News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Recent Post only showing to Admins: HELP!!!

Started by obuno, February 28, 2009, 12:58:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

obuno

Hi Guys,

The recent post section of my forum (www.unnforum.com) had been showing to all users including guest. This is the intended behaviour.

But I noticed that after installing the SMF Media Gallery  MOD, the recent post now only shows to only Admin - not to Regular Members of Guest. I've checked all the permission but I can't find anything that could have affected the setting.

Could you help please? I've attached the some files here.

Thanks.

tyty1234

My Activity: Inactive
My Links: tyty1234's SMF Site | SMF Package Parser | SMF Helper | My Mods [5]
Subscribe to my SMF blog for updates
PMs for support will not be accepted, unless requested otherwise.

obuno

I didn't install a recent post MOD. I'm using the default recent post. Everything is working well except that the recent post is showing only to Admins and Global Moderators.

mashby

Latest Post: "Re: 24/7 NUGA-UNN UPDAT..." (Yesterday at 21:05:46)

Isn't that the most recent post (that a guest would see)?
Always be a little kinder than necessary.
- James M. Barrie

obuno

Thanks for looking. Please, see what I mean in the attached screenshots. Admins see a list of the Recently Updated topics while Guest and Regular members do not see it. I've even installed the Recent Topics MOD now but it doesn't still change things.

Thanks.

obuno

obuno

Please, someone help me. I've tried endlessly for two days now to figure out what I've done wrong but no luck. The Recently updated (list of recent topics under the Info Center) on my site, www.unnforum.com is not showing to guest and regular members. I can only see them as an Admin. See earlier attached screenshot. Please, help me, I need help and would be very grateful.

obuno

I believe I can still get help here as I have no where else to go to. Please, someone help me take a look. Members are leaving my forum since they can't see the recent post section.

On my forum www.unnforum.com, regular members and guest cannot see the 'Recently Updated Topics' listed under the 'UNIVERSITY OF BENIN COMMUNITY - Info Center' section. Only admins and global moderators can. I have exactly the same files on www.unibenforum.com but this list is showing on this site to regular members and guest.

Please, what can I check to ensure that all members including guest see a list of the 'Recently Updated Topics/Post'?

onepiece

Are you sure that the files you attached in your first post belongs to your current theme? I can't see any reason for it not to be working.

obuno

That's the point...I can't see anything wrong with the files either. The same files in www.unnforum.com are copied to www.unibenforum.com and unibenforum.com recently updated posts are listed as expected. I've reattached the files as at today.

obuno

I reset all members and guest current themes option and everything worked fine again.

Advertisement: