News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SMF Arcade

Started by niko, October 01, 2004, 02:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlexHobbs

Quote from: littleone on July 18, 2005, 10:39:34 AM
I am getting these kinds of messages as soon as upload the mod for Arcade.  Any suggestions or ideas?

You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1
File: /home/xxxxx/public_html/xxxxxx/Sources/Display.php
Line: 546

Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum files are currently at version SMF 1.0.5, whereas your database is at version SMF 1.0.2. It is recommended that you execute the latest version of upgrade.php.

Table 'xxxx_smf1.smf_games_category' doesn't exist
File: /home/xxxxxx/public_html/xxxxxxxx/Sources/ArcadeAdmin.php
Line: 191

Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum files are currently at version SMF 1.0.5, whereas your database is at version SMF 1.0.2. It is recommended that you execute the latest version of upgrade.php.

Run the arcade_sql.php again and try running the latest upgrade.php

rider

try to run the arcade_sql.php a couple of times and see if that clears up a couple of issues.Also you can checkout smfgames.com.Read the faq section.You should find alot of the answers there.

oldmanwolf

Okay, first off:  Running SMF 1.0.5 several mods installed but no issues with any of them at this point, Arcade 1.2.1, installed w/ package manager, manually ran arcade_sql.php... 

I'm getting the same error...  I finish playing a game, and instead of being redirected somewhere, I get this mess:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: parse_bbc() in /home/www/xxxxxxxx.org/forum/Sources/Arcade2.php on line 280

line 280:$top10[$i]['comment'] = parse_bbc("[i]{$txt['arcade_25']}[/i]");

When I refresh that page, I get a page that tells me  Possible cheating detected!

At the same time, I'm getting this error in the Admin log...
8: Undefined variable: latest
File: /home/www/xxxxxxxx.org/forum/Sources/Arcade2.php
Line: 495

line 495: return $latest;

I get the line 495 error a couple times before, probably when starting the game in the first place...  These two could be related somehow...

Any ideas?   :-\

niko

parse_bbc is smf function so you probably have something missing :/
i'll check when i have time... i have been lately so bysy
Websites: Madjoki || (2 links retracted by team, links out of date and taken over.)
Mods: SMF Arcade, Related topics, SMF Project Tools, Post History

WIP Mods: Bittorrent Tracker || SMF Wiki

littleone

I get the same error about Arcade 2!  Also, it is awarding 16 credits per response instead of 1, like I have selected.  Any ideas?

Graeme1978

Quote from: Graeme1978 on July 15, 2005, 04:20:37 AM
3. Execute Modification Sources/Subs.php Test failed

I also get this error.  Running SMF 1.1 Beta 3 - I get this error when trying to install SMF Arcade 1.2 or 1.2.1

Still no ideas from anyone?  :-\

AlexHobbs

Unfortunately you will have to do this manually, go to the arcade zip folder and open up install.xml it will tell you what modification should go in Subs.php

Fiery

It fixed it.  You are awesome.... Should I delete arcade_sql.php?

THANKS

Quote from: AlexHobbs on July 18, 2005, 10:00:05 AM
Quote from: pmp6nl on July 18, 2005, 04:34:22 AM
Hey everyone, anyone know how to fix this:

Table 'ndbisonc_smf1.smf_games_category' doesn't exist
File: /home/ndbisonc/public_html/forums/Sources/ArcadeAdmin.php
Line: 191

I am running SMF 1.0.5

THANKS
You are using either:
the wrong forum version to go with the arcade you are trying to use or...
try using arcade_sql.php again
Quote from: Vi31 on July 17, 2005, 10:23:21 PM
Can someone tell me how to find and get rid of all the files that belong to this mod.  I uploaded this mod and completely FU...D up my forum.  Now when I click on a topic I get this error.

Table 'msvi007_smf1.smf_games_champ' doesn't exist
File: /home/msvi007/public_html/timeout/Sources/Display.php
Line: 631

Please Please Please help me get rid of it.
exactly the same as above

Quote from: edi67 on July 18, 2005, 12:39:13 AM
Quote from: AlexHobbs on July 17, 2005, 06:19:33 AM
right ive added a eval (~) to the end of my arcade and the error your experiencing has come up, so i took of the ~ and it works, try doing that and tell me what happens.

sorry me where i add a eval  (~) ? you can show me the line ?
the actual file name so from arcade.italian.php~ change it to arcade.italian.php with no ~

Hope it helps you 3 :)

rider

If everything is working then yes go ahead and delete it

Fiery

What is the games directory path suppose to be (by default)?

thanks

rider

It should be something like this..../home/xxxxxxx/public_html/xxxxxx/Games.Let me know if this works.

Fiery

Yes, that fixed it.

Thanks

Quote from: rider on July 21, 2005, 03:15:54 AM
It should be something like this..../home/xxxxxxx/public_html/xxxxxx/Games.Let me know if this works.

AlexHobbs

Glad everything is fixed  ;)

hel8itch

installed the arcade mod today everything looks ok in the admin panel but when i click games at the top of my forum i get this message

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: parse_bbc() in /home/***/public_html/Sources/Arcade2.php on line 280

can anyone help please

TedNigma

I looked around for this boggle and found one post about it, where the poster never responded to the advice.  Anyhoo.  I got it all setup, installed Asteroids aok.  it did give a 'sub error' however since this is my 'tester' board and not the live one I just told it to goahead.  Something I should DO there?  or is it aok if it seems to function fine?  I did have to rerun 'arcadesql.php' or whatever though, but it fixed my DB boggles.

however when i 'play' it the 'flash box' is just black..  I tried it in Mozilla 1.7, and IE 6.  Running Beta 3 btw.

Thanks for the help, I am sure it's something stupid I am overlooking.
BSDBill

TedNigma

Nevermind.  I found something about 'hotlink' protection.  However I am unable to access my server panel from 'outside', so I must wait until I get home to jack with it.  I'll keep you posted tho.

[Unknown]

Quote from: hel8itch on July 21, 2005, 10:43:48 AM
installed the arcade mod today everything looks ok in the admin panel but when i click games at the top of my forum i get this message

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: parse_bbc() in /home/***/public_html/Sources/Arcade2.php on line 280

can anyone help please

That function only exists in 1.1.  I would guess you are using the 1.1 version in SMF 1.0, or that there is something wrong with the mod.

-[Unknown]

oldmanwolf

Looks like SMF Arcade 1.2.1 only works for SMF 1.1...  If you've got SMF 1.0.x, you'll have to use Arcade 1.1.3...  It works wonderfully, though!  Don't forget to run arcade_sql.php or you'll get errors!  :P

Fiery

No you can run 1.2.1 on SMF 1.0.5.  I got it working, then I started to get the

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: parse_bbc() in /home/***/public_html/forums/Sources/Arcade2.php on line 280

errors.

Editing the hotlink properties didnt fix it... any other ideas?

thanks

Quote from: oldmanwolf on July 22, 2005, 12:28:30 AM
Looks like SMF Arcade 1.2.1 only works for SMF 1.1...  If you've got SMF 1.0.x, you'll have to use Arcade 1.1.3...  It works wonderfully, though!  Don't forget to run arcade_sql.php or you'll get errors!  :P

oldmanwolf

Quote from: pmp6nl on July 22, 2005, 02:44:49 AM
No you can run 1.2.1 on SMF 1.0.5.  I got it working, then I started to get the

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: parse_bbc() in /home/***/public_html/forums/Sources/Arcade2.php on line 280

Like [Unknown] said, the function parse_bbc() doesn't exist in 1.0.x...  The function in 1.0.x is doUBBC()...  Since that function doesn't exist, that's why you get the error.  You may be able to fix it by changing parse_bbc to doUBBC, but 1.1.3 runs just fine, and doesn't give any errors when trying to record a high score (my installation ran perfectly until I tried to record a score, then I got the same error you did)...

Try changing that function, and let us know how it works...  There's a few folks over on the smfgames forum that are having this issue as well, and if there's a simple fix, that would be ideal, you know?

Advertisement: