SMF Arcade

Started by niko, October 01, 2004, 02:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrkid

I just loaded a clean 2.0.14, and started adding in only the basic mods. I tried loading the updated arcade(from GitHub), and most of my buttons are missing text. I even added the "Arcade" button in the Subs.php file, and it won't show the text. I can hover over the sliver of the tab, and navigate through.
In my admin menu, some of the text is there, some is not. In the options, I cannot hover over to see what the link is.
This happens on all themes. (Custom, Core, Curve, etc...)

mrkid

I just cleared and checked all of my error logs. I have about 6000 undefined errors since last night. It appears that every arcade_*_* file in the arcade hooks file in undefined. I had no errors on install, and have been testing out some games. They play fine, but cannot save scores.
I feel something was missing from the install file. I found two versions of the updated install. I believe one was called RC 2.5 updated and the other was Master. I uploaded Master.

Chen Zhen

Fisch.666,

Did you edit the Arcade hooks source file or anything to do with the database (specifically the 3rd party hooks)?
I can not duplicate the issue you reported. What did you navigate to that caused the error to occur?

mrkid,

I have tested the current GitHub version of this modification on 5 themes thus far with no issues regarding language files being loaded.
Is your test a default SMF 2.0.14 installation with no changes other than installing the Arcade 2.5 RC5 & 3rd party themes?
Have you made any changes that you did not report?
Which theme is in all your images from the previous post?

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

"Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune." - Noam Chomsky

mrkid

Quote from: Chen Zhen on June 27, 2017, 08:52:38 PM

mrkid,

I have tested the current GitHub version of this modification on 5 themes thus far with no issues regarding language files being loaded.
Is your test a default SMF 2.0.14 installation with no changes other than installing the Arcade 2.5 RC5 & 3rd party themes?
Have you made any changes that you did not report?
Which theme is in all your images from the previous post?

I have loaded the github arcade across all of my themes. The examples are from Black Rain204. However, the same problem follows across all themes, including default Core and Curve themes.
The only mods I have are join date, bbc code, and Ultimate profile.
I had the old 2.5 arcade loaded on all versions, and it worked until 2.0.14.
Interestingly enough I downloaded two versions from github. One said smf arcade 2.5 RC5 updated,  one said smf arcade 2.5 RC5 master. Difference?
If I new where the text for the href went in these tabs, I could.fix it eaisily. It does not seem to be in the standard places.

Chen Zhen

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

"Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune." - Noam Chomsky

Chen Zhen

One said smf arcade 2.5 RC5 updated,  one said smf arcade 2.5 RC5 master. Difference?

There is only the master branch therefore I have no idea what you are referring to.
Here is the link to the repo:
https://github.com/Underdog-01/SMF-Arcade-RC5

Ensure you are installing the proper version.
Also note that GitHub adds an additional parent folder tree whereas you will likely have to omit that initial folder first using your desktop/laptop computer & then compress it anew.

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

Fisch.666

Hi,

Quote from: Chen Zhen on June 27, 2017, 08:52:38 PM
Fisch.666,

Did you edit the Arcade hooks source file or anything to do with the database (specifically the 3rd party hooks)?
I can not duplicate the issue you reported. What did you navigate to that caused the error to occur?

thanks again for your reply. I havn't touched any files from the SMF Arcade. What i did was:

1. uninstalling the old SMF Arcade from this topic
2. installed the new package from github master (RC5)
3. clear forum cache
4. Browse to https://example.com/index.php?action=admin
5. Put in a word like "test" into the "Quick Search" box of the Administration Center (not the global search of the forums)

Maybe this is related to PHP 7.0? Could that newer version loading an include differently?

mrkid

Quote from: Chen Zhen on June 27, 2017, 10:36:43 PM
There is only the master branch therefore I have no idea what you are referring to.
Here is the link to the repo:
https://github.com/Underdog-01/SMF-Arcade-RC5

Ensure you are installing the proper version.
Also note that GitHub adds an additional parent folder tree whereas you will likely have to omit that initial folder first using your desktop/laptop computer & then compress it anew.

I did install that version. It installed through package manager without errors. When I view source, the href for each tab is visble and points to the correct page, but the text is missing. I even tried adding a button to the Subs.php folder, and no good.

As for the bbc mod, it is "Just another bbc code" from here.

Chen Zhen

Fisch.666,

Thank you for the report.
The GitHub version has been updated with the appropriate fixes.

mrkid,

I assume you meant Yet Another Youtube BBCode.
All mods installed on SMF 2.0.14 with the arcade & testing 5 additional themes (including Black Rain 2) without issue.
It appears that some of the language files are not being loaded or possibly something happened to one or some of them.
The images you had posted seem to show some of the strings working & most others are not.
This seems as though you possibly edited some of those language files with an improper editor or perhaps added semi-colon(s) without escaping them. 

Did you edit any of the Arcade language files?
Can you please attempt to replace them on your test forum with the defaults from the decompressed arcade package & test it again?

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

mrkid

I'll give it a shot, and report back. I have not edited any of tje files myself, jjst tjrougj packahe manager.

Fisch.666

Quote from: Chen Zhen on June 28, 2017, 07:42:52 PM
Fisch.666,

Thank you for the report.
The GitHub version has been updated with the appropriate fixes.

Hey, thanks again for this fix. Confirmed that it now works, thanks again.

mrkid

Quote from: Chen Zhen on June 28, 2017, 07:42:52 PM

Can you please attempt to replace them on your test forum with the defaults from the decompressed arcade package & test it again?

I just uninstalled the arcade, compressed a fresh version from Github, and loaded it back up. I have the same problems, with the same menus. It just doesn't make any sense.

If you can tell me which arcade file holds the tabs and menus, I can look at them and see what's missing.

Chen Zhen

file path on your forum:
../Themes/default/languages/ArcadeAdmin.english.php

file path within the install package:
../language/english/ArcadeAdmin.english.php

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

Chen Zhen

Make sure you use the updated GitHub version as I recently made changes to the file that uses those language variables.
The change may be related & fix the issue you are having.

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

Chen Zhen

You should start over with a fresh SMF 2.0.14 installation.
Just install the Arcade to see if it all works properly without anything else like other mods and/or themes.
If it does work then install those mods and themes one by one but test the Arcade after each mod installation.
This way you can pinpoint a specific mod or theme that may be having a conflict.

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

mrkid

Quote from: Chen Zhen on July 01, 2017, 09:48:41 AM

You should start over with a fresh SMF 2.0.14 installation.
Just install the Arcade to see if it all works properly without anything else like other mods and/or themes.
If it does work then install those mods and themes one by one but test the Arcade after each mod installation.
This way you can pinpoint a specific mod or theme that may be having a conflict.

I'll take a look at the files you mentioned when I get home. Bluehost is blocked at my work. I thought the menus would be added into Subs, or themes. Obviously why I wasn't finding anything.

If all else fails, I will run a fresh test site, and try again.

Chen Zhen

SMF has had a hook system in place for quite some time now to lessen the need to edit files directly.
When possible I use a hook to implement changes.

The language files are loaded via the 'integrate_pre_load' hook and the file that contains the arcade hooks is loaded via the 'integrate_pre_include' hook.

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

mrkid

If that's the case, there has to be some conflict with one of my default or mod files. I made no edits to any of the arcade files.

It's funny, when I look at the source file in Firefox, it shows all of the href files with the text missing. Very bizarre...

mrkid

I have the arcade loaded successfully. I had to install the arcade first, then all of my other mods.

I now have issues with scores not saving. The games load fine, play fine, but I get a 500 error for the newscore.php when trying to save any scores.

I have no errors from my server or error log related to this.

Chen Zhen

This is something that was fixed recently.
Project development is current therefore the Arcade is not at a stable release stage yet as changes are frequent.
Download the latest package and try again.
Thanks for testing!

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

Advertisement: