News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

SMF Arcade

Started by niko, October 01, 2004, 02:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charge

i try that, but it can't works too and somemore my whole display theme is mess up after i install it.

Pause

Quote from: Charge on July 08, 2005, 05:12:25 AM
i try that, but it can't works too and somemore my whole display theme is mess up after i install it.
Are you using the default theme or another?
"You and me, inside that box, now." - The Doctor

Bite Fusion
Fusion Web Network
VG Fusion
Wrestling Fusion + Wrestling Fusion Forums

Charge

i'm using the SMF Default to install it.. but it can't seem to work, so i change the theme to Helios.. wonder can it works ?

ivo2296

Sorry i 'll ask one more time:

How can unistall this mode manualy on 1.0.5 cause i have installed but in package manager shows Aplay mode but Unistall mode?

Kindred

you can manually uninstall by openning the XML install file and doing the actions listed in reverse... (i.e. instead of adding code, remove the code that the install file tells you to add)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

ivo2296

Quote from: Kindred on July 08, 2005, 10:55:32 AM
you can manually uninstall by openning the XML install file and doing the actions listed in reverse... (i.e. instead of adding code, remove the code that the install file tells you to add)

That is in the XML:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE package-info SYSTEM "http://www.simplemachines.org/xml/package-info">

<package-info xmlns="http://www.simplemachines.org/xml/package-info" xmlns:smf="http://www.simplemachines.org/">
   <id>Niko:Arcade</id>
   <name>SMF Arcade</name>
   <version>1.2</version>

<type>modification</type>

<install>
      <readme>Documents/readme.txt</readme>
      <modification type="file">arcade.xml</modification>
      <require-dir name="getid3" destination="$boarddir" />
      <require-dir name="Games" destination="$boarddir" />
      <require-file name="arcade_sql.php" destination="$boarddir" />
      <require-dir name="Sources" destination="$boarddir" />
      <require-file name="Themes/default/Arcade.template.php" destination="$themedir" />
      <require-file name="Themes/default/ArcadeAdmin.template.php" destination="$themedir" />
      <require-file name="Themes/default/images/english/games.gif" destination="$themedir/images/english" />
      <require-file name="Themes/default/languages/Arcade.english.php" destination="$themedir/languages" />
      <require-file name="Themes/default/languages/Arcade.finnish.php" destination="$themedir/languages" />
      <code>arcade_sql.php</code>
</install>

<uninstall>
      <modification type="file" reverse="true">arcade.xml</modification>
   </uninstall>
</package-info>

What should i change?

tylerd213

How do I set the permissions for the arcade? cause regular users are not allowed to view it

robertwatcher

Can anyone tell me how to go about doing this - I have no idea:

Quotejust run query "SET OPTION SQL_BIG_SELECTS=1" (or maybe you have to add it to highscores query).

The above was the response I got back from an SMF Arcade administrator concerning the problem I am having on my ProPhotoForum.com when trying to display Arcade Game High Scores - this is the error message I am getting:

QuoteDatabase Error
The SELECT would examine too many records and probably take a very long time. Check your WHERE and use SET OPTION SQL_BIG_SELECTS=1 if the SELECT is ok
File: /mnt/web_g/d01/s24/b023e0e0/www/prophoto/forum/Sources/Arcade.php
Line: 444

Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum files are currently at version SMF 1.0.5, whereas your database is at version SMF 1.0.2. It is recommended that you execute the latest version of upgrade.php. 

I need help - display of the high scores has been working perfectly on the forum - but has recently changed.

Charge

hmm, no matter how i install it. the database cannot create ?

johnm

if you cannot create the tables then arcade_sql.php must be returning an error

please post any error messages for us to help you

Itch™

I'll just wait for a total 1.1 Public upgrade....

YM

rider

Quote from: tylerd213 on July 08, 2005, 03:31:13 PM
How do I set the permissions for the arcade? cause regular users are not allowed to view it

go into your users permissions and see if the arcade permissions are there and if so click allow to access the arcade.If the permissions are not there then you need to change your managepermisions.php.Also what version of the arcade and smf are you running?

Skhilled

Hi I've had a problem with arcade not loading properly after installing smf 1.0.5 but corrected it by uninstalling arcade. I've also encountered 3 games buttons due to my reinstalling and unstalling and have removed the extras. But now I have 3 sets of champion text/info over my users names.

For example, it will list your championship scores over your name 3 times. How can I remove the extras?

nokonium

IIRC that is in DisplayTemplate.php

nokonium

I've just found another bit of code that Arcade creates multiple entries of.

I had over 200 pages, of "8: Undefined index:" errors in the log. OK so I don't go in there very often  ;)

When I looked at index.php and scrolled down to line 205 I found this

// Here's the monstrous $_REQUEST['action'] array - $_REQUEST['action'] => array($file, $function).
$actionArray = array(
'activate' => array('Register.php', 'Activate'),
'admin' => array('Admin.php', 'Admin'),
'arcade' => array('Arcade.php','Arcade'),
'arcadeadmin' => array('ArcadeAdmin.php', 'ArcadeAdmin'),

Three sets of 'arcade' and 'arcadeadmin'.

On Line 205 was the second occurence of

niko

1.2.1 is now available   :)
Websites: Madjoki || (2 links retracted by team, links out of date and taken over.)
Mods: SMF Arcade, Related topics, SMF Project Tools, Post History

WIP Mods: Bittorrent Tracker || SMF Wiki

robertwatcher

2 questions

1 ) when I try to download the new Archade 1.2.1 from the Package Manager - I get the message that the file I am trying to download is corrupt or not compatable with my version of SMF (which is 1.0.5) - so I can't download the new version from there.

2 ) How do I uninstall Arcade when I don't have an uninstaller available - even though I am running archade on my forum (www.prophotoforum.com)

Thanks for any help.

Itch™

After installing, using the package manager I get:
3.     Execute Modification     Sources/Subs.php     Test failed

If I install anyway, I get:
Table 'xxx_1.smf_games_category' doesn't exist
File: /srv/www/htdocs/xxxxx/html/community/Sources/ArcadeAdmin.php
Line: 191

Obviously it doesn't connect to my database, or is it something different?

Togster

Quote from: YahMan on July 11, 2005, 05:00:31 PM
After installing, using the package manager I get:
3.     Execute Modification     Sources/Subs.php     Test failed

If I install anyway, I get:
Table 'xxx_1.smf_games_category' doesn't exist
File: /srv/www/htdocs/xxxxx/html/community/Sources/ArcadeAdmin.php
Line: 191

Obviously it doesn't connect to my database, or is it something different?

I get the same.... cool that this is gonna work with 1.1 now though :)

DemonicInfluence

install is good, but the source files are buggy........ it won't let anyone to access the arcade. I mean the arcade.php and the arcade2.php .

Advertisement: