade'] . '</a>';

and then goto ManagePermissions.php and find the extra comma after the arcade options.

But I checked everything and it all works fine. You may have to run the sql file twice but all seems well after that!

Charge

hi, i don't really can install all the thing into my database ? cause i intsall it on my forum and then i clicked on the Arcade and clicked Games, it says that smf_ blabla table not found ?

Pause

Quote from: Charge on July 08, 2005, 04:27:57 AM
hi, i don't really can install all the thing into my database ? cause i intsall it on my forum and then i clicked on the Arcade and clicked Games, it says that smf_ blabla table not found ?
run arcade_sql.php
"You and me, inside that box, now." - The Doctor

Bite Fusion
Fusion Web Network
VG Fusion
Wrestling Fusion + Wrestling Fusion Forums

Advertisement: