Simple Image Upload

Started by Sium, March 02, 2009, 12:01:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mookie

Quote from: aoife on August 11, 2009, 11:03:57 AM
I'm one of those who'd like the ability to upload images to our own server.

cheers for the mod, and hope you can add server selection to the mod sometime soon!

Aoife

I second that. Server selection would be a great add!

WBR

getandshare

Quote from: mookie on August 05, 2009, 01:45:33 PM
Humm.. Is there something wrong? When I hit the "Upload It!" button it finishes uploading and then redirects me to a blank page and nothing happens.

Is there something I need to change?

Thanks!

Am having same problem any solution to that.
Imageshack.us opens fine in my place

mookie

It happens. But if I refresh the window that gets blank, it usually works. Try that a few times and see if it works for you.

I guess there must be some problem

Shark-Time

very nice mod.. but is there any way to turn on or off this feature whenever i want..

Providing Cheapest Offshore Hosting as low as 5$/year.
MoneyBookers | AlertPay
Pm Me

YogiBear

Hi Sium,

This mod is a dream come true ! One question : is it possible to delete an image stored on the host?

Um, solved, providing I create a personal account.  :-[
SMF v2.1.3  Mods : Snow & Garland v1.4,  PHP  v.7.4.33

ModelBoatMayhem

Is anyone else have "Bad Gateway" and "Timeout" problems?

This is a popular mod on my forum but it certainly very 'flaky'!I've emailed PostImage.org several time but no response... ever!

Also, I notice no has offered a way of using this system to upload to their another or own server where it can be properly controlled.

Can anyone offer a more stable solution to SMF image hosting?
That's my firm opinion.... but what do I know?!

Aoife

Quote from: ModelBoatMayhem on September 16, 2009, 10:47:01 AM

Also, I notice no has offered a way of using this system to upload to their another or own server where it can be properly controlled.

Can anyone offer a more stable solution to SMF image hosting?

I'm still waiting for an option to upload to our own server. I'm not using the addon at the moment for that reason.

YogiBear

Yep, this is the problem I'm having in that much of the time the image server is down.

bbq-pepper

hellboy78

I cannot use simple image upload,  it give me error. what's up?

YogiBear

For some days, this has been working fine until tonight when I cannot upload any image whether to the Family Safe or Adult Content fields. Pictures already hosted show up fine and the smileys download OK but when trying to upload I keep getting Error 404.

It's a pity because this mod is potentially the answer to all our prayers on our site.

Aoife

Quote from: YogiBear on September 25, 2009, 06:16:31 PM
For some days, this has been working fine until tonight when I cannot upload any image whether to the Family Safe or Adult Content fields. Pictures already hosted show up fine and the smileys download OK but when trying to upload I keep getting Error 404.

It's a pity because this mod is potentially the answer to all our prayers on our site.

I'm still hoping for a feature that allows us to upload to our own servers instead of 3rd party site that isn't under our control.  :(

I added the SMF Media Gallery to our forums and although it is a lot more than what I was looking for, it works nicely - and the forum members like it alot too.   :D

YogiBear

This gets wierder, aoife, as now I find it works better if I use it directly instead of using my account. The problem there is the pictures presumably go into the public domain which isn't good if the pics are personal.

Sium, is the adult content section linked to imagesocket?

For a few days now I've been getting, 'Cannot connect to database.'

idrizc

Hello everione

i installed the mod and i get a problem, when i try to acces the forumits says "parse error"

Template Parse Error!

There was a problem loading the \cache/lang_index+Modifications_macedonian_default.php template or language file. Please check the syntax and try again - remember, single quotes (') often have to be escaped with a slash (\). To see more specific error information from PHP, try accessing the file directly.

You may want to try to refresh this page or use the default theme.
syntax error, unexpected '?'

Can someone help me to solve this problem and get my forum back? please

TomW

Quote from: aoife on September 25, 2009, 06:56:57 PM
I'm still hoping for a feature that allows us to upload to our own servers instead of 3rd party site that isn't under our control.  :(

In order to upload pics to your own server, you must have image hosting software installed such as Coppermine or Gallery2.  Both have mods for bridges to SMF.  SMF - Gallery2 mod includes a button to add a pic from the gallery to a post which is cool.  Coppermine does not, but there is a manual code change to add this in the Coppermine mod discussion.  I haven't decided yet which one to use  :-\

City Builder

A feature that I would find useful is the ability to turn on or off this feature by the amount of posts that a user has, so if a user has already created 25 posts then this would show up to them, if not then they would Not see it.  Why?  Because it's just one more easy step for spammer to invade our forums and add their spam ads and even host them on another server.  So limiting it by post count would at least eliminate most spammers since on our forums they rarely get in more than 2 posts before they are caught.

However....  We do use the garbled url protection so maybe that will do okay and just garble the urls anyway.  So, if so, never mind.  Keep moving, nothing to see here. LOL.

ret

Quote from: City Builder on October 06, 2009, 06:10:22 PM
A feature that I would find useful is the ability to turn on or off this feature by the amount of posts that a user has, so if a user has already created 25 posts then this would show up to them, if not then they would Not see it.

I implemented something very like this - the Upload image link only shows to users in particular membergroups. See this thread for discussion of this.

cheers
RET

willerby

Service is atrocious on this mod - postimage contantly hangs or throws time out errors...

One to drop.
What type of washing machine is September?

An autumnatic. :)

ModelBoatMayhem

Agreed!

Good mod - terrible service.  >:(

PLEASE some mod this so we can upload to our own or nominated server.

That's my firm opinion.... but what do I know?!

YogiBear

Hate to say it but I agree. It's so unreliable. Are there any other hosting services you could link it to, Sium?

I know there is an all-singing all-dancing version available from SMF Mods but it won't accept images for a ahem mature audience.

Advertisement: