SMF Arcade

Started by niko, October 01, 2004, 02:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

addlife

Quote from: addlife on April 08, 2019, 04:25:17 PM
I had a problem after installing version 2.56.12 from web-develop.ca

When clicking on the arcade admin settings to edit games, manage installations, and manage uploads it gives me this error

"Too few arguments to function mb_substr(), 2 passed in /home/xyz1/public_html/Sources/Subs-ArcadeAdmin.php on line 2244 and exactly 3 expected"

Chen zen answered me on his forum that I had to enable the mbstring extension

How to Enable mbstring in cPanel

1) Login to cPanel.

2) Go to the section 'Software'.

3) Click the icon 'Select PHP Version'

4) Select the php extension 'mbstring'.

5) Click the button 'Save'.

Although now when I upload a game pack and install it through the admin section the games don't show up. I downloaded the smf gamepacks from invision. I tried 2 different gamepacks and the same thing happens. After installing it just disappears from all lists in the admin section and doesn't either show up on the arcade page either.

Although in cpanel I can see it in the games folder.

I'm getting two errors in error log

http://001002.xyz/index.php?action=admin;area=managegames;sa=main;dda83f97bf6=76902c6ab5738584641c10b8fab50d79

8: Undefined variable: allDirs

File: /home/xyz1/public_html/Sources/Subs-ArcadeAdmin.php
Line: 2656

and

http://001002.xyz/index.php?action=admin;area=managegames;sa=main;dda83f97bf6=76902c6ab5738584641c10b8fab50d79

2: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given

Hopefully he'll see my question here like last time :)

Dave J

Quote from: addlife on April 12, 2019, 05:59:08 PM
Although in cpanel I can see it in the games folder.

I'm getting two errors in error log

8: Undefined variable: allDirs

and

2: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given

Hopefully he'll see my question here like last time :)

I'm getting the same error on my fresh install test site.

I have registered on Chens site but as it's obvioulsy Admin approval for acceptance as yet I've had no reply so can't post on his forum.

I have to say though that this is the only error I get and I have installed and edited a lot of games that I have. So a great piece of work to get it up and running n 2.1.

My errors below
If you want quizzes to add to the new SMF2.1 quiz mod go here . There are also walkthroughs in the forum to explain how to install them and other tips.

hipp0

Im using SMF 2.015 and I can install Arcade fine. But none of the games will display once I goto play them. Is there a way to fix this ?

addlife

Quote from: davejo on April 14, 2019, 03:54:45 AM

I have registered on Chens site but as it's obvioulsy Admin approval for acceptance as yet I've had no reply so can't post on his forum.

I have to say though that this is the only error I get and I have installed and edited a lot of games that I have. So a great piece of work to get it up and running n 2.1.

My errors below
You got my errors or the ones you posted? Is the arcade working?

Maybe try out the most recent file subs-arcadeadmin that Chen zen posted here
https://web-develop.ca/index.php?topic=413.0

Quote from: hipp0 on April 14, 2019, 09:32:54 AM
Im using SMF 2.015 and I can install Arcade fine. But none of the games will display once I goto play them. Is there a way to fix this ?
Did you install the games successfully through the admins mange games setting?

Dave J

Quote from: addlife on April 14, 2019, 04:34:45 PM

My errors below
You got my errors or the ones you posted? Is the arcade working?

No sorry I got the ones I posted, I believe I saw a post with someone else who had the same issue as me I must have mistaken that for your post

Maybe try out the most recent file subs-arcadeadmin that Chen zen posted here
https://web-develop.ca/index.php?topic=413.0

Quote from: hipp0 on April 14, 2019, 09:32:54 AM
Did you install the games successfully through the admins mange games
Yes they installed and played ok but there are other settings within the games that also might need to be adjusted. As I have previous experience of this I knew what to look for. If you didn't know this follow the following

Go to 'Edit Games' then click on the name of the game you want to edit, once there click on advance at the bottom of that page, you will see a drop box which tells you the compatability mode for the game, most of  the time they should be on either IBParcade or IBP Arcade v3 or 3.2 its very rare that they anything else, so if yiurs are in Custom or similar that is possibly the reason.

It might also be that the game-data pack was not loaded, most games come with a folder within the game folder.
If you want quizzes to add to the new SMF2.1 quiz mod go here . There are also walkthroughs in the forum to explain how to install them and other tips.

Chen Zhen

My site shows that you registered but have yet to confirm your email address.
This is required before the site will accept your registration.

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

"Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune." - Noam Chomsky

Dave J

Quote from: Chen Zhen on April 15, 2019, 06:34:38 PM

My site shows that you registered but have yet to confirm your email address.
This is required before the site will accept your registration.

Hi Chen still waiting for the email. The only thing might be if I did my email wrong. I will PM you with what it should be.

efk

Is everything related with Arcade games on SMF dead? I mean to play arcades adobe flash player was required and javascript, so since adobe flash player is gone, is there anything done to bring the life to arcades?

lurkalot

Quote from: efk on March 03, 2021, 02:24:10 AM
Is everything related with Arcade games on SMF dead? I mean to play arcades adobe flash player was required and javascript, so since adobe flash player is gone, is there anything done to bring the life to arcades?

I believe Chen is adding the Ruffle Emulator library to the latest versions of SMF Arcade, this is essentially a flash emulator.  There's also support for html5 games built in already.  Check it out over at https://web-develop.ca/index.php

Ronald_1938

The arcade can play Flash and HTML5 games. AS3 are questionable.

Read the articles: https://arcadeholics.net/index.php?board=5.0

vbgamer45

Ruffle works great!
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Ronald_1938

Quote from: vbgamer45 on March 03, 2021, 05:59:58 PM
Ruffle works great!

Yes it does.. Ruffle is still working on AS3 games, but we have some work arounds in place to play Flash HTML5 and AS3 games..

I have the SMF Arcade that I am slowly building up. I also have a IPB Arcade forum with over 44,000 games, Flash, HTML5 and AS3 games they all work.
You need to add Ruffle to your database, download and install the older version of Adobe Flash, make a couple adjustments in the computer files. On the IPB Arcade I have designated one theme skin to play AS3 games.

https://ronaldsarcade.com/

Dave J

Ruffle working great for me.

Managed to get it running on my test site OK and I got the extension to work in Firefox too. Just a shame I didn't know about this before deleting all the games from my brothers website.

I'm going to check and see if I have an old backup with the games and tables installed etc, if so I will use it on there. He had 1000s of games so it might take a while.

Thanks to everyone who was involved in the creation of Ruffle

Linda Online

Quote from: Ronald_1938 on March 03, 2021, 06:51:23 AM

The arcade can play Flash and HTML5 games. AS3 are questionable.

Read the articles: hxxp:arcadeholics.net/index.php?board=5.0 [nonactive]

"Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist."  :(

Linda Online

I tried to read this thread and delve into it, but forgive me 256 pages is difficult to master, especially since there is a lot of just water that does not carry a message. Please help me figure out how to save SMF games? Is it possible somehow, without possessing the source code of the games, to translate them into the HTML5 format?

Ronald_1938

Quote from: Linda Online on April 04, 2021, 12:46:22 PM
I tried to read this thread and delve into it, but forgive me 256 pages is difficult to master, especially since there is a lot of just water that does not carry a message. Please help me figure out how to save SMF games? Is it possible somehow, without possessing the source code of the games, to translate them into the HTML5 format?

@Linda go to my forum and read up on what you need. News and Announcements - Ronald's Arcade

To code Flash Games to HTML5 game Game Tutorials - How to Make an HTML5 Game (gamedevacademy.org) There is quite a bit involved in the conversions.

We have members that are coders, they convert the Flash to HTML5 games.

When you say save  SMF games, just what is it you are looking to do?

SMF Arcade is being taken care of by Chen. You'll find it here WebDev - Index (web-develop.ca)

They probably no reason for you to convert Flash Games over to H5 Games, because there are loads and loads of H5 games for downloading.

Do you have Ruffle installed in your arcade forum.

Support Team edit: edited to remove invalid BBCodes for easier reading.

Dave J

Hi,

I have tried to solve this myself by trying to add the 'ruffle' script code to 'ArcadePopup-smf2.php' on various different lines. No matter what I do I cannot get the games to play in a popup or fullscreen window.

The games work perfectly OK in a normal page environment but not Popup/fullscreen.

I'm using the latest version 2.6.4 on SMF 2.0.18. PHP7.3

The error I get is the normal 'Flash' error.

QuoteYou have not installed Adobe Flash Player, you need to install it before you can play, you also need to have javascript enabled

If there isn't a fix is there a way to remove the popup - fullscreen option from the games list?

Not that they are coded the same but I have no problems with the quiz popup that works fine.

Does anyone have any ideas please?

NOTE: I have posted this query on WEDEV too a couple days ago.

Thanks for any help.

Chen Zhen

Flash support is now available in the latest version which allows many older flash games to work using Ruffle flash emulator which is an open source project currently in active development.

Ruffle Flash Player emulator runs on all modern browsers using WebAssembly via a sandbox.
It avoids the security issues that Flash had a reputation for.

Version 2.6.5 of the Arcade has been released which includes a recent build of Ruffle.
You can download it from WebDev which is available from one of the links in my signature.

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

"Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune." - Noam Chomsky

Steve

When I go to install via Package Manager, I browse, select the file I downloaded from your site, after a second or so I get 'An error has occurred!' message. I'm on 2.0.19 and PHP 7.4. ??
DO NOT pm me for support!

Chen Zhen

The mod is starting to get a bit large for PHP's default file size limits.
You can use FTP to put it directly into your Packages folder path & install it from that point.
Another option to to increase the following in php.ini:

upload_max_filesize = 16M
post_max_size = 16M
max_execution_time = 60

.. you can increase it even more than that if you want but the above should suffice.
Make sure to reset Apache after making any changes to php.ini so it loads them up.

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

Advertisement: