News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Simple Image Upload

Started by Sium, March 02, 2009, 12:01:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Broken Arrow

I managed to get it working again. I uninstalled the update that took me from 1.1.9 to 1.1.10 and reinstalled the mod, then updated again to 1.1.10

so far it's working. I don't know what caused it to disappear to begin with unless I inadvertanly uninstalled it while cleaning out unused mods the other day.

so for now, I have it working

yay!

mookie

Yeah, looks like a very nice mod.. But it's not compatible with 1.1.10 :(

Any ideas on how to install this on a 1.1.10?

Thanks all!

Broken Arrow

try uninstalling it and then reinstall it.

mookie

I never had it installed, first time I tried it just said "there was nothing to install"

ret

I think Broken Arrow was referring to uninstalling 1.1.10, installing SIU and then reinstalling 1.1.10.

RET

mookie

It's a 1.1.10 fresh install :(

ret

Not sure how you're gonna get around that, without the original author certifying the package. I tried hacking the XML to achieve this, but without success.

mookie

Yeah. Guess I'll wait or look for another mod who would do something similar.. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Sium

Image Hosting [nofollow] - Simple Image Upload Mod [nofollow]

mookie

Nice, thanks!

Too bad I can't really use it, as imageshack is blocked here in China. But for the other users in my forum, it will probably work just fine.

Nice work, thanks!

mookie

Humm.. Is there something wrong? When I hit the "Upload It!" button it finishes uploading and then redirects me to a blank page and nothing happens.

Is there something I need to change?

Thanks!

faceman

Thank you, a must have Mod -  ;D

mookie

Already tried a few things to try and make it work on my forum.. But so far no luck! No errors show up, not even in Apache logs.

Any ideas?

ret

New version worked perfectly, first time. Thanks sium, looks like a great mod.

cheers
RET

mookie

Found out what the problem is... It wasn't my forum nor the mod! It was just probably because imageshack is blocked in mainland China (not even using Tor or other kind of anonymity software I could upload images using this mod) As soon as I tried it in Macao, it worked. Although not always (as sometimes I'd still get the blank page)!

Thanks for the mod.

faceman

It seem that the
www.postimgae.org  - server is offline at the moment

wandawill

how do you uninstall this if it stays down? I don't have that option in the package manager.
thanks

Astra_200

Quote from: faceman on August 10, 2009, 03:29:28 PM
It seem that the
www.postimgae.org  - server is offline at the moment

Yeah same here.  :(

mookie

http://www.postimage.org/ is working here

You didn't type "www.postimgae.org", did you?

Aoife

I'm one of those who'd like the ability to upload images to our own server.

cheers for the mod, and hope you can add server selection to the mod sometime soon!

Aoife

Advertisement: